Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-12-2008, 07:55 AM   #1
scottw

OBAMA SHOULD RESIGN

I am calling for the resignation of Barak Hussein Obama, he should resign immediately from the Office of the President Elect of the United States and save the country the pain of what is sure to be yet another long national nightmare. If you, as President Elect (actually not formally until the electors cast their votes but don’t tell Barry that), cannot negotiate the few weeks of playing Pretender–in-Chief without a major scandal involving you, your Administration Elect or your former Senate seat, what can we possibly expect during the next four years of being hounded daily by the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy? We can tell when you are lying Barry….ahhhh, ahhhh, ummmm, ahhhh….w-w-wweeee….th-th-theyyyyy….I-I-IIII….ahhhh….ahhh….. Bubba must be laughing at the incompetence. We all know where this is going to end up, Obama will stand at the podium behind the storied “Great Seal of the Office of the President Elect” as so many distinguished Presidents Elect have done for more that two hundred years in that great building that the people have erected to house the First Family Elect and the Office of the President Elect. He will no doubt wave his middle finger as he did so many times during the campaign when speaking of his opponents drawing giggles from his minions. And he will forcefully state, “ I did not have contextual relations with that man, Mr. Blog-ahhhh…Blog-ahhhh…..Blago, not one time, never…now I need to get back to doing the work American people in the office of the President Elect”. We know that it’s the actual “Office of the President Elect” because it says so, right there on the piece of cardboard, taped to the front of the podium, spelled out in blue crayon. We can expect a Blackberry to turn up with DNA evidence proving that Obama was lying to the American people which will matter not to about 52% of them. Barry will have brought such disgrace to the Office of the President Elect, an unprecedented level of corruption in an amazingly short period of time that there can be no other resolution than to have him fly off with the First Family Elect from the Almost White House in Air Farce II into the sunset having served the shortest near- presidency in history. I’m sure that the constitution spells out clearly how the transition of power should take place when a President Elect either resigns or is impeached from the Office of the President Elect…has anyone even seen Biden lately?
Old 12-12-2008, 07:59 AM   #2
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Why do you feel he is in any way responsible or even involved in the Bolgojevich scandal?? Its his former seat and he is the President Elect? What might he have to gain?? Lets hear some facts....not ridiculous, angry, non-factual baloney!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
Old 12-12-2008, 08:33 AM   #3
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
Why do you feel he is in any way responsible or even involved in the Bolgojevich scandal?? Its his former seat and he is the President Elect? What might he have to gain?? Lets hear some facts....not ridiculous, angry, non-factual baloney!
He can't help it Larry.

Dry humping a Sean Hannity blow up doll gets old after a while. He has to take it to a new level of absurdity or else he'll never get off.

What I find most depressing is how in the tin-foil hat wearing class of GOP punditry addicts, there was at least a thick vein of "America can do anything "optimsm that people often associate more with Republicans.

The election of Barak Obama (by a fair and uncontested election) has somehow taken this away and left only a murky puddle of dispair.

Perhaps we should blame Bush for getting the ball rolling on this one. 9/11 was an attempt to hurt America and our leadership responds by using terror to scare Americans into voting Republican, taking away rights and flaunting the rule of law, in effect doing Bin Laden's own bidding.

Now the fractured Right hopes to sink Obama before he's even in office.

I ask the good people of S-B.com... To what end?

Our country is currently in the middle of a major recession, a widespread generational shift in leadership, huge foreign policy messes to be cleaned up and looming domestic landmines that the baby boomers are going to belly flop onto with wild abandon in the next decade.

We have big issues.

Bush has already checked out and has one step in the Whitehouse and one in the Ranch. What we need now is leadership, and the American people have chosen Barak Obama as that leader.

The Blago story is a big one, but in the grand scheme it's a novelty story of a few arrogant and corrupt people at best. Even the special prosecutor has indicated with absolute certianty that Obama was not associated in any way. To use this to injur the entire nation, just because it provides a brief bit of respite, a quick fix, a sudden rush that for a few brief moments takes you to a place where Obama isn't...knowing all the time that when you come down from your tweak, he'll still be there ready to lead...

