Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-24-2019, 10:24 AM   #1
Jim in CT

cool timeline pete. i didnt for a huge cut and paste. i asked if you thought anything looked suspicious.

of all the corrupt and tyrannical officials in the world, the one biden brags about getting fired , is a ukranian prosecutor who no one has ever heard of, and who was possibly about to question biden’s son.

what are YOUR thoughts in that. i’m not asking you to paste a 10,000 word essay by Rachael Maddow.

Biden is done. he had the best chance by far to beat trump, and he’s done.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-24-2019, 11:04 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
cool timeline pete. i didnt for a huge cut and paste. i asked if you thought anything looked suspicious.

of all the corrupt and tyrannical officials in the world, the one biden brags about getting fired , is a ukranian prosecutor who no one has ever heard of, and who was possibly about to question biden’s son.

what are YOUR thoughts in that. i’m not asking you to paste a 10,000 word essay by Rachael Maddow.

Biden is done. he had the best chance by far to beat trump, and he’s done.
You think that Biden bragged in public that he got rid of a corrupt prosecutor whom they replaced with another, so that his son would not be prosecuted.
I think he claimed too much credit for it, it was the decision of the US and the European community as a group that made that happen. In those days it was not America Alone.

Here's a more detailed timeline, also not from Rachel Maddow.
https://www.justsecurity.org/66271/t...d-ukrainegate/

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-24-2019, 11:40 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You think that Biden bragged in public that he got rid of a corrupt prosecutor whom they replaced with another, so that his son would not be prosecuted.
I think he claimed too much credit for it, it was the decision of the US and the European community as a group that made that happen. In those days it was not America Alone.

Here's a more detailed timeline, also not from Rachel Maddow.
for the second time, pete...of all the evil and corrupt government officials in the world, why did Biden pick this guy, who no one ever heard of, to get rid of? it’s a coincidence and nothing more, that the guy might have been investigating Hunter?

there were no bigger threats to world peace and stability, than a prosecutor in the Ukraine?

Old 09-24-2019, 11:46 AM   #4
spence

Quote:
for the second time, pete...of all the evil and corrupt government officials in the world, why did Biden pick this guy, who no one ever heard of, to get rid of? it’s a coincidence and nothing more, that the guy might have been investigating Hunter?

there were no bigger threats to world peace and stability, than a prosecutor in the Ukraine?
So I guess you missed the part about the Ukrainian revolution kicking out the Russian puppet and installing a pro European government in 2014? Many countries including the US wanted to support Ukraine's new path but endemic corruption made that risky, hence why most of the democratic world wanted Ukraine's top prosecutor out because he was part of the problem.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:50 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
So I guess you missed the part about the Ukrainian revolution kicking out the Russian puppet and installing a pro European government in 2014? Many countries including the US wanted to support Ukraine's new path but endemic corruption made that risky, hence why most of the democratic world wanted Ukraine's top prosecutor out because he was part of the problem.
ok. what specifically did the prosecutor do, that made it reasonable for the executive branch of the US government, to force the ukrainians to fire him?

we give aid to countries led
by murderers. we don’t threaten to withhold aid to pakistan, even though they jailed the doctor who helped us get Bin Laden.

this guy was worse? please explain...i can’t wait.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:55 AM   #6
detbuch

Quote:
Why wasn't the wonderful Ukrainian revolution not interested in ousting its top prosecutor and being just a puppet, not of the Russians, but of "most of the democratic world" until it was warned that if it did not want to be a puppet it would not get a big loan from the US?
Old 09-24-2019, 12:27 PM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

You complain when I cut and paste, but are incapable of clicking on a link and reading for yourself.

Click and you'll find out what our ambassador, UK, IMF and G7 said about the prosecutor you never heard of. A one sentence answer cannot do six years of history justice, though it works great to incite the uninformed.

Ukraine had played a key role in Russia's success long before President Vladimir Putin rose to power. Ukraine's fertile black-earth farmland had long been a key Russian breadbasket, while the Donbas region is a major locus of heavy industry and mineral reserves. Its Black Sea ports, particularly in Crimea, are crucial to the Russian navy.

Watch now as Russia gets Donbas and sanctions removed, Zelensky sells out his country to get aid from the US and Trump gets manufactured dirt on Biden. Putin's puppet at work.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-24-2019, 11:09 AM   #8
spence

Quote:
I think the worst you could say is there was a potential conflict of interest. That being said, I've not seen one shred of evidence that there actually was one nor anything to support the conspiracy theories put forth by Rudy and Trump.

I don't know why you think Biden is done, if anything the odds of impeachment just went way up.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:37 AM   #9
scottw

Quote:

if anything the odds of impeachment just went way up.
man I hope so!
Old 09-24-2019, 01:28 PM   #10
Sea Dangles

Quote:
I think the worst you could say is there was a potential conflict of interest. That being said, I've not seen one shred of evidence that there actually was one nor anything to support the conspiracy theories put forth by Rudy and Trump.

I don't know why you think Biden is done, if anything the odds of impeachment just went way up.
Jeff,is this the code red you speak of? Any predictions?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 09-24-2019, 02:03 PM   #11
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Jeff,is this the code red you speak of? Any predictions?
If this story doesn't change direction and quick it very well could be. Looks like the whistle blower might testify this week.
Old 09-24-2019, 02:09 PM   #12
Sea Dangles

Quote:
If this story doesn't change direction and quick it very well could be. Looks like the whistle blower might testify this week.
Yes or no snowflake

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 09-24-2019, 02:18 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
the whistle blower
who didn’t even hear the conversation, but heard someone else describe the conversation?
Old 09-24-2019, 02:26 PM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
the whistle blower
who didn’t even hear the conversation, but heard someone else describe the conversation?
How do you know that?

Asking for Fudgie the Whale

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-24-2019, 02:29 PM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
How do you know that?

Asking for Fudgie the Whale
you can google it. it’s being reported that the whistleblower didn’t hear the call firsthand.

but as we see with kavanaugh, hearsay is sufficient to punish conservatives

trump also said he’s release the transcript of the call.