View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 07:15 AM   #53
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
About the tens of millions of faithful that didn’t vote for him. I am doubtful as to the validity of these numbers. Do you have a link?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Two points before I retreat back into Home School and Telework land.... >20 million (10's of millions ) of 'faithful' is reasonable.

1. Faithful does not mean religious, I am sure many are faithful (i.e. believe in a god without supporting a specific religion)

2. 65 million people voted against trump, 62 million for trump in 2016 total, 327 million total population, just for context.

There are 90-100 million Evangelicals (per google)
70 million Catholics
7.5 million Jews

So lets say 170 million total in these three categories.

If 60% of those voted, and 80% voted for Trump (likely lower for Jewish, and perhaps Catholic, as I saw an article where in 2020 only 35% were planning to vote for Trump and up to 54% were 'open to it') (170 *0.6 *0.2) = 20 million. That is not counting the faithful of other faiths and non-denominational.

If 50% of Catholics voted, and 60% voted for Trump (being conservative I think, might be lower), that is 14 million right there.....

Last edited by RIROCKHOUND; 04-01-2020 at 07:28 AM..

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"