Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-24-2022, 08:51 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Russian TV is now showing Trump’s praise of Putin to justify their invasion.

Because if only the Stable Genius had won no Ukrainians would have died, Trump would have told them they’d be much better off with a strong leader like Putin

Today doesn't feel like it's gone as Putin wanted:

* Ukrainian defence stronger than expected.
* Massive US/EU/UK sanctions for all major banks
* Stockmarket down 40%
* Protests across Russia (despite thousands of arrests)
* Finnish MPs pushing to join NATO
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Biden’s approval will
skyrocket. Even more when fuel costs plummet.
Old 02-24-2022, 09:09 PM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Biden’s approval will
It’s always about money with you.

You should join your hero at Mar a Lago, you could both praise Putin over the great deal he got.

I’m confident you will disapprove of the protests across 53 russian cities, more than 1700 people detained tonight. the regime did not bother with counter-protests. I wonder if Putin underestimated just how unpopular this would be.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-25-2022, 10:06 AM   #3
wdmso

Quote:
Biden’s approval will
Jim you seem to want a leader that leads for His Poll Numbers
which is about every Republican who wants to run in 2024

Bidens not that leader He'll rip the band Aid off He tells the American people the Truth and Fuk the polls .. Doing what's right is Hard

Even Before this russian invasion. Republicans started their PlayBook

1. call your POTUS weak (they want bombs and boots on the ground they won't say aloud! and that's why Trump and his cult love Putin he's a mans mans )

2. Call the Info coming out of the white house a Hoax

3. then move to calling it Fear mongering

4. then call it wagging the dog

5. Putin does what the white house says they were going to do and they go back to weak yet offering no plan themselves

6 Conservatives blame Biden for the invasion while Trump and his inner circle heap praise on Putin

6. Next they will shift back to gas prices screaming Biden is Sanctioning Americans

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-threat-2022-2

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-p...ican-response/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nichola...h=2dde72778cf9

Trump and his supporters praise Putin and dismiss Biden as crisis unfolds
A vocal group of right-leaning figures admires the Russian president for what they depict as his strength and shrewdness, while disdaining a U.S. president they dismiss as weak

a faction made up of conservative Republicans, supporters of former president Donald Trump and conservative media figures says Putin should be left alone, or even congratulated, by Americans.

Trump complimented Putin on Tuesday, saying it was a “smart move” by the Russian president to send “the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen” to the Ukraine border.

Poll: As Ukraine tensions escalate, 62% of Republicans say Putin is a 'stronger leader' than Biden

With at least 100,000 Russian troops massing on the border of Ukraine, more than 6 in 10 Republicans and GOP-leaning independents (62 percent) now say Russian President Vladimir Putin is “a stronger leader” than Joe Biden, according to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll.

Fewer than half as many Republicans (25 percent) decline to take sides, saying neither leader is stronger than the other.

And just 4 percent of Republicans say Biden is stronger than Putin.

it may not be the All the leadership Buts its seem to be the party as a whole ... Like I have been saying
Old 02-25-2022, 02:07 AM   #4
scottw

Quote:

Biden has completely outsmarted Putin.

is spence really posting as pete now? ...
Old 02-25-2022, 06:06 AM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

By the time this invasion is over the only two places to which Putin will ever again receive an invitation are The Hague and Mar-a-Lago.
Old 02-25-2022, 08:12 AM   #6
Nebe

I’ll agree that I was wrong about threatening to invade in hopes of pipeline approval. But I’m still convinced that the pipeline was a serious play in this game. For example, Pakistan is sending someone to Moscow right now to discuss a pipeline. Wars are always about natural resources and the excuse of ancestral lands or what ever are made but it’s all about the money.

Last edited by Nebe; 02-25-2022 at 08:54 AM..
Old 02-25-2022, 09:07 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I’ll agree that I was wrong about threatening to invade in hopes of pipeline approval. But I’m still convinced that the pipeline was a serious play in this game. For example, Pakistan is sending someone to Moscow right now to discuss a pipeline. Wars are always about natural resources and the excuse of ancestral lands or what ever are made but it’s all about the money.
I also thought he was bluffing to get the west to never let Ukraine into NATO.

But wasn't the pipeline already approved and underway, before he invaded? The one that Germany put a halt to after he invaded?
Old 02-25-2022, 09:31 AM   #8
Nebe

Quote:
I also thought he was bluffing to get the west to never let Ukraine into NATO.

