Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-26-2021, 03:42 PM   #1
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Even President Donald Trump said: "If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?".
But Trump is a liar.

So what do you think about what's going on in Ukraine?
Old 12-26-2021, 04:13 PM   #2
scottw

hope they got stress balls for Christmas....
Old 12-27-2021, 09:29 AM   #3
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
But Trump is a liar.

So what do you think about what's going on in Ukraine?
I made my case on Ukraine

Trump is a liar … ps who held up the Ukraine arms . That conservatives say the so desperately need .. to get dirt on Biden. Trump the liar

Putin saw his free Ukraine free pass disappear when Biden took office and the US mended or started to mend NATO after 4 years of Trump

Just read the headlines.

the sudden decision to remove 9,500 U.S. troops from Germany by September, a move that sent shockwaves through NATO.

Trump wanted to leave NATO

So now Putin is trying to exploit a fractured NATO before Biden can heal the wounds , But Iam sure that’s all fake news
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-27-2021, 10:55 AM   #4
detbuch

Quote:
I made my case on Ukraine

Trump is a liar … ps who held up the Ukraine arms . That conservatives say the so desperately need .. to get dirt on Biden. Trump the liar

Putin saw his free Ukraine free pass disappear when Biden took office and the US mended or started to mend NATO after 4 years of Trump

Just read the headlines.

the sudden decision to remove 9,500 U.S. troops from Germany by September, a move that sent shockwaves through NATO.

Trump wanted to leave NATO

So now Putin is trying to exploit a fractured NATO before Biden can heal the wounds , But Iam sure that’s all fake news
Actually, Trump sent more arms to NATO than Obama did, and he did not pull out of NATO, and he persuaded more NATO members to pony up the money they owed and so strengthened NATO. Putin had a free pass to invade and take Crimea under Obama and a weak NATO.

So, what's to stop Putin from invading Ukraine now.
Old 12-27-2021, 02:56 PM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
Actually, Trump sent more arms to NATO than Obama did, and he did not pull out of NATO, and he persuaded more NATO members to pony up the money they owed and so strengthened NATO. Putin had a free pass to invade and take Crimea under Obama and a weak NATO.

So, what's to stop Putin from invading Ukraine now.
So you think America and nato should have used force to stop Putin when he took Crimea? And should do so if they move on Ukraine ? For what benefit?

Also you think all Trump did to nato was make nato pay more?? To strengthen nato Thats funny he weakened Nato more in 4 years than any previous POTUS ..

Try searching how Trump weakened nato

All lies??
Old 12-27-2021, 03:29 PM   #6
detbuch

Quote:
So you think America and nato should have used force to stop Putin when he took Crimea? And should do so if they move on Ukraine ? For what benefit?

Also you think all Trump did to nato was make nato pay more?? To strengthen nato Thats funny he weakened Nato more in 4 years than any previous POTUS ..

Try searching how Trump weakened nato

All lies??
I didn't render an opinion on how Putin should have been stopped. I asked you "So, what's to stop Putin from invading Ukraine now"?

And opinions on NATO being weakened or strengthened during Trump's administration are prone to being politicized. Here's one for you that's more balanced and says NATO became stronger and it criticizes Trump but says that NATO was strengthened partially in spite of Trump and partially because of him:

http://turkishpolicy.com/article/965...d-the-alliance
Old 12-27-2021, 05:30 PM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
I didn't render an opinion on how Putin should have been stopped. I asked you "So, what's to stop Putin from invading Ukraine now"?

And opinions on NATO being weakened or strengthened during Trump's administration are prone to being politicized. Here's one for you that's more balanced and says NATO became stronger and it criticizes Trump but says that NATO was strengthened partially in spite of Trump and partially because of him:

http://turkishpolicy.com/article/965...d-the-alliance

Turkish Policy Quarterly is an Istanbul-based quarterly magazine
From 2018 From Turkeys no less
Not sue if you missed theses in the article

Paradoxically Trumps attacks on the alliance are actually strengthening the alliance defenders are coming out the woodwork especially in Congress. Jedi mind trick?

Or how about “ European confidence in American leadership has plunged during Trumps watch

So basically Trumps incompetent behavior and treatment towards NATO accidentally strengthens NATO LOL

The only person stopping Putin is Putin
Risk vs reward

only the Trump fan club think Trumps masculinity kept Putin out and Biden is weak
Old 12-27-2021, 07:09 PM   #8
detbuch

Quote:
Turkish Policy Quarterly is an Istanbul-based quarterly magazine
From 2018 From Turkeys no less

The writer of the article is Charles A. Kupchan a Professor of International Affairs at Georgetown University and Senior Fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations. Is that good enough for you?

Not sue if you missed theses in the article
Kupchan gave the "good" and the "bad." Overall, he said that NATO was strengthened during Trump, not weakened. And that, overall, Trump aided in the strengthening. As I said, his opinion is more balanced (as opposed to politically driven opinions).

Not sure if you also missed this: https://thehill.com/opinion/national...vigorated-nato

Last edited by detbuch; 12-27-2021 at 07:24 PM..
Old 12-28-2021, 05:50 AM   #9
scottw

Quote:

only the Trump fan club think Trumps masculinity kept Putin out and Biden is weak

iPhone/Mobile device[/i][/size]
so you are saying Russia annexed Crimea because they feared obama...they annexed/invaded nobody during the trump years because trump was a weak puppet of putin and now they are threatening to invade Ukraine because biden is a strong leader and they are terribly afraid...

makes sense to me
Old 12-28-2021, 05:53 AM   #10
scottw

Quote:

So basically Trumps incompetent behavior and treatment towards NATO accidentally strengthens NATO LOL

this is your bias screaming....HELP
Old 12-27-2021, 09:03 PM   #11
Nebe

There has been a lot of drama surrounding Russian Gas flowing into Western Europe and i wonder if Putin is going to use Ukraine as a bartering chip for pipeline approvals.

Just a hunch
Old 01-27-2022, 09:36 AM   #12
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
There has been a lot of drama surrounding Russian Gas flowing into Western Europe and i wonder if Putin is going to use Ukraine as a bartering chip for pipeline approvals.

Just a hunch
As i was saying……

Ukraine crisis: Nord Stream 2 pipeline could be axed https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60151839
Old 01-27-2022, 10:50 AM   #13
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
As i was saying……

Ukraine crisis: Nord Stream 2 pipeline could be axed https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60151839
Agreed that this is a huge chess piece, however Putin can play chicken with this pipeline, however, eventually they cant afford to shut it down. Russia is broke, and this is a big source of revenue for Putin visa vie the oligarchs.

Ukraine will also not be a popular war internally in Russia, but Putin may be too far in without backing out w/o saving face....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 01-27-2022, 11:11 AM   #14
scottw

^^^^awwww.....miss you guys
Old 01-27-2022, 05:34 PM   #15
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Agreed that this is a huge chess piece, however Putin can play chicken with this pipeline, however, eventually they cant afford to shut it down. Russia is broke, and this is a big source of revenue for Putin visa vie the oligarchs.

Ukraine will also not be a popular war internally in Russia, but Putin may be too far in without backing out w/o saving face....
It’s my hunch that what we will see is the pipeline magically aproved and then putin pulls his troops away from Ukraine.. but we shall see.