Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-24-2022, 07:25 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Biden has completely outsmarted Putin. He undercut every pretext Putin cultivated to justify an invasion, leaving the world - and especially the Russian people - without any plausible explanation for the invasion. And Biden unified democratic allies to support Ukraine’s defense.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 02-24-2022, 08:25 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Biden has completely outsmarted Putin.
This will be a great comfort to the Ukrainians who got blown to bits.
Old 02-24-2022, 08:47 PM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
This will be a great comfort to the Ukrainians who got blown to bits.
Russian TV is now showing Trump’s praise of Putin to justify their invasion.

Because if only the Stable Genius had won no Ukrainians would have died, Trump would have told them they’d be much better off with a strong leader like Putin

Today doesn't feel like it's gone as Putin wanted:

* Ukrainian defence stronger than expected.
* Massive US/EU/UK sanctions for all major banks
* Stockmarket down 40%
* Protests across Russia (despite thousands of arrests)
* Finnish MPs pushing to join NATO

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-24-2022, 08:51 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Russian TV is now showing Trump’s praise of Putin to justify their invasion.

Because if only the Stable Genius had won no Ukrainians would have died, Trump would have told them they’d be much better off with a strong leader like Putin

Today doesn't feel like it's gone as Putin wanted:

* Ukrainian defence stronger than expected.
* Massive US/EU/UK sanctions for all major banks
* Stockmarket down 40%
* Protests across Russia (despite thousands of arrests)
* Finnish MPs pushing to join NATO
Biden’s approval will
skyrocket. Even more when fuel costs plummet.
Old 02-24-2022, 09:09 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Biden’s approval will
It’s always about money with you.

You should join your hero at Mar a Lago, you could both praise Putin over the great deal he got.

I’m confident you will disapprove of the protests across 53 russian cities, more than 1700 people detained tonight. the regime did not bother with counter-protests. I wonder if Putin underestimated just how unpopular this would be.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-25-2022, 04:07 AM   #6
scottw

Quote:

I wonder if Putin underestimated just how unpopular this would be.

he's a dictator...soooo....likely not a concern
Old 02-25-2022, 04:19 AM   #7
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post

It’s my hunch that what we will see is the pipeline magically aproved and then putin pulls his troops away from Ukraine.. but we shall see.

Originally Posted by scottw View Post

Nebestrodamus.....we will watch this one

ummmmm....nope
Old 02-25-2022, 10:06 AM   #8
wdmso

Quote:
Biden’s approval will
Jim you seem to want a leader that leads for His Poll Numbers
which is about every Republican who wants to run in 2024

Bidens not that leader He'll rip the band Aid off He tells the American people the Truth and Fuk the polls .. Doing what's right is Hard

Even Before this russian invasion. Republicans started their PlayBook

1. call your POTUS weak (they want bombs and boots on the ground they won't say aloud! and that's why Trump and his cult love Putin he's a mans mans )

2. Call the Info coming out of the white house a Hoax

3. then move to calling it Fear mongering

4. then call it wagging the dog

5. Putin does what the white house says they were going to do and they go back to weak yet offering no plan themselves

6 Conservatives blame Biden for the invasion while Trump and his inner circle heap praise on Putin

6. Next they will shift back to gas prices screaming Biden is Sanctioning Americans

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-threat-2022-2

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-p...ican-response/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nichola...h=2dde72778cf9

Trump and his supporters praise Putin and dismiss Biden as crisis unfolds
A vocal group of right-leaning figures admires the Russian president for what they depict as his strength and shrewdness, while disdaining a U.S. president they dismiss as weak

a faction made up of conservative Republicans, supporters of former president Donald Trump and conservative media figures says Putin should be left alone, or even congratulated, by Americans.

Trump complimented Putin on Tuesday, saying it was a “smart move” by the Russian president to send “the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen” to the Ukraine border.

Poll: As Ukraine tensions escalate, 62% of Republicans say Putin is a 'stronger leader' than Biden

With at least 100,000 Russian troops massing on the border of Ukraine, more than 6 in 10 Republicans and GOP-leaning independents (62 percent) now say Russian President Vladimir Putin is “a stronger leader” than Joe Biden, according to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll.

