Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-22-2018, 08:49 PM   #1
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Trump's political skill is beyond measure, otherwise Hilary would be POTUS. The biggest jerk ever, beat (crushed) the most inevitable candidate ever.
He is good at inciting anger. He beat the most hated candidate ever. There are plenty of people here and all over america who would never vote for her no matter what. That is not political skill beyond measure. You are demonstrating your math skills again when you say he crushed her. 45 of 58 of presidential elections were won by larger margins in the electoral college (that is 77.6% were won by more; his victory is in the bottom 1/4 of all margins) and he lost the popular vote by 3 million.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 06-23-2018, 05:25 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
He is good at inciting anger. He beat the most hated candidate ever. There are plenty of people here and all over america who would never vote for her no matter what. That is not political skill beyond measure. You are demonstrating your math skills again when you say he crushed her. 45 of 58 of presidential elections were won by larger margins in the electoral college (that is 77.6% were won by more; his victory is in the bottom 1/4 of all margins) and he lost the popular vote by 3 million.
He’s good at angering the other side. You’re telling me that republicans are angrier than democrats? I’ll ask for the 25th time, when was the last time you saw a politically motivated riot, started by republicans? We don’t have much to be angry at at the moment, unless you live in the People’s Republic Of Connecticut.

And he crushed her, it wasn’t close. He didn’t win by a nose.

What’s on display is your inability to accept that which doesn’t serve your personal agenda.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-23-2018, 06:45 AM   #3
Nebe

Quote:
He’s good at angering the other side. You’re telling me that republicans are angrier than democrats? I’ll ask for the 25th time, when was the last time you saw a politically motivated riot, started by republicans? We don’t have much to be angry at at the moment, unless you live in the People’s Republic Of Connecticut.

And he crushed her, it wasn’t close. He didn’t win by a nose.

What’s on display is your inability to accept that which doesn’t serve your personal agenda.

he crushed her? She won the popular vote...
Old 06-23-2018, 07:30 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
he crushed her? She won the popular vote...
And according to the tally that actually matters, he clobbered her. He devised a campaign strategy around getting electoral votes. She, perhaps never having bothered to learn how a presidential election works, spent all her time in NYC and CA which she was going to win anyway. She spent almost no time in places like Wisconsin. Too many deplorables, I guess.

If the popular vote mattered a frog's fat ass, Trump would have campaigned differently, who knows how it would have tuned out. We cannot know. What we do know, is that as far as electoral math goes, it wasn't close.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:21 AM   #5
zimmy

Quote:
And according to the tally that actually matters, he clobbered her. .
Clobbered her by less than almost all other candidates clobbered there opponents. I guess if that makes you feel better...
If 0.6% of the vote in Florida and 0.35 % of the vote in pa flipped, she wins.

Last edited by zimmy; 06-23-2018 at 09:27 AM..

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 06-23-2018, 01:06 PM   #6
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Clobbered her by less than almost all other candidates clobbered there opponents. I guess if that makes you feel better...

This is where people opine "Only if she went to Wisconsin"

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-23-2018, 04:54 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
It. Wasn’t. Close.

“If” my aunt had wheels she’d be a tea cart.

And yes it does make me feel better.
Old 06-23-2018, 05:22 PM   #8
spence

Quote:
It. Wasn’t. Close.
But if it was, how would that make you feel?