View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 01:28 PM   #203
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
A history of Lies and hypocrisy make a difference to some people. To some people, it impacts the credibility of the liar & hypocrite.

If you're not insulted (and you aren't) that she deliberately appropriated the unfathomable misery your ancestors endured for her own personal gain, then please spare me your fake outrage at my remark. If you give her a pass for what she did (and we all know you do), my remark is nothing. Either it's wrong to exploit Native Americans, or it's OK. But you believe it's ok when liberals do it, and wrong when conservatives do it, and it doesn't work that way, sorry. You have to choose whether it's OK or not, and apply that standard to everyone, or else you don't actually have a principled position.
I actually am offended by your mocking her, as I am when Trump calls her Pocahontas. Generally speaking I don't think people should claim heritage unless they are quite sure (In my case I have a tribe ID) but I've never seen anything that she gained unfairly from it. Stupid but not earth shattering. The mortgage foreclosure thing also has been blown way out of proportion as well.