Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-22-2022, 04:05 PM   #1231
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Kid Rock: Trump Sought My Advice on ISIS, North Korea

Kid Rock says when Donald Trump was president, the commander in chief asked him for messaging advice about ISIS and what to do about North Korea.

The singer made his comments during an interview with Fox News host Tucker Carlson.

"I mean, I was there with him one day when he ended the caliphate,"

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/ki...22/id/1062393/

But you people fear A Transgender more than a POTUS taking advice from Kid Rock or Making an executive order at the request of someone he saw on Fox News

Trump issued an executive order on Critical Race Theory after seeing a segment about it on Tucker Carlson's show

a Guy named Christopher Rufo who invented the CRT outrage wich FOX new mentioned like 5000 times last year

Rufo falsely claimed that a diversity consultant hired by the Treasury Department had “told employees essentially that America was a fundamentally white supremacist country,” and urged them to "accept their white racial superiority"; however, the diversity consultant had said no such thing.

But republicans and Truth are like oil and water
but it’s ok with you that Biden is using tiktok stars to spread the lie that Putin is responsible for all the inflation we’re dealing with. but not kid rock.

left=good, right=bad, we get it already.

is it truthful that putin caused then inflation?

biden administration said there was no inflation, then said it was transitory, then said inflation was a good thing, now it’s bad but all Putin’s fault.

you want the gop to be truthful but don’t seem to hold your side to any similar standard. why is that?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-22-2022, 04:32 PM   #1232
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Maybe they should ask Corn Pop about the ass kicking the POTUS gave him
Old 03-22-2022, 04:39 PM   #1233
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
they could ask him, but i think his jaw is still wired shut so he can’t answer.
Old 03-23-2022, 06:26 AM   #1234
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Senator Josh Hawley had the nerve to ask Biden's SCOTUS nominee about some past things she wrote, and MSNBC literally said that Hawley was trying to get her killed.
I like her....she seems very nice....
Old 03-23-2022, 06:27 AM   #1235
scottw

Quote:
I thought Biden was going to attack that guy the other day....he's a bit unhinged....I wonder when they send him to the old folks home?
Old 03-23-2022, 07:17 AM   #1236
wdmso

Quote:
but it’s ok with you that Biden is using tiktok stars to spread the lie that Putin is responsible for all the inflation we’re dealing with. but not kid rock.

left=good, right=bad, we get it already.

is it truthful that putin caused then inflation?

biden administration said there was no inflation, then said it was transitory, then said inflation was a good thing, now it’s bad but all Putin’s fault.

you want the gop to be truthful but don’t seem to hold your side to any similar standard. why is that?
Yes Biden and the feds were wrong on inflation being transitional

then there’s Putin inflation attached to his invasion effect oil prices. Which impact all goods in services in the world resulting in inflation

Oh I forgot oil that’s Biden’s fault

But of course you are unable to see the difference and just parrot Right wing taking points .
Professing Your being Truthful not surprised
Old 03-23-2022, 07:18 AM   #1237
wdmso

They sought to destroy our traditional values and force on us their false values that would erode us, our people from within, the attitudes they have been aggressively imposing on their countries, attitudes that are directly leading to degradation and degeneration, because they are contrary to human nature,”

Sound familiar.
Old 03-23-2022, 07:47 AM   #1238
scottw

Quote:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E88C2IHXIA0Ow0J.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	68796  
Old 03-23-2022, 08:26 AM   #1239
Pete F.
Canceled

Meanwhile
Mo Brooks is the latest MAGA Republican to find out that for Trump, loyalty only goes one way.
Old 03-23-2022, 08:53 AM   #1240
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

Florida governor Ron DeSantis has signed a proclamation recognising runner-up Emma Weyant as the winner of the highest US national college swimming title - an event she lost to transgender athlete Lia Thomas.

Hero of yours?
Old 03-23-2022, 08:54 AM   #1241
wdmso

keep the blinders on
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	276111086_525408775597222_299740178062113655_n.jpeg
Views:	74
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	68798  
Old 03-23-2022, 09:02 AM   #1242
Jim in CT

Quote:
Florida governor Ron DeSantis has signed a proclamation recognising runner-up Emma Weyant as the winner of the highest US national college swimming title - an event she lost to transgender athlete Lia Thomas.

l

Hero of yours?
hero to everyone who hasn’t surrendered their honesty to political correctness.
Old 03-23-2022, 09:20 AM   #1243
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

Hero of yours?
Great News, Thanks for sharing

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-23-2022, 09:45 AM   #1244
Jim in CT

Quote:
Great News, Thanks for sharing
god damn right: if you told
me 5 years ago that we’d be having this debate today, i truly wouldn’t have believed you.

men compete physically with men, women compete physically with women. it’s not complicated.
Old 03-23-2022, 10:09 AM   #1245
scottw

Quote:

Hero of yours?
she lost to a physical male....I know that Lia insists that they are as much a woman as any other woman but the fact is they are only a woman in a tiny recess of their brain...their body is male minus whatever drugs are being administered.....I mentioned that I am glad that Lia was finally able to find success in their swimming endeavors....unfortunately, it came as a great cost to women who are not physically males....I guess they should be glad they weren't competing in boxing, wrestling
Old 03-23-2022, 10:17 AM   #1246
Jim in CT

Quote:
I guess they should be glad they weren't competing in boxing, wrestling
muscular, 6 foot 6 inch man plays girls college basketball.

sounds fair.

how come there aren’t any women doing this to compete with men?

https://archive.kpcc.org/programs/ta...basketball-pl/
Old 03-23-2022, 10:30 AM   #1247
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
she lost to a physical male....I know that Lia insists that they are as much a woman as any other woman but the fact is they are only a woman in a tiny recess of their brain...their body is male minus whatever drugs are being administered.....I mentioned that I am glad that Lia was finally able to find success in their swimming endeavors....unfortunately, it came as a great cost to women who are not physically males....I guess they should be glad they weren't competing in boxing, wrestling
Well, there are a couple of Trans-women fighting MMA and crushing their opponents. But nothing to see there
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TMMA.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	68799  

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-23-2022, 10:43 AM   #1248
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yes Biden and the feds were wrong on inflation being transitional

then there’s Putin inflation attached to his invasion effect oil prices. Which impact all goods in services in the world resulting in inflation

But of course you are unable to see the difference and just parrot Right wing taking points .
Professing Your being Truthful not surprised
Putin is responsible for inflation related to the surge in oil from the invasion.

But before the invasion, inflation was at 30 year highs. Much of that is Trump and Biden's fault. Can't print money forever without inflation, you just can't.

"Right wing taking points ."

What did I say here. that not true, but merely right wing talking points?

Inflation is going to get worse. And the person in power bears the brunt of that.

It's a lie to say Biden caused all the inflation. That doesn't mean he didn't cause any of it. It's an equal lie to say he caused none of it.
Old 03-23-2022, 10:45 AM   #1249
Jim in CT

Quote:
Well, there are a couple of Trans-women fighting MMA and crushing their opponents. But nothing to see there
I had no idea that was happening. Shouldn't be surprised. These people make Obama look uber conservative, it's unbelievable. The democrat party at the national level is unrecognizable compared to what it looked like on Obama's last day.
Old 03-23-2022, 10:48 AM   #1250
scottw

Quote:
I had no idea that was happening. Shouldn't be surprised. These people make Obama look uber conservative, it's unbelievable. The democrat party at the national level is unrecognizable compared to what it looked like on Obama's last day.
wait till they start pushing equal rights for map's
Old 03-23-2022, 12:44 PM   #1251
wdmso

Quote:
Putin is responsible for inflation related to the surge in oil from the invasion.

But before the invasion, inflation was at 30 year highs. Much of that is Trump and Biden's fault. Can't print money forever without inflation, you just can't.

"Right wing taking points ."

What did I say here. that not true, but merely right wing talking points?

Inflation is going to get worse. And the person in power bears the brunt of that.

It's a lie to say Biden caused all the inflation. That doesn't mean he didn't cause any of it. It's an equal lie to say he caused none of it.
I am not suggesting he’s responsible for none. Republicans however are..
Old 03-23-2022, 12:45 PM   #1252
wdmso

Debra Meadows appears to have filed at least two false voter forms

And Her husbands 1 fake voter form Trump found his voter fraud. He was standing next to him along..
Old 03-23-2022, 01:04 PM   #1253
wdmso

Quote:
Lia Thomas finishes 8th in 100-yard freestyle, final race of collegiate swimming career

Penn swimmer Lia Thomas didn’t dominate the NCAA championships.

Lia Thomas won one event, but didn’t break any records and her race times were not extraordinary.

Yep nothing like promoting fear and hysteria.

Once again the facts don’t line up with your outrage

It cost women nothing

It was other women who dominated the meet, held at Georgia Institute of Technology. University of Virginia swimmers won 11 out of 18 events, and were back-to-back national champions. Junior Kate Douglass left with eight national titles, and broke three American records in three different strokes, an astonishing and never-before-seen feat.

So let’s see. Transgenders their not raping in droves in restrooms nor are they killing it in woman’s sports .

Odd no one has a issue with a women who is transiting to a man playing with men ?

Just incase you think it’s not happening ..

In 2017, Ezra* was a high school senior and the co-captain of his cross country team in Maryland. It was only his second year competing on the boys team, having moved over from the girls team at the beginning of his junior season. He had been a star runner on the girls varsity team his freshman year,

And to be clear if your claiming to be Transgender to get attention or to win. You’re a loser
Old 03-23-2022, 02:07 PM   #1254
scottw

Quote:

Once again the facts don’t line up with your outrage

outrage?
Old 03-23-2022, 02:11 PM   #1255
Jim in CT

Quote:
I am not suggesting he’s responsible for none. Republicans however are..
that’s politics. In 2008 the entire left blamed bush for the subprime mortgage crisis, and he did nothing to cause that.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:17 PM   #1256
Pete F.
Canceled

Is Trump transitioning?
Old 03-23-2022, 03:49 PM   #1257
spence

Quote:
that’s politics. In 2008 the entire left blamed bush for the subprime mortgage crisis, and he did nothing to cause that.
Actually most of the subprime lending regulatory changes that led to the crisis happened under Bush's "watch."
Old 03-23-2022, 04:06 PM   #1258
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Actually most of the subprime lending regulatory changes that led to the crisis happened under Bush's "watch."
bullsh*t. the law deregulating banks sowing them
to make investments, was passed by a republican legislature and signed by bill clinton.

and it was american people
who bought way more house than they could afford. and fishy investment bankers who bundled mortgage backed securities.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:05 AM   #1259
wdmso

Quote:
bullsh*t. the law deregulating banks sowing them
to make investments, was passed by a republican legislature and signed by bill clinton.

and it was american people
who bought way more house than they could afford. and fishy investment bankers who bundled mortgage backed securities.
So americans approved their own loans ? More like they were mislead into adjustable APRs and when rates Blew up so did mortgage payments They could afford A but not B and C which I am sure they were told was never going to happen . And to able to own ones Home isn't that the American Dream.. and the Banks I am sure! used this desire to their advantage. it's easy to say they, the Homeowner should have read the fine Print hindsight is always 20/20 . But the banks knew they were approving loans they shouldn't have been issuing . because they were making Money they didn't care

Hedge funds, banks, and insurance companies caused the subprime mortgage crisis.

https://www.thebalance.com/what-caus...20in%20housing.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:25 AM   #1260
Jim in CT

Quote:
So americans approved their own loans ? More like they were mislead into adjustable APRs and when rates Blew up so did mortgage payments They could afford A but not B and C which I am sure they were told was never going to happen . And to able to own ones Home isn't that the American Dream.. and the Banks I am sure! used this desire to their advantage. it's easy to say they, the Homeowner should have read the fine Print hindsight is always 20/20 . But the banks knew they were approving loans they shouldn't have been issuing . because they were making Money they didn't care

Hedge funds, banks, and insurance companies caused the subprime mortgage crisis.

https://www.thebalance.com/what-caus...20in%20housing.
"So americans approved their own loans ? "

Yes, Americans approved those loans by signing the contracts and agreeing to paying them back. Not one American, not one, was forced to sign those mortgages.

Obviously there was some shady practices by banks, who immediately sold those mortgages and therefore don't care if they eventually default.

My point was that Bush didn't do anything. If he had tried to pass a law saying that Americans can't buy more house than they could afford, people would have rightly gone berserk.

I'm not saying the GOP didn't do anything, they passed a law in the 1990s allowing banks to get into the business of fishy, mortgage backed investments, and Bill Clinton signed that law.

Both parties contributed, banks contributed, Wall Street contributed, and greedy/irresponsible homeowners contributed. But I remember the 2008 election. It was all framed as Bush's fault. If you didn't complain about that, don't complain if Biden gets blamed for gas prices and inflation.

What's good for the goose...

"And to able to own ones Home isn't that the American Dream"

Sure. Doesn't mean the way to do that, is to buy a house if you can only afford the interest payment on a variable mortgage.

"hindsight is always 20/20"

Not just hindsight, smart people saw that coming a mile away, it was a bubble begging to be burst. People were taking outrageous mortgages.

"But the banks knew they were approving loans they shouldn't have been issuing . because they were making Money they didn't care "

And many people knew they were taking out mortgages they could never hope to pay back, but they assumed housing prices would increase forever and they could just cash out the equity when mortgage payments increased. Stupid. You don't need to be a graduate of the Yale School of Economics to see what was coming.

"Hedge funds, banks, and insurance companies"

Also politicians of both parties, and the American people did it to themselves. Liberals hate the concept of individual responsibility.