Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-22-2020, 08:55 AM   #1
wdmso

I have ask this question before Who are the people pouring honey in Trumps ears Aka His co conspirators ?
is their talk of derailment of January 6th the Flynn talks of Martial Law ? Because we all know Trump has zero concept of how government works not even the basics , So who is helping why are they helping what’s the end goal? Do they actually think they can steal the election because they have convinced millions of his followers it’s in the name of protecting the constitution and our American values and protection from the Biden crime family before that it was the Clinton crime family...

For me this is bigger than party how will this impact the future of the republic

I’d love to hear the rational from Our local Trumplicans our progressive’s are evil and I didn’t vote for him who contribute here .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-22-2020, 10:46 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

It’s gonna get worse

Months ago, those folks who raised the alarm that Trump wouldn’t accept an election loss were dismissed as irrational hysterics. Sure seems that they were insightful.
“More and more, this White House is resembling a kind of Führerbunker, or Qaddafi’s palace,” says historian @ruthbenghiat. “He’s purged everyone else, and the most extreme people are gathered round him to figure out how on Earth they can stay in office.”
"Strongmen will do anything to stay in office," Ruth BenGhiat wrote in her "Endings" chapter. Some start wars - Trump's attempting a coup. There's even a term for such desperate last-ditch measures: "gambling for resurrection."
Old 12-22-2020, 01:46 PM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
It’s gonna get worse

Only if we finally and totally abandon the Constitution and fully become the administrative state the Progressives believe in.

Months ago, those folks who raised the alarm that Trump wouldn’t accept an election loss were dismissed as irrational hysterics. Sure seems that they were insightful.

I don't recall, on this forum, them being dismissed as irrational hysterics. Maybe, but I recall that it was wondered here why Trump was being asked if he would accept an election (I suppose that would include a fraudulent one) and Biden was not asked the same. Especially after Hillary and the Dems never accepted that Trump truly won, and Hillary warned Biden not to concede, and the Dems only concerted effort for four years was to depose Trump.

“More and more, this White House is resembling a kind of Führerbunker, or Qaddafi’s palace,” says historian @ruthbenghiat.

Really? So we're being attacked by American and Russian troops and our President is hiding in a bunker (a la Biden's campaign) with Melania with whom he has made a pact to commit suicide? The NAZI comparison just won't quit. If you have a legitimate and persuasive argument, the overused false NAZI stuff is not necessary. It's a sign of stretching your argument outside of its inherent weakness.

“He’s purged everyone else, and the most extreme people are gathered round him to figure out how on Earth they can stay in office.”
"Strongmen will do anything to stay in office," Ruth BenGhiat wrote in her "Endings" chapter. Some start wars - Trump's attempting a coup. There's even a term for such desperate last-ditch measures: "gambling for resurrection."
Again, inherent weakness in argument can be masked over with hyperbolic analysis and comparison. "Most extreme people"? This is dizzying caricature. Extreme in what way? Depends on who is defining it--those that were "purged" could be the most "extreme." All administrations have "purged" many of their members. And all have their own supposedly good reasons.

For the nth time, these dooms day scenarios, coups and such, are not possible if the law, especially the Constitution, is followed. So far, nothing that Trump has done re questioning the election and wanting to investigate large anomalies and reports of suspicious and illegal behaviors given under oath has been illegal. Nothing he or his supporters have done has been unconstitutional. Nor has he even refused to leave office. He is still legally in office, and time for him to leave has not arrived.

Asleep in your nightmare bubble? Wake up. And examine who and what is actually threatening the Constitution.
Old 12-22-2020, 02:25 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Again, inherent weakness in argument can be masked over with hyperbolic analysis and comparison. "Most extreme people"? This is dizzying caricature. Extreme in what way? Depends on who is defining it--those that were "purged" could be the most "extreme." All administrations have "purged" many of their members. And all have their own supposedly good reasons.

For the nth time, these dooms day scenarios, coups and such, are not possible if the law, especially the Constitution, is followed. So far, nothing that Trump has done re questioning the election and wanting to investigate large anomalies and reports of suspicious and illegal behaviors given under oath has been illegal. Nothing he or his supporters have done has been unconstitutional. Nor has he even refused to leave office. He is still legally in office, and time for him to leave has not arrived.

Asleep in your nightmare bubble? Wake up. And examine who and what is actually threatening the Constitution.
You really do think that Tweety has any idea what the Constitution says, has read it or listens to his attorneys advice?

Foreign Agent General Flynn has the president's ear on post-election strategy. So it matters when Flynn goes on TV, describes possible federal seizure of voting machines, sending military into swing states to 're-run' election, and defends martial law. None of which is constitutional, is illegal and there's a tape.

Jonathan Swan referring to Guiliani's claim that Powell is not on the team says "Giuliani can say all of this but I’ve spent the past four days on the phone to Trump aides and the consensus is that the president is listening to Sidney Powell more than just about anyone who is on his payroll, certainly more than his own White House Counsel."

Don't tell Sidney Powell about this one--it'll be our secret, okay?

Those fights that she and Rudy and recently pardoned foreign agent Mike Flynn keep having with the White House Counsel?

White House Counsels don't have privilege.

And just wait a few months, Sidney Powell's defense of Tweety at his District Court Trial for violations of the Klu Klux Klan Act is gonna be lit.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-22-2020, 04:11 PM   #5
detbuch

Quote:
You really do think that Tweety has any idea what the Constitution says, has read it or listens to his attorneys advice?

I don't know if he has read it. You're question implies that you think he hasn't. I think that he listens to his attorneys. That he might sometime disagree with them, or that some of his attorneys may disagree with each other. You're question implies that he never does and that his attorneys are always right.

Foreign Agent General Flynn has the president's ear on post-election strategy.

It is possible that he had acted as a foreign agent in the past, which is not illegal. He was accused of not registering as one, for which his lawyer claimed Flynn considered his client to be a foreign corporation— Inovo, run by pro-Erdogan Turkish consultant Alptekin — rather than a foreign government, and thus Flynn didn’t need to register. But being a foreign agent is not in itself a bad thing nor illegal. And a lot of folks have The President's ear. You seem to clairvoyantly pick and choose whom he listens to or . . . doesn't.

So it matters when Flynn goes on TV, describes possible federal seizure of voting machines, sending military into swing states to 're-run' election, and defends martial law. None of which is constitutional, is illegal and there's a tape.

First, the insurrection act as not been declared by the Supreme Court to be unconstitutional. Second, it matters only if Trump invoked it in this case--which he hasn't.

Jonathan Swan referring to Guiliani's claim that Powell is not on the team says "Giuliani can say all of this but I’ve spent the past four days on the phone to Trump aides and the consensus is that the president is listening to Sidney Powell more than just about anyone who is on his payroll, certainly more than his own White House Counsel."

Listening to Sidney Powell is not unconstitutional.

Don't tell Sidney Powell about this one--it'll be our secret, okay?

Well . . . it's not my secret . . . and you just exposed it.

Those fights that she and Rudy and recently pardoned foreign agent Mike Flynn keep having with the White House Counsel?

White House Counsels don't have privilege.

And just wait a few months, Sidney Powell's defense of Tweety at his District Court Trial for violations of the Ku Klux Klan Act is gonna be lit.
Yeah. Should be another hoot. Like the Mueller investigation and the impeachment.
Old 12-22-2020, 09:02 PM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Yeah. Should be another hoot. Like the Mueller investigation and the impeachment.
He’ll no longer have power or privilege, will be on the stand under oath.
Not like the Mueller investigation or impeachment.
After his post election court denigration no judge will accept his misbehavior on the stand, especially Sullivan

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-22-2020, 10:25 PM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
He’ll no longer have power or privilege, will be on the stand under oath.
Not like the Mueller investigation or impeachment.
After his post election court denigration no judge will accept his misbehavior on the stand, especially Sullivan
Should be a hoot. Appeals eventually to the Supreme. If it happens. Probably Powell will not be the attorney. She will have been sued by the voting machine companies and have her own problems, and probably will eventually be disbarred as well as broke.

I think that saying Trump broke the KKK act is ridiculous, politically driven and piling on more of the chit that has been happening for the last for years. Worse for the Republic than assuring that an election was constitutionally legitimate. The kind of stuff that soothes your nightmare.
Old 12-22-2020, 10:53 PM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Should be a hoot. Appeals eventually to the Supreme. If it happens. Probably Powell will not be the attorney. She will have been sued by the voting machine companies and have her own problems, and probably will eventually be disbarred as well as broke.

I think that saying Trump broke the KKK act is ridiculous, politically driven and piling on more of the chit that has been happening for the last for years. Worse for the Republic than assuring that an election was constitutionally legitimate. The kind of stuff that soothes your nightmare.

Since it currently is lodged as a complaint in Federal Court we will find out what evidence and case they mount.
Some very qualified attorneys willing to put their names on the case, top names seem to not be interested in repping Tweety

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-22-2020, 11:37 PM   #9
detbuch

Quote:

Since it currently is lodged as a complaint in Federal Court we will find out what evidence and case they mount.
Some very qualified attorneys willing to put their names on the case, top names seem to not be interested in repping Tweety
It is what it is. No need to talk about what hasn't happened, nor predict possibilities of what will happen to a man who will shortly not be relevant. I understand that it pleases you to do so. But if you think that Trump is my concern, I've said all along that for me it isn't about Trump.
Old 12-23-2020, 07:05 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Nothing says draining the swamp like pardoning Duncan Hunter.
Old 12-23-2020, 08:41 AM   #11
wdmso

Quote:
Nothing says draining the swamp like pardoning Duncan Hunter.
Or murders !saw a stat 88% of his current pardons are Republicans

In the next round expect blank timeline driven pardons

Name

from date

End date

Subj: I pardon the above named for any crimes they may have committed with in those date ranges

Donald Trump

And the response from the faithful

It’s not illegal.