Fewer than half as many Republicans (25 percent) decline to take sides, saying neither leader is stronger than the other.

And just 4 percent of Republicans say Biden is stronger than Putin.

it may not be the All the leadership Buts its seem to be the party as a whole ... Like I have been saying
Old 02-25-2022, 10:08 AM   #9
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

brandon's speech and speach yesterday sounded like someone deeply concerned over his poll numbers
Old 02-25-2022, 10:10 AM   #10
scottw

I was just reading that much of green, environmentally conscious Western Europe is now modernizing and turning to woodstoves to keep warm this winter....
Old 02-25-2022, 10:39 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
which is about every Republican who wants to run in 2024

Bidens not that leader He'll rip the band Aid off He tells the American people the Truth and Fuk the polls .. Doing what's right is Hard

Even Before this russian invasion. Republicans started their PlayBook

1. call your POTUS weak (they want bombs and boots on the ground they won't say aloud! and that's why Trump and his cult love Putin he's a mans mans )

2. Call the Info coming out of the white house a Hoax

3. then move to calling it Fear mongering

4. then call it wagging the dog

5. Putin does what the white house says they were going to do and they go back to weak yet offering no plan themselves

6 Conservatives blame Biden for the invasion while Trump and his inner circle heap praise on Putin

6. Next they will shift back to gas prices screaming Biden is Sanctioning Americans

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-threat-2022-2

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-p...ican-response/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nichola...h=2dde72778cf9

Trump and his supporters praise Putin and dismiss Biden as crisis unfolds
A vocal group of right-leaning figures admires the Russian president for what they depict as his strength and shrewdness, while disdaining a U.S. president they dismiss as weak

a faction made up of conservative Republicans, supporters of former president Donald Trump and conservative media figures says Putin should be left alone, or even congratulated, by Americans.

Trump complimented Putin on Tuesday, saying it was a “smart move” by the Russian president to send “the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen” to the Ukraine border.

Poll: As Ukraine tensions escalate, 62% of Republicans say Putin is a 'stronger leader' than Biden

With at least 100,000 Russian troops massing on the border of Ukraine, more than 6 in 10 Republicans and GOP-leaning independents (62 percent) now say Russian President Vladimir Putin is “a stronger leader” than Joe Biden, according to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll.

Fewer than half as many Republicans (25 percent) decline to take sides, saying neither leader is stronger than the other.

And just 4 percent of Republicans say Biden is stronger than Putin.

it may not be the All the leadership Buts its seem to be the party as a whole ... Like I have been saying
"Bidens not that leader He'll rip the band Aid off He tells the American people the Truth"

He said the following pearls of truth...Republicans want to put blacks back in chains, he was arrested with Nelson Mandela, he beat up an armed drug kingpin named Corn Pop, he used to drive an 18 wheeler, he said we have a duty to believe all women accusers, then he was accused and said "don't believe this one", he promised to cure cancer, got caught plagiarizing, how many do you want?

Biden isn't a constant liar like Trump, but he's a loooooong way from being truthful.

"call your POTUS weak "

What if he is weak? Can't you say it?

"more than 6 in 10 Republicans and GOP-leaning independents (62 percent) now say Russian President Vladimir Putin is “a stronger leader” than Joe Biden"

Listen carefully...Putin is far, far, far stronger than Biden is capable of ever being again. It's not even close. That doesn't mean I'm saying Putin is a better person. Putin deserves to be executed for what he's doing. Joe Biden is a far better person than Putin. But a much weaker leader. When Biden speaks, people point and laugh. He's weak and feeble. We knew that before the election.

You're equating strong with good, just to make republicans look bad.

Biden is laughably weak and uninspiring. We elected a president with dementia. Nobody, anywhere, is intimidated by Biden. That doesn't mean he's incapable of being a great president. It means he isn't going to get respect of bloodthirsty tyrants like Putin.

Putin didn't roll into Ukraine because of Bidens strength.

Strong isn't anywhere near the same as good. In some cases strong is good. Not always.
Old 02-25-2022, 02:07 AM   #12
scottw

Quote:

Biden has completely outsmarted Putin.

is spence really posting as pete now? ...