Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-18-2023, 06:29 AM   #1
Jim in CT

a professional environmentalists take on Hunter Biden laptop

Michael Shellenberger is a journalist/activist for the environment and for homelessness. He was a registered democrat until last year, now he’s an independent. TIME magazine labeled him a “hero of the environment”. Not foxnews, but TIME.

In other words, He’s not Sean Hannity.

Musk gave him access to the Twitter files related to Hunters laptop. Here’s his take. It’s pretty obvious what happened here. There aren’t a lot of different conclusions one can arrive at. Shellenberger is a rare journalist who’s not blinded by ideology ( those exist on both sides), he goes where the truth takes him.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/elon...gs-learned-fbi

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-18-2023 at 07:05 AM..
Old 01-18-2023, 07:47 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

If it didn’t work the previous times why not try again, it worked with Hillary.

https://asharangappa.substack.com/p/...g-hunter-biden
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-18-2023, 08:20 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
If it didn’t work the previous times why not try again, it worked with Hillary.

https://asharangappa.substack.com/p/...g-hunter-biden
pete advocates for ignoring it. shocker.
Old 01-18-2023, 08:42 AM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Jim I hope you bought a round trip ticket on the crazy train. The crazy train forced McCarthy to terms and now the crazy train leaders comprise the house oversight committee, think about that for a minute. Some of the key people outside of Trumps inner legal team supporting the attempt to illegally reverse the will of the people are now driving the train.
Old 01-18-2023, 08:58 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Jim I hope you bought a round trip ticket on the crazy train. The crazy train forced McCarthy to terms and now the crazy train leaders comprise the house oversight committee, think about that for a minute. Some of the key people outside of Trumps inner legal team supporting the attempt to illegally reverse the will of the people are now driving the train.
full of insults, a tad short of facts.

GS, do yiu think the stuff on hunters laptop was planted there by russia?

so Michael Shellenberger is a lying, right wing nut. and we should believe that, simply because you say so.

Why did twitter and facebook come out and say it was a mistake to censor that story? why are so many liberal outlets now saying it was legit?

they’re all part of a fox news conspiracy? they’re all carrying water for Kevin McCarthy?

what’s your disagreement exactly, with what Shellenberger ( a lifelong democrat) wrote?

just because you don’t like it, does that mean it’s a lie?

i’m not a big McCarthybor Jim Jordan fan. But i’m talking about what Shellenberger wrote, but what those political
zealots are saying.

keep your fingers in your ears and your heads in the sand

we need committee leaders who are more fair, and less political. Like Nancy Pelosi and Adam
Schiff.
Old 01-18-2023, 10:40 AM   #6
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
full of insults, a tad short of facts.

GS, do yiu think the stuff on hunters laptop was planted there by russia?

so Michael Shellenberger is a lying, right wing nut. and we should believe that, simply because you say so.

Why did twitter and facebook come out and say it was a mistake to censor that story? why are so many liberal outlets now saying it was legit?

they’re all part of a fox news conspiracy? they’re all carrying water for Kevin McCarthy?

what’s your disagreement exactly, with what Shellenberger ( a lifelong democrat) wrote?

just because you don’t like it, does that mean it’s a lie?

i’m not a big McCarthybor Jim Jordan fan. But i’m talking about what Shellenberger wrote, but what those political
zealots are saying.

keep your fingers in your ears and your heads in the sand

we need committee leaders who are more fair, and less political. Like Nancy Pelosi and Adam
Schiff.
So musk allows only one person to cherry pick and you feel that’s enough evidence Jim? Investigating a crime scene after the neighborhood has walked thru it won’t hold up in court, which copy of the hard drive should we believe Jim? All aboard the crazy train is leaving the station.
Old 01-18-2023, 11:27 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
So musk allows only one person to cherry pick and you feel that’s enough evidence Jim? Investigating a crime scene after the neighborhood has walked thru it won’t hold up in court, which copy of the hard drive should we believe Jim? All aboard the crazy train is leaving the station.
no he allowed more than one person.

How do you know he cherry picked ?

again, you want us to believe something simply because you say it’s so. the guy who wrote this is a lifelong democrat.

you’re saying the laptop is contaminated, so we shouldn’t believe what’s on there. Where’d you get that? all the big outlets are now saying it’s legit.

desperate, pathetic, dishonest.

that’s why we need hearings. which you will ignore, because your kind is made up before you know anything.
Old 01-18-2023, 12:24 PM   #8
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
no he allowed more than one person.

How do you know he cherry picked ?

again, you want us to believe something simply because you say it’s so. the guy who wrote this is a lifelong democrat.

you’re saying the laptop is contaminated, so we shouldn’t believe what’s on there. Where’d you get that? all the big outlets are now saying it’s legit.

desperate, pathetic, dishonest.

that’s why we need hearings. which you will ignore, because your kind is made up before you know anything.
Trump was a life long democrat too Jim, how did that work out for our side?
Old 01-18-2023, 04:55 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
here, CBS says it’s real. You know more than CBS? CBS is in on the right wing setup?

https://nypost.com/2022/11/21/cbs-co...oke-story/amp/
Old 01-18-2023, 07:05 PM   #10
wdmso

Quote:
here, CBS says it’s real. You know more than CBS? CBS is in on the right wing setup?

https://nypost.com/2022/11/21/cbs-co...oke-story/amp/

Jim’s logic the laptop is real .so by default so is everything on it…

Yet no one knows what was on before Rudy got a hold of it
Old 01-18-2023, 10:23 AM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Joe and Hunter Biden should stop with all the crimes.
Oh wait that was Trump, his administration and his family.

Over 200 criminal indictments and so many more to come...
Old 01-18-2023, 03:06 PM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
Michael Shellenberger is a journalist/activist for the environment and for homelessness. He was a registered democrat until last year, now he’s an independent. TIME magazine labeled him a “hero of the environment”. Not foxnews, but TIME.

In other words, He’s not Sean Hannity.

Musk gave him access to the Twitter files related to Hunters laptop. Here’s his take. It’s pretty obvious what happened here. There aren’t a lot of different conclusions one can arrive at. Shellenberger is a rare journalist who’s not blinded by ideology ( those exist on both sides), he goes where the truth takes him.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/elon...gs-learned-fbi
It likely would have taken a few hours for the FBI to confirm that the laptop had belonged to Hunter Biden. Indeed, it only took a few days for the journalist Peter Schweizer to prove it. (See video from the tweet below.) And yet the FBI did nothing to investigate the many signs of criminal activity revealed by emails and other documents on the laptop.

And yet the FBI did nothing to investigate the many signs of criminal activity revealed by emails and other documents on the laptop.

Now I know why Jim and Fox News likes this guy he has no understanding of how justice works how evidence works

Based on this logic. I should be able to give the FBI a note and some paperwork I found and claimed
Jim had illegal business dealings a hooker on the side .which I thought were crimes

And the FBI should have taken all at face value and arrested and charged Jim. With my imaginary crimes the next day

But leave George Santos alone he did nothing wrong
Old 01-18-2023, 03:35 PM   #13
wdmso

Michael Shellenberger Interview With Tucker Carlson Seems he’s a favorite of Tuckers.

Some more How the radical Left turned America's cities into “slums” | Michael Shellenberger

Why renewables can’t save the planet | Michael Shellenberger

Shocking Jim would throw him out as some super liberal

Conservatives love their needle in a haystack
Old 01-18-2023, 09:39 PM   #14
detbuch

Quote:
Apparently you’re wrong

Almost Twice as Many Republicans Died From COVID Before the Midterms Than Democrats:

After vaccines were widely available—the Republican excess death rate rose to nearly double that of Democrats, and this gap widened further in the winter of 2021.

They really owned the libs
Nice joke about how many Dems vs Repubs died. I didn't know that they actually somehow checked what the party affiliation of every corpse was. Kind of ghoulish. Did they check their gender identification as well? Did the Cis outnumber the Trannies.

