Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-30-2019, 07:21 AM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Another honest Trumplican Gym Jordan

GTP rallies around Trump 9/11 role.

“While Obama and Biden were cowering in fear on Air Force 1, Mr. Trump was on the ground with first responders searching for survivors and pulling people to safety,” Jim Jordan says. “I remember seeing him on TV, running toward the danger.”

He obviously lives in an alternate reality
Bush was President and Obama was in the Illinois State Senate.
Trump was hiding in his apartment on the phone claiming he now had the tallest building in Manhattan.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-30-2019, 07:51 AM   #2
PaulS

Trump was actually in NJ watching the Muslims cheer the towers falling then swam across the Hudson to pull people to safety. He would have gotten there quicker but it took him time to find a bathing cap so as not to ruin his hair.
Old 07-30-2019, 08:08 AM   #3
PaulS

On 2nd thought I doubt Trump could run anywhere.
Old 07-30-2019, 08:09 AM   #4
Sea Dangles

It’s hard to run at his age.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-30-2019, 08:20 AM   #5
Jim in CT

did jim jordan really say that?
Old 07-30-2019, 08:46 AM   #6
spence

As much of a complete dip#^&#^&#^&#^& Jordan is I’d say it’s satire in response to Trump’s first responder remark.
Old 07-30-2019, 08:48 AM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Only in Satire
Just imagine Trump running.

It's much like things Gym Jordan didn't know about at Ohio State.

Republicans have a pattern of circling the wagons over sexual abuse. They backed alleged pedophile Roy Moore in Alabama. Despite that effort, pushed from Trump at the top, Moore lost his election and Alabama is now represented by Democratic Sen. Doug Jones.

Then there is Trump, the head of the party and an admitted sexual predator. Republicans have continued to back him wholeheartedly, despite allegations against him and his very own words.

As they rally around Jordan, it seems this is the model for how the Republican Party will deal with abuse. No matter how serious the allegations or strong the evidence, if it's one of their own, they'll simply close ranks and smear the victims.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-30-2019, 01:50 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
As much of a complete dip#^&#^&#^&#^& Jordan is
he annihilated Mueller. so what does that make Mueller?
Old 07-30-2019, 02:11 PM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
he annihilated Mueller. so what does that make Mueller?
He just stomped his feet and kept asking questions he knew Mueller wouldn't/couldn't answer. He's a joke.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:24 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
He just stomped his feet and kept asking questions he knew Mueller wouldn't/couldn't answer. He's a joke.
mueller said he couldn’t get into things that were already in the report. that’s also a joke.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:27 PM   #11
spence

Quote:
mueller said he couldn’t get into things that were already in the report. that’s also a joke.
Don't believe he ever said that.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:00 PM   #12
scottw

muller looked and sounded more clueless than blasey ford....democraps need better witnesses
Old 07-30-2019, 03:02 PM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
The continuing counterintelligence investigation and the investigation into the origins of the investigation precluded Mueller from going into many things. Gym Jordan knew that. Mueller did discuss with Barr the parameters of his testimony.

Muellers object in testifying was obviously to not provide either side with ahah clips. He did not perform a political operation, though Trumplicans certainly have tried to paint it as such. Since Republicans could not question the contents of the report without hurting Trump, they chose to attack the messenger.

The Republicans have currently adopted Alinsky's rules and are using them somewhat effectively but rule #7 is "A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag". Many people are getting sick of Trump's negative attacks and racism.

What Mueller found and is contained in the report is that President Trump and his campaign officials knowingly welcomed help from the Russians and had at least 140 contacts with Russian operatives. And that they failed to report the Russians’ activities to law enforcement even after the FBI briefed them on the threat. This evidence is damning on its own. It was worth investigating. Once again, that this investigating didn’t uncover sufficient evidence to bring conspiracy charges against the president is a total relief for the country. But because the probe was merited, the charge that it was a “hoax” has been disproven.

If these were the days of Watergate, there would be Republicans who never would’ve used such a word to describe Mueller’s work. There would be Republican representatives like Manley Caldwell Butler of Virginia, who said of Nixon’s offenses, “These things have happened in our house, and it is our responsibility to do what we can to clear it up. It is we, not the Democrats, who must demonstrate that we are capable of enforcing the high standards we would set for them.” Republicans like Butler had a spine. Most Republicans today don’t. So of course they can’t help but lie at the feet of a president whose boots they lick.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-30-2019, 03:08 PM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Don't believe he ever said that.
watch the clip of the exchange between mueller and jordan, and tell me he didn’t say that. you still won’t believe it naturally, because you can’t believe what doesn’t fit the narrative.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:13 PM   #15
Jim in CT

spence here it is, go
to two minutes in. mueller says explicitly that he can’t get into the answer to jordan’s question, when the answer was in the report.

still not believe it?

Old 07-30-2019, 04:51 PM   #16
spence

Quote:
spence here it is, go
to two minutes in. mueller says explicitly that he can’t get into the answer to jordan’s question, when the answer was in the report.
He didn't declare he couldn't get into items in the report, he made a single remark under rapid fire questioning which he then clarified. Jordan is just pimping conspiracy for the trolls...because you know, the entire FBI is in the bag right?
Old 07-30-2019, 05:28 PM   #17
scottw

Quote:
He didn't declare he couldn't get into items in the report, he made a single remark under rapid fire questioning which he then clarified. Jordan is just pimping conspiracy for the trolls...because you know, the entire FBI is in the bag right?
this sounds like what someone would say if they are guilty and trying to deflect
Old 07-30-2019, 06:17 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jordan: Who told Pappodopalis about it?

Mueller: I can't get into it.

Jordan: Ys you can, you wrote about it.
Old 07-30-2019, 06:43 PM   #19
spence

Quote:
Jordan: Who told Pappodopalis about it?

Mueller: I can't get into it.

Jordan: Ys you can, you wrote about it.
I'd assume there's a lot more behind the scenes he's aware of.

Seriously Jim, your myopia is astoundingly high in every post these days. Who has TDS again?
Old 07-30-2019, 06:48 PM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
I'd assume there's a lot more behind the scenes he's aware of.

Seriously Jim, your myopia is astoundingly high in every post these days. Who has TDS again?
First you denied that Muller said he couldn't get into something that was already in the report. Now, you're saying something else, not sure what.

Liberal=good, conservative=bad, every time, zero exceptions.