View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 05:52 PM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Again, there wasn't a problem w/ them being there before so who cares if more enlist...as long as they are capable of doing the job, welcome aboard.

How does one "Act Gay"...more Show Tunes in the Barracks?....pinup posters of Judy Garland? Navy changes there song from Anchors Aweigh to In The Navy by the Village People?

I really don't think anything will change....
Dad, you're all over the place, and coming across as someone who won't admit he might be wrong.

First, you said no more would enlist. Now, you're saying who cares if more enlist, because they're already there.

You don't know what "act gay" means? Really? Under dadt, gays have to conceal the fact they are gay, and therefore, NO ONE KNOWS THEY ARE GAY. If you repeal dadt, then 2 generals could dance cheek to cheek at a military ball doing the tango, and tongue kiss, announcing their love to all the world.

If you repeal DADT, gays can come out, announce they are gay, and then, everyone knows they are gay.

If you don't see those 2 things as different (having to hide your gayness and being openly gay) we have nothing more to discuss. You keep dodging my points, and I keep re-stating them, and you keep dodging. It gets tiresome.