Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 04-20-2005, 01:38 PM   #1
TBone

This guy deserves the Congressional Medal of Honor!!!

http://www.local6.com/entertainment/4397174/detail.html

Last edited by TBone; 04-20-2005 at 02:04 PM..

What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country. -HST
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:27 PM   #2
Iwannakeeper
fishing the pacific

Send a message via AIM to Iwannakeeper
I like the story....

But T-bone your avitar made me laugh more

Keep lines wet and tight in the pacific
Iwannakeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:39 PM   #3
chris L

why for running away from what he did . He should have stood there and proudly said I spit in your face Hanoi Jane . If he felt so strong about it !
chris L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:48 PM   #4
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Right Chris, that was my first thought too. Medals of honor are NOT usually awarded to cowards. I don't blame him at all for spitting on her though she makes me
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:55 PM   #5
TBone

Okay maybe not the medal of honor...

What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country. -HST
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 10:40 PM   #6
Skip N

Ugh i can't stand that women. She defines the word traitor
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 11:23 PM   #7
Notaro
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris L
why for running away from what he did . He should have stood there and proudly said I spit in your face Hanoi Jane . If he felt so strong about it !
"Hanoi" Jane just sounds about right. This hag just makes me sick now... This vet is da man...coming from a Vietnamese like me.

T-bone, your avtar always makes me laugh.
Notaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 07:52 AM   #8
Saltheart

I don't like her politics but she has more balls than the coward who spit on her. At least she stood up for what she beleived in and didn't pick on some elderly lady. I got no respect for thsi guy at all.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 08:27 AM   #9
fishweewee

Send a message via AIM to fishweewee
Angry

According to numerous POW accounts, her visits to American POW's while in captivity resulted in the torture and deaths of U.S. servicemen.

On more than a few occasions, these AMERICAN servicemen were trying to secretly give her notes to pass on to people back home.

The bitch handed the notes over to her N. Vietnamese hosts, who then beat the prisoners silly. In some instances, airmen and soldiers died as a result of their punishments meted out by North Vietnamese captors.

It's one thing to oppose the war. It's another to PUBLICLY aid and abet the enemy in wartime. She betrayed Americans.

As far as I am concerned, I would have been happy if that Vietnam Vet who recently spit on her SHOT the $%&* for treason.

Last edited by Slipknot; 04-21-2005 at 02:31 PM..
fishweewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 09:31 AM   #10
Saltheart

Vietnam...what a mess. I can tell you that in the early 70's I was draft age. my friends and I all sat around listening as the draft lottery took place. each birthday getting pulled out of a barrel. No student deferments , nobody heading for canada , nobody claiming consciencious objecter but NOBODY wanting to go there. For me , I drew number 359 out of 365 , I was safe. Some of my friends drew low numbers like 18 out of 365 , they were in trouble. It was a weird time in history. It seems like the most "unforgiveable" stuff was done by the people with the strongest feelings about it. I can't condemn someone who despite some real bonehead actions , stood up for what they beleived was right at the time. She has publicly apologized for her actions but not her anti war beliefs. Having lived through the confusion of that time in history , I can forgive someone with strong convictions but poor judgement.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 09:40 AM   #11
fishweewee

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltheart
She has publicly apologized for her actions but not her anti war beliefs.
She figured she'd sell more books if she apologized for her actions.

Is she genuinely apologizing (to appease a guilty conscience), or ... was this a smart marketing move on her part?

I don't disdain people who opposed the Vietnam War. I wasn't there but I can try to understand how people felt about a perceived unjust war.

Getting U.S. solidiers killed is where I draw the line between protest and treason.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:19 AM   #12
Notaro
None

If she handed the notes to the Viet Congs and caused US soldiers to get torture severely and silly, the guy had the right to spit on her. This bitch will say whatever the public wants to hear, ie apology and so on. It doesn't mean anything to me. It's like Mark Wahlburg making a public apology to the city of Boston for beating up a Vietnamese guys a few years ago in his neo-nazi days before he became a movie star. It's just a publicity.

As opposition of the Vietnam War, I have lost some of family members there before my mum told me about other additional relatives from either of my dad's and her sides. It was a turmoil and hell.
Notaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 01:06 PM   #13
Skip N

I wonder were all the usual suspects are on SB.com who like to defend people like her? I think even they can't justify her actions. Damn traitor that women is
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 01:17 PM   #14
chris L

I agree that what she did was a big kick in the stomchs of the soldiers that were in vietnam . The photo of her in the antiaircraft gun and the passing of the POW's notes to the vietcong was wrong and her sympathizing with the enemy , although it could be called treason : she was not in the Military , she was not there speaking for the American people and our Government didnt send her there . She was an American citizen expressing her belief the war was wrong . As an American citizen she has every right to do so ! Whether we agree or not . I dont condone what she did . But I defend her right to to express her views as an American citizen . Isnt that what we go to war for ? Our freedom of speach and the right to express opinions . Whether others agree or not . By not allowing her to express them are we really free ? Are we more like other countries that stifle their citizens ? As distasteful her act was or might have been to some . Its the Veterans of all our wars that gave her that right . And besides who gives a rats ass about Jane and her beliefs . She has gotten more publisity from this act than her brother or father did from all their movies . She was wrong in my book by doing what she did but I have to defend her right to do so !

I was not too young to understand the war or remember the news footage , but Thankfully to young to serve . Im one of the lucky ones who did thier hitch with no war .
Old 04-21-2005, 02:27 PM   #15
fishweewee

Angry

Quote:
...are we really free ?...
I'm not wearing any underwear right now. So yes, in a manner of speaking, yes, we are free.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:35 PM   #16
outfished

Here's my 2 cents. People like her and others (actors, rockstars, etc.) are never taken seriously by me. These folks lead luxurious lives, never had to work hard for anyhing they have, are totally clueless how the rest of us live and when they open their flaps to tell us about something they don't like we're expected to drop everything and listen, afterall, they are famous and they know whats wrong and right in this world. Bullsheet! These self proclaimed preachers are everywhere, Jane Fonda, Bono from the band U2 (always bitchin about something), Kim Bassinger and Alicia Silverstone being spokespeople for PITA telling us to stop killing and eating animals. This list goes on and on and I personally think they should stick with their cozy professions and stop stepping up to the podium to spew their damn views, whether I agree with them or not. I'll go see an actress/actor or music star for their talent (I use this term loosely) in what they do, not for their efin opinions. Yes Jane had the right to protest, thats what we're all about, but what makes her/them think because of who they are we should stop and listen. I think she crossed that line over there and should pay the price for it for the rest of her life. Pop Culture is destroying our way of life right before our eyes, see it every second of the day. Most folks today can easily name 43 stars but couldn't name 10 presidents, sad sad sad Now I need to go fishin.
outfished is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 03:23 PM   #17
chris L

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishweewee
I'm not wearing any underwear right now. So yes, in a manner of speaking, yes, we are free.
NO YOUR JEWELS ARE FREE and thats more info than I needed to hear .

did you know roaches are free
Old 04-21-2005, 03:30 PM   #18
fishweewee

Angry

Did I just gross Mr. Lane out?
Old 04-21-2005, 03:36 PM   #19
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
NO YOUR JEWELS ARE FREE

Ahhh, but are they truly free. If you're sitting naked in front of your PC in a Vinyl Chair on a hot summer's day.....and then you go to get up........are they really and truly free???

...and not to mention if you're married.....that's a whole other concept of lost freedom

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote