Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2022, 12:01 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

That wasn’t my position that’s the conservatives position then and now

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
yes it was your position yesterday. you said no one cared about crack, then oxy came along and white kids were dying and people cared. which means that non-white kids were predominantly the ones dying before.

I posted a study from the ACLU which clearly shows it was predominantly a black issue. is the ACLU wrong?

“drug use was a moral failure.”

drug use IS a moral failure. when you freely choose to take drugs for the first time, you’re being an unbelievable moron. everyone knows the dangers. becoming an addict is a disease that no one chooses. but every single person makes a free choice to use it the first time. and you deserve to be ridiculed for making such a profoundly stupid choice.

“you have no experience in addiction”.

except my brother being a raging alcoholic who has struggled
mightily his entire adult life, i’ve been to at least 30 AA meetings with him. and dragged him to rehab several times, paid his mortgage and heating bills God knows how many times, prayed for him god knows how many times, called his sponsors god knows how many times, cried like a baby for him god knows how many times.

Never once, did it ever occur to me, that i could help him by making it easier for him to drink.

Wayne, you struggle with simple and straightforward facts that are right in front of you. You’re wrong about what you yourself said yesterday! Stop trying to assume things about me. You stink at it.

“every past program to treat addiction has a great track record.”

how’s the track record for places that coddle and enable addicts? is that working in san francisco and portland?

Can you please, please address that question?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device