Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2020, 06:40 AM   #11
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Most people didn't want Trump to be the nominee, which is why he didn't get anywhere near 50% of the votes in the primaries. Problem is, there were 100 people running who weren't Trump.

Now? No one had any idea he'd be this effective. Heck he didn't even campaign on progress in the middle east, and he's done more in a term than Biden has done in 47 years.

Tax cuts, insanely low unemployment, brought ISIS to their knees, stock market records, no questionable wars, raises for vets and improvements to their benefits, school choice, criminal justice reform, lowest minority unemployment ever, improved funding for black colleges, economic opportunity zones, and we became energy independent. And agree with him or not, he's the most pro-life president by far, of my lifetime.

Yeah, why would any Republican get behind a guy who did that in one term? What a do-nothing slacker! You sure showed me with that post, GS.
To follow up on this three year view you seem to have, you can’t judge an administration on one, two or three years; it’s a four year term remember. So tax cuts that may have helped some have been spent to survive. We now have the highest unemployment and worse economy since the Great Depression. Vets expressing their disgust of numerous comments by Trump not sure he is viewed as positively by veterans as you think. Schools for the most part are closed and many if opened are closing again due to covid outbreaks. Report cards are for the entire term Jim, so grades aren’t passing, in fact they are failing grades but keep waving your Trump 2020 flag.