Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-26-2022, 03:08 PM   #1
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
stop whining.....

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...ntrol-the-maps

As Democrats across the country blast aggressive Republican gerrymanders as a blatant threat to America’s democratic order, party leaders in two blue states are playing hardball with their own congressional district lines, finalizing plans that could shut Republicans entirely out of delegations to the U.S. House of Representatives.

Those states, Maryland and New Mexico, underscore the tension between a faction of Democrats who publicly support reforming the redistricting process and legislators who control blue states who are committing the same sort of gerrymanders the GOP has executed in other states.

“I don’t think it’s fair to say that they’re just responding to Republicans,” said Doug Spencer, an associate professor of law at the University of Colorado who runs the All About Redistricting website. “Despite all the rhetoric, they have shown themselves to be equally thirsty for power.”
Now you Sound like Jim with Everyone does it excuse

Scott get back to me when the feds or courts get involved i guess its not odd that these court cases seem to Always involve the GOP

it Must be this Latest Conservative Conspiracy

We have a two-tiered Justice System in America Liberals are above the law in America, and conservatives are under it.
Old 01-26-2022, 03:12 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Now you Sound like Jim with Everyone does it excuse

Scott get back to me when the feds or courts get involved i guess its not odd that these court cases seem to Always involve the GOP

it Must be this Latest Conservative Conspiracy

We have a two-tiered Justice System in America Liberals are above the law in America, and conservatives are under it.
why isn’t it valid when we point out that you constantly attack the gop for doing things, when democrats do the same things?

i’m curious.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-26-2022, 03:15 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Scott get back to me when the feds or courts get involved

it.
how about multiple
different courts striking down vaccine mandates? the courts got involved. did you ever once say that therefore Biden overstepped what the constitution allows?

Again, that’s a case where courts had to step in to protect our rights. You said to let you know when that happened

So, what say you?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device