Is pretty selfish, petty minded and anti-American if you ask me. I for one believe in America, do you?

-spence
Old 12-12-2008, 08:41 AM   #4
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Maybe alot of folks did not vote for Obama, but he is a likeable guy, family man, and I can give not one reason not to stand behind him as he is going to be our President. Doesn't he at least deserve a chance?

At least if folks are gonna bash him...maybe try some coherent, factual banter instead of the nonsensical load of crap expressed in the first post of this thread?

Old 12-12-2008, 08:46 AM   #5
eastendlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
He can't help it Larry.

Dry humping a Sean Hannity blow up doll gets old after a while. He has to take it to a new level of absurdity or else he'll never get off.

What I find most depressing is how in the tin-foil hat wearing class of GOP punditry addicts, there was at least a thick vein of "America can do anything "optimsm that people often associate more with Republicans.

The election of Barak Obama (by a fair and uncontested election) has somehow taken this away and left only a murky puddle of dispair.

Perhaps we should blame Bush for getting the ball rolling on this one. 9/11 was an attempt to hurt America and our leadership responds by using terror to scare Americans into voting Republican, taking away rights and flaunting the rule of law, in effect doing Bin Laden's own bidding.

Now the fractured Right hopes to sink Obama before he's even in office.

I ask the good people of S-B.com... To what end?

Our country is currently in the middle of a major recession, a widespread generational shift in leadership, huge foreign policy messes to be cleaned up and looming domestic landmines that the baby boomers are going to belly flop onto with wild abandon in the next decade.

We have big issues.

Bush has already checked out and has one step in the Whitehouse and one in the Ranch. What we need now is leadership, and the American people have chosen Barak Obama as that leader.

The Blago story is a big one, but in the grand scheme it's a novelty story of a few arrogant and corrupt people at best. Even the special prosecutor has indicated with absolute certianty that Obama was not associated in any way. To use this to injur the entire nation, just because it provides a brief bit of respite, a quick fix, a sudden rush that for a few brief moments takes you to a place where Obama isn't...knowing all the time that when you come down from your tweak, he'll still be there ready to lead...

Is pretty selfish, petty minded and anti-American if you ask me. I for one believe in America, do you?

-spence
That is what i was thinking well said Spence.

Originally Posted by Flaptail
"Throw plugs like we do that will cause them to suffer humility. Pogies make any fisherman look good when bass are around. Bait is easy."
Old 12-12-2008, 08:51 AM   #6
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

I think Scottw likes to troll as he posted the thread and hit the road?!

Old 12-12-2008, 08:55 AM   #7
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Kool-aid and 151 are a Bad Mix

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-12-2008, 09:25 AM   #8
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Yea, especially at 7:55am

-spence
Old 12-12-2008, 09:29 AM   #9
EarnedStripes44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
you aint kidding, especially at house parties.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:54 AM   #10
Raven

well spoken Eastendlu

that's what i thought you were thinking
Old 12-12-2008, 11:56 AM   #11
PaulS

Quote:
I can give not one reason not to stand behind him as he is going to be our President.
Hey, there was a whole segment of the population who didn't vote for him other than he had a Muslim name. Maybe he's a Muslim Manchurian candidate
Old 12-12-2008, 01:04 PM   #12
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Obama is doing a great job so far.
Is the "right wing" press doing the right thing by questioning him on this - yes.
thats the JOB of the press. Just like it was the job of the press to go after Bush.
It is interesting to me that it is the "right wing" press going after Obama, but it was just "media" goign after Bush. Hmmm

I dont think Obama has anything to do with this and it shouldnt be a distraction, but he is not above the law and should answer if implicated.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 12-12-2008, 03:30 PM   #13
Raven

Thumbs down

this ain't no watergate...

no one should have to resign a job that they haven't even begun.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:15 PM   #14
Joe

I would watch Fox back when Laurie Dhue used to occupy the "legs" chair....between two male anchors.
The first time I saw her I was not sure if it was the real news, or if I had left my copy of "Naughty Newswomen" in and forgot to switch the function back from dvd.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:33 PM   #15
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
I highly doubt Obama had anything to do with some kind of $ deal in the Obama replacement Bolgo scandal.
However, i am waiting to see how quickly and thoroughly the "transparency policy" Obama promised, about his staff in this matter, comes through.

