Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-26-2016, 04:34 PM   #1
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I don't believe the legality of the server is not being investigated as the DOJ has already chimed in on this. The FBI is more broadly investigating if any classified information was mishandled by the last 5 Secretaries including Clinton.
Still avoiding the stupid, incompetent issue.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:35 AM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Still avoiding the stupid, incompetent issue.
I think that's long since been addressed.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:30 PM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
I think that's long since been addressed.
Yup, and Hillary has been found to be incompetent.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:40 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
And yet as unlikeable as she is, the GOP is on the verge of nominating someone who would not only hand her the Presidency, he might well give Congress back to them, too. There are a lot more GOP senate seats up for re-election that Democrat (twice as many, I think). Trump will galvanize Democrats, and keep conservatives home. Incredible.

The Democrats are begging us to take the Oval Office by going with her, and we are saying "no, thanks, and you can keep Congress, too".

Sigh.

I hear Paraguay is pretty nice.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:49 PM   #5
spence

Quote:
Well, at least your not stretching
Old 01-27-2016, 07:11 PM   #6
detbuch

Quote:
Well, at least your not stretching
Why on earth would I imitate your style?

You will find that I was spot on if you would do the search. Of course, knowing how you wander off topic into your own version of the context, the search would only confirm your own perspective. Which would just turn up apples instead of oranges.

Besides, this has long since been addressed.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:05 AM   #7
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:

"Stupid is what stupid does."

Oh, and she changed her tune again, yesterday I saw where she said,
I did nothing wrong, where several weeks ago she apologized. Unstable at the least.

" Choose Life "
Old 01-30-2016, 04:48 AM   #8
scottw

oh my!?!@...must be a Friday

The State Department is refusing to release another seven e-mail chains comprising 37 pages of correspondence, with one intelligence official telling Fox News the messages are “too damaging” to make public under any circumstances. Intelligence sources said they were concerned copies of the e-mails may exist elsewhere, and even a partial release could allow those actors to identify “special access programs,” intelligence that exists at a level of classification above “top secret.” It’s a reversal for the State Department, who for months argued against the intelligence community’s assessment that at least 2 of Clinton’s e-mails contained highly classified information. Now the number has ballooned to 22, and the State Department refuses to challenge the intelligence community’s assessment.

January 29 at 9:22 PM
The State Department acknowledged for the first time Friday that “top secret” information has been found in emails that passed through the private email server Hillary Clinton used while leading the agency, elevating the issue in the presidential campaign three days before the hotly contested Iowa caucuses.

The State Department’s conclusion came as it has worked to process 55,000 pages of Clinton’s correspondence for public release, including about 1,000 pages that were released Friday night. Clinton has said that she deleted 31,000 additional emails in 2014, deeming them purely personal.

The State Department has been under a court order to release the documents in batches, once a month, as part of a lawsuit filed by reporter Jason Leopold of Vice News, who sued after the department failed to respond promptly to his request for the public documents.

A judge had ordered the department to release all of the emails by the end of January, but attorneys for the department said this week that they would miss the deadline, (we know how this administration treats redlines and deadlines)and requested another month.

That means the last of Clinton’s emails will not be released until the end of February — after the Iowa caucuses and the New Hampshire primary — and just before Super Tuesday, when voters in 11 states will cast ballots.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tary-of-state/

Last edited by scottw; 01-30-2016 at 06:25 AM..