Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-25-2022, 08:12 AM   #1
Nebe

I’ll agree that I was wrong about threatening to invade in hopes of pipeline approval. But I’m still convinced that the pipeline was a serious play in this game. For example, Pakistan is sending someone to Moscow right now to discuss a pipeline. Wars are always about natural resources and the excuse of ancestral lands or what ever are made but it’s all about the money.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Nebe; 02-25-2022 at 08:54 AM..
Old 02-25-2022, 09:07 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I’ll agree that I was wrong about threatening to invade in hopes of pipeline approval. But I’m still convinced that the pipeline was a serious play in this game. For example, Pakistan is sending someone to Moscow right now to discuss a pipeline. Wars are always about natural resources and the excuse of ancestral lands or what ever are made but it’s all about the money.
I also thought he was bluffing to get the west to never let Ukraine into NATO.

But wasn't the pipeline already approved and underway, before he invaded? The one that Germany put a halt to after he invaded?
Old 02-25-2022, 09:31 AM   #3
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I also thought he was bluffing to get the west to never let Ukraine into NATO.

But wasn't the pipeline already approved and underway, before he invaded? The one that Germany put a halt to after he invaded?
Nordstram 2 is fully completed and was just waiting for formal approval.
The game oil companies play now is the build it first and then get aproval. ETP pulled this with the Dapl pipeline as well which by the way I believe a lot of the anonymous $$ sent to fund the protestors came from Russia
Old 02-25-2022, 10:04 AM   #4
scottw

Quote:
Nordstram 2 is fully completed and was just waiting for formal approval.
The game oil companies play now is the build it first and then get aproval. ETP pulled this with the Dapl pipeline as well which by the way I believe a lot of the anonymous $$ sent to fund the protestors came from Russia
so you are maintaining he invaded Ukraine to get the completed pipeline unapproved so he could retreat in order to get it approved?
Old 02-25-2022, 10:21 AM   #5
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:

The NS2 pipeline is a serious play on many levels:

It allowed RUS to gain massive influence, particularly on Germany, by having German Pols. Former Kanzeller Gerhardt Schröder was instrumental, and paid by Gazprom, to help push NS2 thru implementation. So much so that 3 weeks ago we was put on the board of Gazprom. Think Gazprom didn't know Putin was doing all this? Hahaha.

NS1 and NS2 would allow the European Greens, particularly Germans, to ween off destructive coal and dangerous Nuclear and use friendly RUS NatGas until they got enough solar panels that would run off moonlight. In the process they made Germany dependent on RUS, and introduce additional fractures into NATO.

This has also allowed RUS to hinder Germany's massive economy from being a primary positive member of NATO.

Remember, evil Trump had been cajoling Europe to move up to 2% of GDP FOR THEIR OWN DEFENSE. Eastern Europe has been begging for FR/DE to step up (France has, a little).

Instead, Vlad made it easy for Germany to not step up by providing security (wink) assurances and a bared teat of Natgas.

Jesus, this is like half of everything I have been saying on here for the past #^&#^&#^&#^&ing 10 years has come true - hope the other half doesn't.

Obviously there is massive amounts of leverage that VP has on Europe, for years using Natgas in winter to apply leverage on UA, Eastern Europe and a hint on Germany. In preparation for these events, for leverage, they reduced flows of gas so the reserves IN EUROPE would be minimum oncve the invasion started.

So yes, Eben, the Pipeline is a serious play in all of this, for Vlad.

This Play is NOT about natural resources. Natural Resources are a character in the Play.

The goal is to prevent a large, increasingly successful, European aligned Slavic Country from experiencing a working Democracy on Russia's doorstep, proving the Russian Autocracy a failure.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 02-25-2022, 10:52 AM   #6
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

Obviously there is massive amounts of leverage that VP has on Europe, for years using Natgas in winter to apply leverage on UA, Eastern Europe and a hint on Germany. In preparation for these events, for leverage, they reduced flows of gas so the reserves IN EUROPE would be minimum once the invasion started.
I think China was keeping busy yesterday....it's all about opportunity for the bad guys

Biden: OPEC And Russia Must Pump More Oil To Help America's Working Class
Editor OilPrice.com
November 1, 2021
Old 02-25-2022, 11:05 AM   #7
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I think China was keeping busy yesterday....it's all about opportunity for the bad guys

Biden: OPEC And Russia Must Pump More Oil To Help America's Working Class
Editor OilPrice.com
November 1, 2021

Look at what China and RUS have done with Corn, Fertilizer (potash), and Wheat contracts for the past few months. They are joined at the hip, this is a coordinated attack against the West.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 02-25-2022, 11:12 AM   #8
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

this is a coordinated attack against the West.
yup...