Especailly interesting is Chief of Staff Emanuel who took Bolgojevich's Congressional seat after he became Governor.

" Choose Life "
Old 12-12-2008, 08:26 PM   #16
scottw

UPDATE

I might be nuts but you guys are wound awfully tight....

uh oh....Rham-bo ain't showin up at the Oblong Office because Michelle is sending him death threats and Barry is smoking two packs a day...this can't be good....but I'm sure he'll remain pure in the eyes of the bedazzled

Bigfish...no sense of humor??? c'mon dude, lighten up

Spence...you got your ass kicked a lot when you were a kid, huh?
I've got that tinfoil hat that I promised you, actually, 2 -one for you and one for your immense ego, I'm guessing what XXXL

Raven- I said he should resign as President Elect - that job, he has begun...didn't you see the sign on the podium?

this is the most corrupt occupant of the Office of the President Elect in history

yes, I would prefer that he not enact all that he has planned after the innauguration.....
Attached Images
File Type: bmp blago.bmp (100.8 KB, 480 views)
Old 12-12-2008, 08:48 PM   #17
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I might be nuts but you guys are wound awfully tight....
To know you're nuts and still be nuts...is really nuts.

Quote:
uh oh....Rham-bo ain't showin up at the Oblong Office because Michelle is sending him death threats and Barry is smoking two packs a day...this can't be good....but I'm sure he'll remain pure in the eyes of the bedazzled
Keep smoking, when you have any facts perhaps we'll listen. Or are you just peeking at the pics Drudge is posting to give you another tweak?

Quote:
Bigfish...no sense of humor??? c'mon dude, lighten up
You should know better than that.

Quote:
Spence...you got your ass kicked a lot when you were a kid, huh?
I've got that tinfoil hat that I promised you, actually, 2 -one for you and one for your immense ego, I'm guessing what XXXL
No, not actually.

If my ego is so large why are people in agreement with me?

Quote:
Raven- I said he should resign as President Elect - that job, he has begun...didn't you see the sign on the podium?
Why? Just to make you happy? Another sign of mental instability.

Quote:
this is the most corrupt occupant of the Office of the President Elect in history
Based on nothing. Seriously, name his corruption...please...

Quote:
yes, I would prefer that he not enact all that he has planned after the innauguration.....
Perhaps the only sane thing you've said this thread. Unfortunately Obama won the election and has a favorable Congress.

-spence
Old 12-12-2008, 10:00 PM   #18
Nebe

I love watching rightwinger meltdowns..
Old 12-13-2008, 06:23 AM   #19
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I love watching rightwinger meltdowns..
Spence is a Rightwinger ?

Spence- HITLER HAD A BIG EGO AND SOME PEOPLE AGREED WITH HIM, just sayin'

HELLO- THERE IS NO OFFICIAL "OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT ELECT"....OBAMA JUST INVENTED IT THIS TIME AROUND, IT'S A JOKE....HE'S THE MOST CORRUPT IN HISTORY BECAUSE HE'S THE ONLY OCCUPANT IN HISTORY....