A quick look at various articles I came across, this from CNN Health: "preliminary data from Johns Hopkins University, compared with more than 350,000 Covid-19 deaths in 2020 and more than 475,000 Covid-19 deaths in 2021" when there were no vaccines in most of 2020 with first vax shots occurring in mid December, and vaccines administered through all of 2021. Which squares with what I said "I think I saw that slightly more died under Biden's regime than under Trump in about equal time frames"--being the last year (1920 for Trump) and first year under Biden (1921 under Biden). So I wasn't "wrong." Of course there are variables to consider, but Covid variants continue strong. It was not shocking, though, that as soon as Biden took over, there wasn't as much of this scary constant weekly headline tallying of covid deaths in the media and drummed by you in this forum.

But it's old news and who cares. And the death toll is up to 1,107,998+595 now. Of course, Elaine Chao, as you pointed out, says that "maybe" it's Trumps fault. Yeah, right.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:20 AM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Nice joke about how many Dems vs Repubs died. I didn't know that they actually somehow checked what the party affiliation of every corpse was. Kind of ghoulish. Did they check their gender identification as well? Did the Cis outnumber the Trannies.

A quick look at various articles I came across, this from CNN Health: "preliminary data from Johns Hopkins University, compared with more than 350,000 Covid-19 deaths in 2020 and more than 475,000 Covid-19 deaths in 2021" when there were no vaccines in most of 2020 with first vax shots occurring in mid December, and vaccines administered through all of 2021. Which squares with what I said "I think I saw that slightly more died under Biden's regime than under Trump in about equal time frames"--being the last year (1920 for Trump) and first year under Biden (1921 under Biden). So I wasn't "wrong." Of course there are variables to consider, but Covid variants continue strong. It was not shocking, though, that as soon as Biden took over, there wasn't as much of this scary constant weekly headline tallying of covid deaths in the media and drummed by you in this forum.

But it's old news and who cares. And the death toll is up to 1,107,998+595 now. Of course, Elaine Chao, as you pointed out, says that "maybe" it's Trumps fault. Yeah, right.
Actually it’s pretty simple
Based on death rates in counties and voting records

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-19-2023, 02:34 PM   #16
wdmso

Along party lines, however, the breakdown was 92% of Democrats, 68% of Independents, and 56% of Republicans.

There is no reason to believe that these gaps in vaccination rates will disappear anytime soon. According to Gallup, 40% of Republicans “don’t plan” to get vaccinated, versus 26% of Independents and just 3% of Democrats. In response to a more sharply worded KFF question, 23% of Republicans report that they will “definitely not” get vaccinated, compared to 11% of Independents and just 4% of Democrats.

Wouldn’t say 56% is most Republicans … But the group still has the lowest vaccination rate of any major American subgroup,
Old 01-19-2023, 03:00 PM   #17
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Wouldn’t say 56% is most Republicans …
Why not? And why does it matter? The vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting Covid, and it doesn't prevent you from transmitting it.

Last edited by detbuch; 01-19-2023 at 03:06 PM..
Old 01-19-2023, 09:43 PM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

Jim thinks that the Democrats invented dirty tricks.
He’s missing Ken Clawson, Rod Shelly, Harry Dent, Lee Atwater, George Bush, the Brooks Brother riot, Cambridge Analytica.
Just ask Roger Stone.

He also thinks the Republican Party of Nassau County are liberals.

Last edited by Pete F.; 01-19-2023 at 09:51 PM..
Old 01-20-2023, 09:54 AM   #19
wdmso

They knew it was legit, they knew it wasn't Russian disinformation. They lied to big tech, in order to suppress the story, and it's hard to believe the timing (right before the election) is a coincidence.

Jims evidence stuff released by MUSK in tweets which have character limits of 280 and a Tucker carlson regular who speciality is environmental issues

You guys launched a politically-motivated investigation into Trump and Russia, based partly on the debunked Steele dossier.

one of jim's favorite hills to stand on

Jim ignores Trump trying to extort information from ukraine to use against Biden .. the 2nd time Trump asked a foreign country for assistance in an election

Ignorers Jan6th and all its testimonies and video evidence trump sitting on his hands for 3 plus hours and everything after with the orbit of pluto ..

