Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 06:25 AM   #1
LINESIDES

Congrats to any one taking their two fish limit! And doing what ever they want to do with them. It's America you know! Being that some here also fish before and after the selling season, we release quite a few beauties back in to the system.
If we kept all the fish we were allowed to keep legally in the past, you would have a no fish to release today.We conserved in the past so you could enjoy what we have today. If a person wants to keep there two fish of a life time, so be it. I remember being chastised when I was young. It was my first big fish. It was 38 pounds. My biggest to that time was about 12 pounds. I was told at the tackle shop, actually yelled at, that in October "I" should be letting these fish go back south. This conservation person built this dynasty they have to day on the whole sale slaughter of stripers. You see they were the biggest commercial buyers in the area. Now that they wiped out the industry and made there millions they had become conservationlest. Get over it! We keep them because we can! My partner looks at the big fish and says, boy, I sure fooled you! I pick them up by ther jaw, "KISS" them on the fore head, look them all in there black eyes and say to them, be more carefull the next time! And I let them go back into the water. Its my choice to do this, however, its done after our leagal limit!
Peace to all!, Later, L

You are only as good as the person who’s driving the boat! By the way, the Devil drives my boat!
Closed Thread