I thought that you thought you were smart Spence....I already knew that you were humorless....sad

BTW...Nixon didn't actually steal anything form the Watergate, just claimed no involvement or knowledge....that was enough
Old 12-15-2008, 08:00 AM   #20
PaulS

The Govern. is a POS, so the Pres. elect should resign
Old 12-16-2008, 08:25 AM   #21
scottw

UPDATE

"The Govern. is a POS" ... is that texting language or something?
not sure but

yes...he should resign from the "OFFICE of the PRESIDENT ELECT of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA" and hand over the keys to Air Farce II and the OBLONG OFFICE and a succesor should be appointed to serve out the rest of his six week term....

at least that will keep him from spending a trillion dollars that we don't have...
Old 12-16-2008, 10:55 AM   #22
PaulS

Piece of crap

So is he spending a trillion dollars while he is in the office of the president elect of the USA??
Old 12-16-2008, 11:28 AM   #23
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
"The Govern. is a POS" ... is that texting language or something?
not sure but

yes...he should resign from the "OFFICE of the PRESIDENT ELECT of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA" and hand over the keys to Air Farce II and the OBLONG OFFICE and a succesor should be appointed to serve out the rest of his six week term....

at least that will keep him from spending a trillion dollars that we don't have...
Scott;
I'm not sure whether to take this whole thread as a joke or not after this last post...

who should the successor be?
He McCain, go hang out for 6-weeks until Obama gets to take over...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 12-16-2008, 11:48 AM   #24
Nebe

Quote:
Spence is a Rightwinger ?

Spence- HITLER HAD A BIG EGO AND SOME PEOPLE AGREED WITH HIM, just sayin'

HELLO- THERE IS NO OFFICIAL "OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT ELECT"....OBAMA JUST INVENTED IT THIS TIME AROUND, IT'S A JOKE....HE'S THE MOST CORRUPT IN HISTORY BECAUSE HE'S THE ONLY OCCUPANT IN HISTORY....

I thought that you thought you were smart Spence....I already knew that you were humorless....sad

BTW...Nixon didn't actually steal anything form the Watergate, just claimed no involvement or knowledge....that was enough
Dude, you need help. I suggest prozac. However, from the sounds of things, perhaps you just took yourself off of it.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:11 PM   #25
slow eddie
slow eddie

this sounds like something i would start. but them my tongue would be firmly in cheek. you would think that with the decline of the american way in the last 8 years, people would have even a little clue.

put them back alive. i do have grandkids.
as your hair gets whiter, your gear gets lighter.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:40 PM   #26
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Scott;
I'm not sure whether to take this whole thread as a joke or not after this last post...

who should the successor be?
He McCain, go hang out for 6-weeks until Obama gets to take over...
took that long?....I like Maxine Waters to fill the post, she's funny...

Paul- no he's planning to spend a trillion...give or take a few hundred billion after Jan. 20th....there goes your 95% tax cut

hey, isn't this the bunch that was kicking the crap out of Sarah Palin a little while back for a little Africa story that was completely false...
I guess it's OK to beat up the girl.....
but....don't mess with the messiah....

messiah last week... " noone in my office no me has had any contact, of that I can be sure"
messiah this week..."noone has had any INAPPROPRIATE contact" heh, heh...sounds like there may have been a little contact?

this is so very Clintonesque
first...strong denial...Liberal Lewinski media comes to your aid
next...slowly change the language...LL media goes along with the storyline
then.... create a villan and play the victim....LL media attacks villan
important....drop details that make you look bad on a holiday/weekend(Obama report comes out next Wed. of THUR.)
and finally....claim credit and victory...LL media gazes at you adoringly admiring your remarkable ability to lie and obfiscate
Old 12-16-2008, 01:33 PM   #27
Nebe

Is there a mental health clinic near you? Look into it.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:03 AM   #28
scottw

your repertoire is pretty limited huh Dwebe?
Old 12-17-2008, 07:45 AM   #29
spence

Quote:
messiah last week... " noone in my office no me has had any contact, of that I can be sure"
messiah this week..."noone has had any INAPPROPRIATE contact" heh, heh...sounds like there may have been a little contact?
That's not what he said, you're just making things up...

As a teacher I'd think you'd have the skills to turn actual reports and facts into a compelling and reasonable argument.

Instead, we just think you're cracked.

-spence
Old 12-17-2008, 02:38 PM   #30
scottw

I like how Spence always defends Nebe and Nebe always defends Spence...you two make a cute couple...

ok...I left out a bunh of ahhhhh's

ps...I'm not a teacher...who told you that ?