Let’s see if they feel the same way if dad pardons Hunter on day one saying hea it’s not illegal,
Old 12-28-2020, 10:08 PM   #12
wdmso

Congressman, other Republicans sue Vice President Pence in last-ditch effort to overturn Biden win
Old 12-29-2020, 08:49 AM   #13
wdmso

Republican-leaning pollster Rasmussen invoked a quote attributed to Soviet leader Joseph Stalin in a Twitter thread suggesting Vice President Pence should attempt to overturn the results of the presidential election.
“Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything. – Stalin,” the pollster tweeted.
Old 12-31-2020, 08:45 AM   #14
wdmso

Mitch McConnell said raising aid cheques would be "another fire hose of borrowed money".

As expected Trumplicans now want to look fiscally responsible . Sad and Americans still vote for them agent their own self interest
Old 12-31-2020, 02:33 PM   #15
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Mitch McConnell said raising aid cheques would be "another fire hose of borrowed money".

As expected Trumplicans now want to look fiscally responsible . Sad and Americans still vote for them agent their own self interest
I guess I can’t blame you for voting in an open checkbook. Priorities?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-31-2020, 06:36 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:

and if democrats cared about these people, they’d take their boots off their throats and let them
earn a living, rather than giving them
a one time check.

the fact that so many elected democrats mandate these lockdowns and then violate their own rules ( in really flamboyant fashion), says something about them, doesn’t it?

every single post of yours is either praising liberals, or bashing conservatives. that’s your entire existence here. but it’s beyond dishonest, as there’s good and bad on both sides. your hate makes you blind to it.
Old 12-31-2020, 07:18 PM   #17
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
and if democrats cared about these people, they’d take their boots off their throats and let them
a one time check.

the fact that so many elected democrats mandate these lockdowns and then violate their own rules ( in really flamboyant fashion), says something about them, doesn’t it?

every single post of yours is either praising liberals, or bashing conservatives. that’s your entire existence here. but it’s beyond dishonest, as there’s good and bad on both sides. your hate makes you blind to it.
Keep living the lie Jim someday you actually see the current Republicans for what they are. The only one filled with hate is you so much you think I am the hateful one that’s how projection works ..

The pharmacist told investigators he knew "that people who received the vaccinations would think they had been vaccinated against the virus when in fact they were not,"

What’s are the chances he is a liberal Just like the guy who blew up his RV

Last edited by wdmso; 12-31-2020 at 07:31 PM..
Old 12-31-2020, 09:25 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Keep living the lie Jim someday you actually see the current Republicans for what they are. The only one filled with hate is you so much you think I am the hateful one that’s how projection works ..

The pharmacist told investigators he knew "that people who received the vaccinations would think they had been vaccinated against the virus when in fact they were not,"

What’s are the chances he is a liberal Just like the guy who blew up his RV

donuts a lie that democrats have a habit of violating lockdown orders?

everyone knows you hate conservatives.

what lie am i living, exactly? if you owned a restaurant, would you rather have a check for $2,000, or the ability to operate your business? which is better?

Old 12-31-2020, 09:34 PM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
a one time check.

You’re a sheep
The pandemic didn’t kill Trump’s reelection chances – Trump’s reaction to the pandemic did.

He could’ve leveraged it to lead Americans thru looming hard times, but instead insisted that it’d be over by June and encouraged his base to “liberate” states trying to slow the spread.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-01-2021, 03:11 AM   #20
scottw

Quote:

states trying to slow the spread.

how did that work out for them?
Old 01-01-2021, 09:50 PM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Pretty simple to find out silly Troll
They’re leading in the infection and death categories

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-02-2021, 05:11 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
and there you nailed it. liberals are often literally impervious to empirical
results which don’t support The Narrative. If it doesn’t make liberalism look correct, they can’t accept it.
Old 12-31-2020, 12:45 PM   #23
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

He’s not wrong
Old 12-31-2020, 01:44 PM   #24
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
He’s not wrong
Yes he is
Old 12-31-2020, 06:33 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yes he is
well that was a compelling argument.
Old 12-31-2020, 03:03 PM   #26
Pete F.
Canceled

Hypocrite Lindsey Graham, the windblown South Carolinian, says the time has come for “a dialogue about how we can finally begin to address the debt.
Which means a Democratic administration approaches.
Old 12-31-2020, 09:32 PM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump hasn’t tweeted in a day, that shady MF is up to something. Let’s make 2021 the year we hold accountable those in his party that allowed his criminality to fester. They are a rot and a stain on this nation’s soul.
Old 01-05-2021, 07:11 AM   #28
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Since this thread started out about the Republican party, the leaders must have been red faced and fuming watching Trump continue his “Its all about me” tour, rather than spending his time helping their candidates win so their party could maintain control of the senate.