Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-18-2020, 12:44 PM   #1
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
ask the democrats in the small
states if they want to do away with the electoral college, I’d sincerely be curious to know what they think.

wasn’t that long ago, when democratic presidential
candidates did just fine within the electoral college. the people in flyover country didn’t tell the DNC to march a million miles to the left, embracing late term abortions, open borders, student loan forgiveness, single payer healthcare, hating religion, reparations, green new deals, defunding the police, court stacking, etc...

if you want to embrace positions that people don’t like, there will be consequences. i hate to be the one to tell you.

They didn’t force Hilary to refer to them as deplorable and irredeemable. She put that in. scripted remark, it’s on her if people
didn’t like it.

here’s a shocking idea...since those people are americans too, maybe the dnc could adopt policies that are a bit more palatable to them.

Bill Clinton knew how to be everyone’s president. a good lesson for democrats and republicans alike.

the democrats will eventually run out of minorities to check off, and at some point they’ll have to nominate someone who will run on their policies, not their skin tone or genitalia.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I guess Republicans will never be short of white grievance race baiting lying candidates with guys like you supporting them with out question

And Why do conservatives see everything in absolute terms . They do it all the time .. wanting back ground checks is taking fire arms. Supporting a women’s right to choose , don’t respect life , against discrimination, is attacking religion

Talking about adjusting the electoral college or senate allotment , is seen as removing it

Is that all conservatives can to is lie as a counter argument. It’s beyond old

Last edited by wdmso; 11-18-2020 at 12:54 PM..
Old 11-18-2020, 01:11 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I guess Republicans will never be short of white grievance race baiting lying candidates with guys like you supporting them with out question

And Why do conservatives see everything in absolute terms . They do it all the time .. wanting back ground checks is taking fire arms. Supporting a women’s right to choose , don’t respect life , against discrimination, is attacking religion

Talking about adjusting the electoral college or senate allotment , is seen as removing it

oh republicans are the race baiters? republicans are the ones who make an issue out of race. that’s what you’re saying?

i agree with you on background checks.

adjust the electoral college all you want, but it needs to be done by constitutional amendment, which means a large majority of the states need to agree to it. ain’t gonna happen. so again, the better strategy for democrats would be to abandon san francisco liberalism, and work with people
in the midwest instead of endlessly mocking them.
Old 11-18-2020, 01:14 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

no one is saying that opposing discrimination is attacking religion. what are you responding to?

Not allowing people to disagree with gay marriage for religious reasons, is absolutely attacking religion.

put it this way. when obama was president, a distribution company in michigan transported a lot of alcohol. their
muslim truck drivers refused to transport alcohol for religious reasons, and they were fired.

Obama’s labor department sued on their behalf and won. the obama
administration said that people
cannot be forced to abandon their religious beliefs while at work.

now, if that applies to muslim truck drivers, why doesn’t it apply to christian briers or christian photographers?

Answer - discrimination.
Old 11-18-2020, 10:21 AM   #4
Jim in CT

yes pete, america could not have survived a second term. that’s why we were doing so poorly before the pandemic. how could we have handled four more years of that kind of peace and prosperity?
Old 11-18-2020, 12:16 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
yes pete, america could not have survived a second term. that’s why we were doing so poorly before the pandemic. how could we have handled four more years of that kind of peace and prosperity?
250K dead
11.4M cases
11M unemployed
A divided country

You’ve got John Cornyn saying

“It’s the president’s prerogative, but I think it just adds to the confusion and chaos and I’m sure I’m not the only one that would like some return to a little bit more of a—I don’t even know what’s normal anymore”

You think he’s doing a great job and want more?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-18-2020, 11:58 AM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Let’s speak frankly about the Republican position in the wake of this election: It is that the votes of black people are presumptively not legal votes.

It really is that simple.
Old 12-12-2020, 10:15 PM   #7
RickBomba

Wow, you conspiracy theorists must have been pissed. It’s ok. 9th District of NY will sap all of the Fat Man’s funds relatively quickly.