But wasn't the pipeline already approved and underway, before he invaded? The one that Germany put a halt to after he invaded?
Nordstram 2 is fully completed and was just waiting for formal approval.
The game oil companies play now is the build it first and then get aproval. ETP pulled this with the Dapl pipeline as well which by the way I believe a lot of the anonymous $$ sent to fund the protestors came from Russia
Old 02-25-2022, 10:04 AM   #9
scottw

Quote:
Nordstram 2 is fully completed and was just waiting for formal approval.
The game oil companies play now is the build it first and then get aproval. ETP pulled this with the Dapl pipeline as well which by the way I believe a lot of the anonymous $$ sent to fund the protestors came from Russia
so you are maintaining he invaded Ukraine to get the completed pipeline unapproved so he could retreat in order to get it approved?
Old 02-25-2022, 10:21 AM   #10
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:

The NS2 pipeline is a serious play on many levels:

It allowed RUS to gain massive influence, particularly on Germany, by having German Pols. Former Kanzeller Gerhardt Schröder was instrumental, and paid by Gazprom, to help push NS2 thru implementation. So much so that 3 weeks ago we was put on the board of Gazprom. Think Gazprom didn't know Putin was doing all this? Hahaha.

NS1 and NS2 would allow the European Greens, particularly Germans, to ween off destructive coal and dangerous Nuclear and use friendly RUS NatGas until they got enough solar panels that would run off moonlight. In the process they made Germany dependent on RUS, and introduce additional fractures into NATO.

This has also allowed RUS to hinder Germany's massive economy from being a primary positive member of NATO.

Remember, evil Trump had been cajoling Europe to move up to 2% of GDP FOR THEIR OWN DEFENSE. Eastern Europe has been begging for FR/DE to step up (France has, a little).

Instead, Vlad made it easy for Germany to not step up by providing security (wink) assurances and a bared teat of Natgas.

Jesus, this is like half of everything I have been saying on here for the past #^&#^&#^&#^&ing 10 years has come true - hope the other half doesn't.

Obviously there is massive amounts of leverage that VP has on Europe, for years using Natgas in winter to apply leverage on UA, Eastern Europe and a hint on Germany. In preparation for these events, for leverage, they reduced flows of gas so the reserves IN EUROPE would be minimum oncve the invasion started.

So yes, Eben, the Pipeline is a serious play in all of this, for Vlad.

This Play is NOT about natural resources. Natural Resources are a character in the Play.

The goal is to prevent a large, increasingly successful, European aligned Slavic Country from experiencing a working Democracy on Russia's doorstep, proving the Russian Autocracy a failure.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 02-25-2022, 10:52 AM   #11
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

Obviously there is massive amounts of leverage that VP has on Europe, for years using Natgas in winter to apply leverage on UA, Eastern Europe and a hint on Germany. In preparation for these events, for leverage, they reduced flows of gas so the reserves IN EUROPE would be minimum once the invasion started.
I think China was keeping busy yesterday....it's all about opportunity for the bad guys

Biden: OPEC And Russia Must Pump More Oil To Help America's Working Class
Editor OilPrice.com
November 1, 2021
Old 02-25-2022, 10:19 AM   #12
wdmso

I tried to see Trump's Letter on his website
Guess what I found The page you requested could not be found.
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com

Full Trump statement. Does not include condemnation of aggression, call for sanctions, or other consequences
Read attachment
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NINTCHDBPICT000713913780.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	68756  
Old 02-25-2022, 11:58 AM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

No doubt the guy who tried to extort the Ukrainian president by withholding vital military aid and peddled Russian propaganda in the process would have stood up to Putin and prevented this war.

Putin didn’t need war to try to destabilize the West because he had Trump to do it.
Old 02-25-2022, 12:08 PM   #14
detbuch

Quote:
No doubt the guy who tried to extort the Ukrainian president by withholding vital military aid and peddled Russian propaganda in the process would have stood up to Putin and prevented this war.

Putin didn’t need war to try to destabilize the West because he had Trump to do it.
The Ukrainian President said he was not extorted, the military aid was given withing the allowed time period, and the West has been gradually destabilizing itself well before Trump. Trump tried to put a little muscle back into NATO which prompted the lie that he weakened NATO.

You're a critical theory type liar who willfully uses any means, including repeated bald-faced lies, to defeat who you oppose.
Old 02-25-2022, 12:10 PM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

For a moment, just contemplate the difference in moral character between the two men on the so-called "perfect" phone call.
Old 02-25-2022, 12:12 PM   #16
detbuch

Quote:
For a moment, just contemplate the difference in moral character between the two men on the so-called "perfect" phone call.
Contemplating your moral character is easier as you display a constant lack of it.
Old 02-25-2022, 12:16 PM   #17
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Contemplating your moral character is easier as you display a constant lack of it.
Sure, tankie

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-25-2022, 01:36 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
For a moment, tell me why moral character matters much.

Bill Clinton was of low moral character, George W Bush is of good moral character. Does that mean you'd say Bush was superior as president?