Jims waiting with great enthusiasm For kevin to release all the hours of footage of Jan 6th .. so he can find show us all they were let in and it was antifa
Old 01-20-2023, 05:43 PM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

The real story about Hunter Biden is that the current president hasn't fired the FBI director, called it a hoax, or tried to obstruct the investigation.
Old 01-20-2023, 06:08 PM   #21
detbuch

Quote:
The real story about Hunter Biden is that the current president hasn't fired the FBI director, called it a hoax, or tried to obstruct the investigation.
What did you believe, or think, or feel, when the media cited intelligence sources that made it appear the laptop was Russian mis or dis information?
Old 01-20-2023, 06:22 PM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
What did you believe, or think, or feel, when the media cited intelligence sources that made it appear the laptop was Russian mis or dis information?

Well, for one, just look at what happened after Hunter Biden left the White House. The Saudis, who claimed they had him in their pocket, gave him $2 billion. No, wait, that was Jared Kushner. Never mind.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-20-2023, 06:26 PM   #23
detbuch

Quote:
Well, for one, just look at what happened after Hunter Biden left the White House. The Saudis, who claimed they had him in their pocket, gave him $2 billion. No, wait, that was Jared Kushner. Never mind.
What did you believe, or think, or feel, about the laptop when the media cited intelligence sources that made it appear that it was Russian mis or dis information?
Old 01-20-2023, 06:42 PM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
What did you believe, or think, or feel, about the laptop when the media cited intelligence sources that made it appear that it was Russian mis or dis information?
Isn’t that the one Ghouliani and Bannon had?
I’d assume it’s as good as their evidence of election fraud.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-21-2023, 11:07 AM   #25
wdmso

Hey all you computer geniuses, the physical laptop could be hunters, but the chain of custody there is no way that you can prove that the original hard drive hadn’t been replaced because they’re replaceable. Or re written

So yes the actual laptop the body screen key board could be hunters tracked by serial number and Apple ID.
But it all comes down to the hard drive and a court would be hard to accept anything on it. as probable cause to start an investigation or accept as evidence

A House committee are not bound by the rules of evidence and the GOPQ have no regard for evidence anyway or power to prosecute. Show it will be all in the window and rumors.

The investigation into Hunter Biden began in 2018, Unrelated to his laptop But for taxes
Old 01-21-2023, 11:29 AM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
Hey all you computer geniuses, the physical laptop could be hunters, but the chain of custody there is no way that you can prove that the original hard drive hadn’t been replaced because they’re replaceable. Or re written

So yes the actual laptop the body screen key board could be hunters tracked by serial number and Apple ID.
But it all comes down to the hard drive and a court would be hard to accept anything on it. as probable cause to start an investigation or accept as evidence

A House committee are not bound by the rules of evidence and the GOPQ have no regard for evidence anyway or power to prosecute. Show it will be all in the window and rumors.

The investigation into Hunter Biden began in 2018, Unrelated to his laptop But for taxes
im guessing the fbi can tell if it’s the original hard drive. but on top
of everything else, now you’re a tech expert.

First, you said everything on the laptop was harmless, not i docstuve of any wrongdoing. Are you saying. Hunters political
opponents replaced the hard drive with one that had nothing incriminating?

WDMSO: there’s nothing incriminating on the laptop. And if there is, the GOP put it there!!

wayne, take off the to. foil hat for one second and think. consider what you know about hunter biden. Would it really be surprising to you, if he did things he wasn’t supposed to, for millions of dollars?

you’re taking talking points from Joy Behar now?
Old 01-21-2023, 02:27 PM   #27
wdmso

Quote:
im guessing the fbi can tell if it’s the original hard drive. but on top
of everything else, now you’re a tech expert.

First, you said everything on the laptop was harmless, not i docstuve of any wrongdoing. Are you saying. Hunters political
opponents replaced the hard drive with one that had nothing incriminating?

WDMSO: there’s nothing incriminating on the laptop. And if there is, the GOP put it there!!

wayne, take off the to. foil hat for one second and think. consider what you know about hunter biden. Would it really be surprising to you, if he did things he wasn’t supposed to, for millions of dollars?

you’re taking talking points from Joy Behar now?

