Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-05-2016, 06:40 PM   #1
PaulS

But those were different.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 02-05-2016, 07:35 PM   #2
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
But those were different.
Actually they are different. They were not on a privately owned server of a person who was in line to potentially become the next president.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:20 PM   #3
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
Actually they are different. They were not on a privately owned server of a person who was in line to potentially become the next president.
You see PaulS, if you want to become president the rules are different.

That makes, um, sense.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:14 PM   #4
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You see PaulS, if you want to become president the rules are different.

That makes, um, sense.
Who used their own PRIVATE server?
Did they all or just Hillary?

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...nghazi/396182/Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by ecduzitgood; 02-05-2016 at 09:35 PM..
Old 02-05-2016, 09:43 PM   #5
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
Who used their own PRIVATE server?
Did they all or just Hillary?

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...nghazi/396182/Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I knew it was different. So it is ok if you don't use a private server. Got it. Thanks

Last edited by PaulS; 02-05-2016 at 10:21 PM..
Old 02-05-2016, 08:43 PM   #6
detbuch

You see ecduz, if others broke the rules before, it's OK if you do it to.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:29 AM   #7
Nebe

It's the same logic as why there was no investigations into all the deaths from embasy attacks under Bush's watch but the Benghazi moment was treated like the end of the world.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:38 AM   #8
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
It's the same logic as why there was no investigations into all the deaths from embasy attacks under Bush's watch but the Benghazi moment was treated like the end of the world.
you still haven't checked you facts on that after I asked you to 3 or 4 times...see, this is part of the problem
Old 02-06-2016, 10:56 AM   #9
buckman

Quote:
There weren't any .
Old 02-06-2016, 11:44 AM   #10
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
There weren't any .
100% wrong
Old 02-06-2016, 12:17 PM   #11
scottw

Quote:
100% wrong
please check your facts Eben, there were no American Ambassadors killed in embassy attacks or anywhere else that I'm aware of under Bush and I don't believe there were any Americans killed in embassy attacks under Bush

here's a little more....4 Pinnochio's

POLITICS
Fact Checker: Bill Clinton’s ‘Dubious’ Comparison Regarding Benghazi and Bush
Jul. 1, 2014

Former President Bill Clinton wasn’t completely accurate in drawing a parallel between the terrorist attack on the U.S. compound in Benghazi under the watch of his wife, then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and previous attacks on diplomatic outposts.

Even this Liberal Newspaper said Bill Clintons Comments on Benghazi Bush Dubious
Former President Bill Clinton has a discussion with David Gregory of NBC’s “Meet the Press,” during a session of the annual gathering of the Clinton Global Initiative America, at the Sheraton Downtown, in Denver, Tuesday, June 24, 2014.

That’s the conclusion of the Washington Post’s Fact Checker, which gave Clinton two out of four “Pinocchios” for his assertion in a recent interview with NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

“When 10 different instances occurred when President Bush was in office where American diplomatic personnel were killed around the world, how many outraged Republican members of Congress were there?” Clinton asked. “Zero.”

In fact, the Post noted, congressional hearings were held following the deaths of diplomats when George W. Bush was president, even if those cases did not get as much attention from Congress or the media as Benghazi has:

In service of a dubious comparison, Clinton exaggerated when he claimed that there was “zero” Republican outrage about the deaths of Americans under Bush’s watch.

At least one of the deaths led to congressional hearings and a government report. That’s not the same level of attention as the myriad Benghazi probes, but it is more than zero. Moreover, in making his claim, Clinton ignores the similar one-off attacks that have killed diplomatic personnel during Obama’s presidency, making it an unbalanced comparison.

The 10 instances Clinton referenced under Bush are listed on a memorial plaque on the first floor of the State Department, the newspaper said.

In one case, Barbara Green, an employee at the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad, was killed in a hand grenade attack on a church in 2002. The attack prompted a congressional investigation and resulted in a Government Accountability Office report that said the State Department had inadequate safeguards to protect officials when they were outside the embassy perimeter.

“The other question is whether Clinton is comparing apples and oranges. He compares Benghazi to ’10 different instances’ during Bush’s presidency. Benghazi was a single event—an attack on a diplomatic post in which four Americans died. Most of the deaths during Bush’s presidency took place away from the embassy grounds,” the Post noted.

The Post cited four other diplomats killed in Iraq and Afghanistan during the Obama administration.

Last edited by scottw; 02-06-2016 at 02:08 PM..
Old 02-06-2016, 03:22 PM   #12
ecduzitgood
time to go

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ty-china-trip/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ssages-it.html