What matters, is effectiveness.
Old 02-25-2022, 12:11 PM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump impeached after freezing $400 million in military aid to Ukraine during "perfect" phone call.
Trump says Ukraine crisis would not have happened if he were still president.
Trump said Crimea is part of Russia, not Ukraine.
Trump praised Putin actions as "genius" and "savvy."
Old 02-25-2022, 12:19 PM   #20
detbuch

Quote:
Trump impeached after freezing $400 million in military aid to Ukraine during "perfect" phone call.
Trump has said a lot of things, many of which you won't quote because they don't fit your one-dimensional portrayal of him. And many of which you twist into the pretzel of disinformation you wish to feed us.

Trump is not the President. Biden is. The Democrats have control of all three branches.
Old 02-25-2022, 12:33 PM   #21
scottw

pete seems extraordinarily bitter...
Old 02-25-2022, 12:35 PM   #22
JohnR

Quote:
And yet Russian tanks are on the outskirts of Kiev.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 02-25-2022, 12:47 PM   #23
Jim in CT

you’d never know Biden won the election, based on how much time the liberals dedicate to bashing trump.
Old 02-25-2022, 01:05 PM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
you’d never know Biden won the election, based on how much time the liberals dedicate to bashing trump.
"This is genius. Bin Laden takes down these buildings with a couple of planes. How smart is that? That's pretty savvy.

"Bin Laden liked me. I liked him. Had I been in office, this wouldn't have happened."

— What former president Clinton did not say on Sept. 11, 2001

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-25-2022, 01:38 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
He was probably on Epstein's private island at the time doing god knows what.

Bill Clinton is a disgusting person. When the american bar association says you're unfit to associate with lawyers, that's saying something. He's a deeply corrupt scumbag. .

But he was a very good potus.
Old 02-25-2022, 02:06 PM   #26
detbuch

Quote:
"This is genius. Bin Laden takes down these buildings with a couple of planes. How smart is that? That's pretty savvy.

"Bin Laden liked me. I liked him. Had I been in office, this wouldn't have happened."

More of you're critical theory type trickery. You post something that notorious anti-Trump George Conway tweeted, but you don't mention the source. You do insert the quotation marks, but Conway already put them there in his tweet. Conway was never all that meticulously truthful in the things he said about Trump. And I couldn't find with a quick search the words he seems to attribute to Trump actually being said by Trump. Conway's Tweet sounds like something he made up then followed by saying that Clinton never said it. OK . . . so what?

Trump did sort of say the "that's pretty savvy" bit in a radio interview. He said that about Putin's method and rhetoric in the invasion of Ukraine. And he mentioned Putin's framing his invasion as peace-keeping. “How smart is that? And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s strongest peace force… We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re gonna keep peace all right. No . . . Here’s a guy who’s very savvy" It was typical Trump sarcasm. He said that the invasion was a disaster. He was mocking the notion that Putin was merely "peace-keeping."

Last edited by detbuch; 02-25-2022 at 02:23 PM..
Old 02-25-2022, 03:59 PM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
More of you're critical theory type trickery. You post something that notorious anti-Trump George Conway tweeted, but you don't mention the source. You do insert the quotation marks, but Conway already put them there in his tweet. Conway was never all that meticulously truthful in the things he said about Trump. And I couldn't find with a quick search the words he seems to attribute to Trump actually being said by Trump. Conway's Tweet sounds like something he made up then followed by saying that Clinton never said it. OK . . . so what?

Trump did sort of say the "that's pretty savvy" bit in a radio interview. He said that about Putin's method and rhetoric in the invasion of Ukraine. And he mentioned Putin's framing his invasion as peace-keeping. “How smart is that? And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s strongest peace force… We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re gonna keep peace all right. No . . . Here’s a guy who’s very savvy" It was typical Trump sarcasm. He said that the invasion was a disaster. He was mocking the notion that Putin was merely "peace-keeping."
GFY
Trump and his controller and their minions are responsible for this
Just how did Manaforts debts to Derispaska get forgiven?
Who has funded Trump?
What were the Republican senators doing in Moscow on July 4th?
Remember as the sign flying behind the plane said today
Putin welcomes CPAC to Orlando

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-25-2022, 04:07 PM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
GFY

By Jiminy, THAT'S good enough for me! Because everything pulled behind a plane, MUST be true!
Old 02-25-2022, 04:46 PM   #29
detbuch

Quote:
GFY
Who has funded Trump?
Don't know what this debatable, unresolved, speculative, insinuation has to do with Conway's phony tweet. You seem to be struggling for some way to blame everything bad on Trump, and somehow make Biden a glittering arch-angel of good and justice.

You might be more successful if you quit resorting to deception.
Old 02-25-2022, 05:29 PM   #30
JohnR

Quote:
GFY
Who has funded Trump?

You are off your rocker if you think this is Trump's fault. I wish he did more and fvcked up less, I wish he wasn't an a$$hole, I wish Obama did more, I wish Congress did more. I don't want Biden to do anymore. For you to blame this on Trump is a shining example your uberpartisanship.

Apocalypse is Coming: