Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
Saltheart

What's considered a good breakfast now a days??

I've had my share of coffee and donut breakfasts or 5000 calories fat filled breakfast skillet meals, etc. Yes I know a chocolate covered coffee roll is not at the top of the nutrition list.

I always felt I was doing well if I had a bowl of cereal instead of the donuts. I like Quaker 100% Natural cereal so I boght a big box of that. Oats, whole grains, nuts , fiber man its like eating pure good health from a bowl.....wrong. Now they say it has a lot of fat (if its fat from the nuts its OK but apparently the bulk of the fat is not from the nuts. OK Try again.

I like Kellogs Raisin Bran. What with all that fiber in the Bran and some vitamins in the raisins and not even mentioning the benefits to the waste disposal system, yep Raisin Brans a winner,,,,nope. Now they say they take those two scoops of raisins and sugar coat them. Now why a sweet raisin needs to be sugar coated is beyond me but apparrently its true. Also any cereal with milk is a problem unless you use skim milk, etc, etc.

So what about fruit for break fast? Sounds good but they say some have a high glycimic index...How about a nice multigrain muffin...nope , muffins are 5 times bigger than they should be and some have over 500 calories in just 1 muffin (and who can eat just one .

So anyway , what the hey is considered a good healthy breakfast these day?

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote