Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-05-2022, 08:20 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Isn't that your whole schtick here? Find a few Dems (Stacy A) and compare it to millions of Rs and somehow it is equal?
No that's not my shtick. I only bring up Abrams, when you guys bash Trump for saying his loss wasn't fair. I point out, correctly, that Abrams is saying the same thing, and I note it's interesting that you all give her a free pass when she does it.

I've aid a million times, can't (and don't) believe you missed it, that there is plenty of good and bad on both sides, neither side has a monopoly on virtue, neither side has a monopoly on corruption.

Wayne never stops finding some obscure republican somewhere who misbehaved, and claims they speak for the whole GOP. His shtick, not mine. It's an asinine shtick.
Old 10-05-2022, 09:07 AM   #2
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
No that's not my shtick. I only bring up Abrams, when you guys bash Trump for saying his loss wasn't fair. I point out, correctly, that Abrams is saying the same thing, and I note it's interesting that you all give her a free pass when she does it.She was not the President, didn't try to prevent the newly elected Pres. from being sworn in, doesn't to this day deny the Pres. won, 70% of the D party don't believe some crazy theory about election fraud, etc etc etc.

I've aid a million times, can't (and don't) believe you missed it, that there is plenty of good and bad on both sides, neither side has a monopoly on virtue, neither side has a monopoly on corruption. Big deal, most people use to feel the same way. Now according to the many Rs in congress, the Dems are the mortal enemy.

Wayne never stops finding some obscure republican somewhere who misbehaved, and claims they speak for the whole GOP. His shtick, not mine. It's an asinine shtick.
You do the same as Wayne. You try to link Antifa w/the Ds.
Old 10-05-2022, 09:38 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
ok. so it’s wrong for the president to make fake claims of election cheating, but no problem when a governor does it. If you’d care to take a shot at explaining why that is, i’m all
ears.

when a president does that, it means he’s unfit to be president. But it doesn’t make one unfit to be governor?

Abrams is debuting to this day that her election. wasn’t fair. because of, wait for it, racism. GA is racist even though voting requirements are less restrictive than what’s in some blue states.

Sorry, that makes zero sense.
Old 10-05-2022, 10:17 AM   #4
PaulS

Quote:
ok. so it’s wrong for the president to make fake claims of election cheating, but no problem when a governor does it. If you’d care to take a shot at explaining why that is, i’m all
ears.

when a president does that, it means he’s unfit to be president. But it doesn’t make one unfit to be governor?

Abrams is debuting to this day that her election. wasn’t fair. because of, wait for it, racism. GA is racist even though voting requirements are less restrictive than what’s in some blue states.

Sorry, that makes zero sense.
So you think Trump only made false claims about election cheating and didn't do anything else? That is hilarious!
Old 10-05-2022, 09:41 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
you’re saying it’s wrong to paint the other side as the enemy. Trump us the only one doing this? Hilary didn’t do it, Obama didn’t do it, Biden doesn’t do it?

It only bothers you when the right does it.
Old 10-05-2022, 10:02 AM   #6
wdmso

Same reporter

This is the first national election since the storming of the Capitol and will test whether America can hold an election without violence. And, to be clear, the war talk from Americans like the Slatons is not normal pre-election rhetoric. In two and a half decades in America I've covered 10 US election cycles, I have never heard voters talk about politics in this violent way.

Deirdre Holden is an unelected civil servant with the job of Supervisor of Elections and Voter Registration.

This election is effing rigged," it reads. (Deirdre is exceptionally polite, she has that wonderful Southern gentility, and she wants to spare me the profanities.) "Detonations will occur at every polling site in this county. No one at these places will be spared. If you think we're bluffing, eff-ing try. You've been warned. We will end you all."

But classic but Antifa keep trying Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D2BF24C6-D66F-4975-B785-C9AE204B8B1B.jpeg
Views:	70
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	69219  
Old 10-05-2022, 10:09 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Same reporter

This is the first national election since the storming of the Capitol and will test whether America can hold an election without violence. And, to be clear, the war talk from Americans like the Slatons is not normal pre-election rhetoric. In two and a half decades in America I've covered 10 US election cycles, I have never heard voters talk about politics in this violent way.

Deirdre Holden is an unelected civil servant with the job of Supervisor of Elections and Voter Registration.

This election is effing rigged," it reads. (Deirdre is exceptionally polite, she has that wonderful Southern gentility, and she wants to spare me the profanities.) "Detonations will occur at every polling site in this county. No one at these places will be spared. If you think we're bluffing, eff-ing try. You've been warned. We will end you all."

But classic but Antifa keep trying Jim
antifa is actually hurting people. when these looks act on this insanity, then they’ll be on par with antifa. No one is influenced by the Slatons.

the democrat who shot at republicans at the congressional baseball game, are all democrats responsible for his actions?

you’re embarrassing yourself. There’s no widespread push for violence on the right. No matter how badly you wish there were, there isn’t. Antifa has hurt way more people, done far more damage. That’s the reality.

The i kabine denying violence that actually happened, is you.
Old 10-05-2022, 10:31 AM   #8
wdmso

Quote:
you’re saying it’s wrong to paint the other side as the enemy. Trump us the only one doing this? Hilary didn’t do it, Obama didn’t do it, Biden doesn’t do it?

It only bothers you when the right does it.
Jim no Hillary Obama or Biden have never painted Republicans as the enemy . That’s you again making false Aka lying comparisons

I disagree with Paul I don’t do what you do.

My post are targeting the most outrageous MAGA supporters of Trump and their direct threats against our democratic processes

Not your normal Republicans .. I make a clear distinction.. the courts also have made a clear distinction

You on the other hand do not . You conflate protest against police brutality . As riots as if they are the same . When you know fully well the vast majority of protest were non violent..

And riots weren’t about overthrowing the government..

Look up The Faceless Crowd theory

On why people riot After sport teams win a big or losses or when the mortality police kill a young girl in custody in Iran ( does that bother you? Or you only support those protest because it’s iran)

Been in a few riots myself in prison not all start the same but they all have the same dynamics. someone always has to light the fuse

And to answer your question YES Trump is the only one doing it

Trump ramps up rhetoric on media, calls press ‘the enemy of the people’ Yep and he did this while being the POTUS

Trump calls Biden ‘an enemy of the state’

Trump said of the search. "The FBI and the Justice Department have become vicious monsters."

And if I recall it was blown off as hyperbole and it still is by the faithful
Old 10-05-2022, 10:32 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim no Hillary Obama or Biden have never painted Republicans as the enemy . That’s you again making false Aka lying comparisons

I disagree with Paul I don’t do what you do.

My post are targeting the most outrageous MAGA supporters of Trump and their direct threats against our democratic processes

Not your normal Republicans .. I make a clear distinction.. the courts also have made a clear distinction

You on the other hand do not . You conflate protest against police brutality . As riots as if they are the same . When you know fully well the vast majority of protest were non violent..

And riots weren’t about overthrowing the government..

Look up The Faceless Crowd theory

On why people riot After sport teams win a big or losses or when the mortality police kill a young girl in custody in Iran ( does that bother you? Or you only support those protest because it’s iran)

Been in a few riots myself in prison not all start the same but they all have the same dynamics. someone always has to light the fuse

And to answer your question YES Trump is the only one doing it

Trump ramps up rhetoric on media, calls press ‘the enemy of the people’ Yep and he did this while being the POTUS

Trump calls Biden ‘an enemy of the state’

Trump said of the search. "The FBI and the Justice Department have become vicious monsters."

And if I recall it was blown off as hyperbole and it still is by the faithful
calling people deplorable, irredeemable, and a threat to democracy, isn’t calling them the enemy. saying that republicans want to put blacks back in chains, isn’t painting them as the enemy.

gotcha. my bad.
Old 10-05-2022, 10:19 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
no i don’t. I tell wayne that the left is as responsible for antifa actions, as the right is responsible for the actions of kooks in our side. I’m consistent. He’s say the left is in no way responsible for antifa, but everyone in the right is responsible for everything bad that any republican does.

just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Antifa does not speak for anyone but themselves. Got it?
Old 10-05-2022, 10:27 AM   #11
PaulS

Quote:
no i don’t. I tell wayne that the left is as responsible for antifa actions, as the right is responsible for the actions of kooks in our side. I’m consistent. He’s say the left is in no way responsible for antifa, but everyone in the right is responsible for everything bad that any republican does.

just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Antifa does not speak for anyone but themselves. Got it?
"Got it" - what a clown.