Sorry Jim no tinfoil hat seems again you’re unabashedly think Rudy would never do such a think. And please keep ignoring the law. If there was a criminal activity to be found Rudy and the gop contaminated the entire crime scene.
If you had any Common sense you’d understand that . And making money off your family name isn’t a crime ..
not paying your taxes is . funny the gop claims the irs is coming for your money so we must defund them.

Yet the only credible crime hunter may have committed is tax fraud.

Maybe the IRS shouldn’t investigate Hunter by gop standards
Old 01-21-2023, 04:39 PM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:

Sorry Jim no tinfoil hat seems again you’re unabashedly think Rudy would never do such a think. And please keep ignoring the law. If there was a criminal activity to be found Rudy and the gop contaminated the entire crime scene.
If you had any Common sense you’d understand that . And making money off your family name isn’t a crime ..
not paying your taxes is . funny the gop claims the irs is coming for your money so we must defund them.

Yet the only credible crime hunter may have committed is tax fraud.

Maybe the IRS shouldn’t investigate Hunter by gop standards
i’m not saying the GOP would never stoop to that ..i’m saying we’d know if they did

The FBI had the laptop for a long time. THEY had it. And they aren’t saying it was tampered with

Do you have any evidence whatsoever that it was tampered with?

You desperately hope it was tampered with. That doesn’t mean it was.

you’re scared, and it’s showing. The laptop, the classified documents debacle, and a very possible/probable recession coming. i get why you’re scared, i do. It’ll be OK.

making money off your family name isn’t necessarily a crime. but it obviously might be. depends on what was done. And again, i’m more concerned with why the FBI thought it was their job to lie about the laptop being russian information, just before the election. One reasonable explanation would be that they wanted to help Biden. I can’t think of another explanation, maybe there is one. Hopefully the hearings will illuminate that. f there is i fence to suggest it was russian disinformation, no one has shared that. it appears the FBI made that up. And again, they had the laptop when they made that claim. They’d therefore know. Today, the FBI isn’t saying the laptop was planted by russians, nor are they saying it was tampered with.

If chain of custody principles were trampled to prevent a prosecution, i’d still like to know what happened, so would many others

Those hearings are coming.
Old 01-21-2023, 06:12 PM   #29
wdmso

Quote:
i’m not saying the GOP would never stoop to that ..i’m saying we’d know if they did

The FBI had the laptop for a long time. THEY had it. And they aren’t saying it was tampered with

you’re scared, and it’s showing. The laptop, the classified documents debacle, and a very possible/probable recession coming. i get why you’re scared, i do. It’ll be OK.

making money off your family name isn’t necessarily a crime. but it obviously might be. depends on what was done. And again, i’m more concerned with why the FBI thought it was their job to lie about the laptop being russian information, just before the election. One reasonable explanation would be that they wanted to help Biden. I can’t think of another explanation, maybe there is one. Hopefully the hearings will illuminate that. f there is i fence to suggest it was russian disinformation, no one has shared that. it appears the FBI made that up. And again, they had the laptop when they made that claim. They’d therefore know. Today, the FBI isn’t saying the laptop was planted by russians, nor are they saying it was tampered with.

If chain of custody principles were trampled to prevent a prosecution, i’d still like to know what happened, so would many others

Those hearings are coming.

Jim you don’t need to prove it was tampered with all they need to prove is Rudy had possession of the laptop.. game over inadmissible in court

House hearings won’t change that . They have no law enforcement authority

Still don’t get it. Do you? chain of custody principles were trampled by Rudy and the gop operatives who thought they could influence the election with what they thought was a smoking gun ..

Only the MAGA horde want to know what happened hell their still waiting on the Durham report to save them. You still waiting With them?

And your expecting a party who allowed Greene 9/11 truther who has history of embracing far-right conspiracies on the homeland security committee

To be trusted by the American people . You’re crazy

Last edited by wdmso; 01-21-2023 at 06:17 PM..
Old 01-21-2023, 01:02 PM   #30
detbuch

Quote:

Did you believe, or think, or feel, that Hunters laptop content was Russian disinformation when the media cited intelligence sources that made it appear that it was?