View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 02:36 PM   #372
WoodyCT

Thanks G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbskull View Post
Good morning. Gets later and later each week.

Woody, in my experience decent bass like big lazy slow spooks more than the splashy faster kind. Hard to make yourself work them slow, however, particularly when things are slow and you are searching (same issue arises with swimmers).

Got a big thrill out of F Pintauro's articles about Musso. 2 weeks ago Back Beach was telling me how the "Musso" eely was such a great lure for him at the Race years back. I told him the only eelys I knew of were the BM and Pichney (a style plug I fished years ago a bit but left me underwhelmed). Also they are forward weighted and don't look like fast water plugs to me, so I was surprised (and a little skeptical) they were a hot item at the Race. Accordingly my eyes popped out when lo and behold there is a picture of one in Frank's article. That and a Musso bottle darter, and some lipless swimmers.
Certainly got the juices flowing. Here are some prototypes (next to a copy of a musso pine sr).
I figured folks would like the Musso articles- I sure got a woodie from them. Those, along with the work you and Paul do have me chomping at the bit to get into the shop.

Tried today, but could not what I intended for the Penn State duplicator I received for Xmas isn't going to work out for me. I'd have to make 1/16" thick (THIN!) templates, thus involving metal work, or cut originals in half lengthwise in order to use it. NOT and NOT! Going to return it and buck up for the Vega.

Thinking about a little 1.5oz. Surface Torpedo, like the ones pictured in one article.

Keep up the inspiring work,
W
WoodyCT is offline   Reply With Quote