Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sportsman's Talk

Sportsman's Talk New forum for other outdoor sports. Hunting, shooting, archery, and everything else that has you crawling around with the bugs...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2007, 06:14 PM   #5
stripadan
stripadan

Was going through the same dilemma myself. Used to shoot a lot in late 80's, early 90's. Have a Darton target bow and Browning hunting bow. I love them both, lots of good shooting. But like Goose said, the technology of the new bows is sooo far advanced from even ten years ago, there is no comparison.

Arrow speeds when I was shooting a lot was 250-275, nothing over 300 fps. The new bows are up to nearly 350 feet per second. That combined with arrow technology makes new equipment so much more efficient at killing that if you don't mind spending a little, you get way more in return.

I'll be buying new at tax time and getting familiar with it over the summer. So many more places to hunt locally with the bow. The biggest problem is taking time away from the fish from August on. Good luck with the decision.
stripadan is offline   Reply With Quote