Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-01-2021, 03:39 PM   #1
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i fished a ton this year, , if you were referring to me.

and i think it’s funny that someone who clearly thinks that insulting people is devoid of class, is comfortable referring to everyone who disagrees with him, as deplorable. so insults are only ok when you do it.

get over yourself Paul, you like to hurl insults as much as anyone.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
75% of R's believe the election was stolen. Pretty deplorable wouldn't you say?
Old 12-01-2021, 04:17 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
75% of R's believe the election was stolen. Pretty deplorable wouldn't you say?
it’s stupid to believe that, for sure.

stacey abrams, who claims she was robbed of an election victory, is pretty visible and influential
in the democratic party. if fake, baseless claims of
election fraud are deplorable, why haven’t the democrats cast her off? guy can’t embrace those who make fake claims of cheating, and chastise those in the other side who do the same thing Paul. I’m not saying stacey abrams is trump, but she shows up in a lot of lefty circles, and nobody ever asks her to stop making false claims of fraud. as always, it’s ok when democrats do it.

the democrats are trying to convince america that cops are hell bent on assassinating blacks. pretty deplorable, wouldn’t you say?

i’m not saying there aren’t republicans who are repugnant. of course there are. but i can give you as many examples as you’d like, of democrats being equally repugnant.
Old 12-01-2021, 04:38 PM   #3
spence

Quote:
stacey abrams, who claims she was robbed of an election victory, is pretty visible and influential
election fraud are deplorable, why haven’t the democrats cast her off?
She's not making fake, baseless claims of election fraud. She said the election wasn't fair. Her opponent, who as secretary of state at the time managed elections, refused to recuse himself and instead ordered a massive purge of voter rolls after his announcement to run and cancelled pending voter registrations mostly impacting black people a month before the election. This is well established fact.

Doesn't mean she would have won but Kemp's behavior was a serious conflict of interest and I believe a judge ruled some of his office's actions were illegal.
Old 12-01-2021, 04:40 PM   #4
PaulS

Quote:
it’s stupid to believe that, for sure.

election fraud are deplorable, why haven’t the democrats cast her off? guy can’t embrace those who make fake claims of cheating, and chastise those in the other side who do the same thing Paul. I’m not saying stacey abrams is trump, but she shows up in a lot of lefty circles, and nobody ever asks her to stop making false claims of fraud. as always, it’s ok when democrats do it. was it claims of fraud or that voting rolls where purged, etc?

the democrats are trying to convince america that cops are hell bent on assassinating blacks. pretty deplorable, wouldn’t you say? what % of cop shootings are deemed not justified?
There has to be some % that are not justified?

i’m not saying there aren’t republicans who are repugnant. of course there are. but i can give you as many examples as you’d like, of democrats being equally repugnant.
Certainly not 75% or whatever high % it is.

And I could care less how much you fish other than if you like to fish, it is too bad you (or anyone else) doesn't get out more.
Old 12-01-2021, 04:43 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Certainly not 75% or whatever high % it is.

And I could care less how much you fish other than if you like to fish, it is too bad you (or anyone else) doesn't get out more.
sure some cop shootings aren’t justified. but it’s a very low %. and that’s not what gets reported, that’s not what BLM believes or says. You don’t think democrats are throwing cops under the bus for political gain? ,
Old 12-01-2021, 05:06 PM   #6
PaulS

Quote:
sure some cop shootings aren’t justified. but it’s a very low %. and that’s not what gets reported, that’s not what BLM believes or says. You don’t think democrats are throwing cops under the bus for political gain? ,
Throwing cops under the bus for political gain is probably a loser. Defund the police might be the worst campaign slogan ever thought of.
Old 12-01-2021, 05:37 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Throwing cops under the bus for political gain is probably a loser. Defund the police might be the worst campaign slogan ever thought of.
whether it’s a loser or a winner in terms of political outcome, isn’t it a horrible thing to do to cops? don’t they deserve better? and i’m
not saying they deserve to be treated as above accountability. but the data is crystal clear, unjustified shootings are very rare. one is too many, but it’s not an epidemic
Old 12-01-2021, 06:07 PM   #8
PaulS

Quote:
whether it’s a loser or a winner in terms of political outcome, isn’t it a horrible thing to do to cops? don’t they deserve better? and i’m
not saying they deserve to be treated as above accountability. but the data is crystal clear, unjustified shootings are very rare. one is too many, but it’s not an epidemic
I agree it's not epidemic and one is too many but the odds of even an unjustified killing being prosecuted was almost nil and that helped fuel the BLM movement. The pendulum swings both ways
Old 12-01-2021, 05:31 PM   #9
spence

Quote:
sure some cop shootings aren’t justified. but it’s a very low %.
I'm not sure that's a reasonable statement to make. Most police shootings historically have been swept under the rug by the system. It's another reason why states should be required to report actual data.
Old 12-01-2021, 05:35 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I'm not sure that's a reasonable statement to make. Most police shootings historically have been swept under the rug by the system. It's another reason why states should be required to report actual data.
i’m sure you’re not sure, because you’re a thoughtless lemming.

we hear about every questionable cop shooting. they no longer get swept under the rug, the media is all
over it.