View Single Post
Old 10-21-2021, 08:42 AM   #10
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I think Trump, on balance, is an awful human being. Awful.

But a record-number of Americans polled in 2020, said they were better off after 4 years of his presidency. Never before had that many Americans said they were better off after 4 years of a president (Gallup does this poll every 4 years). Which is why I say that even though he's personally bad, the policies he advocated for, are things that Americans liked.

I would not want to live in a country where Trump was a dictator, for sure. Then he'd potentially be dangerous. In our country, with the checks and balances, he's not really metaphysically dangerous.

I don't recall Trump's justice department flagging people as domestic terrorists who express opinions at Board of Ed meetings. Bidens DOJ is doing that. That’s not dangerous?

I don't recall Trumps IRS being used as a club against people who disagree with his politics. Obama's IRS did that. That’s not dangerous?

I'll judge Trump, like I do everyone, based on everything they do. I don't ignore the good (if the potus is in the other party) or the bad (if the potus is in my party).

Nightfighter, was it a good thing Trump did, when he donated his jet (when the airlines refused to do so) to fly that kid across country?

Was that a kind act, yes or no?

Jim seem you missed Trump trying to overthrow a legitimate election. Via his justice department and any other department that would possibly help. But In your revisionists history everything’s equal
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device