Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-23-2020, 08:42 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I know at least the NYT has asked and been denied.

Just watched the Rudy scene. Even if it is edited for maximum impact it’s still pretty bad.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
They asked who? For what? I thought they saw enough files to conclude it was all a Russian hoax?

Rudy is a sad shadow of what he used to be, no question.

The guy who came forward yesterday is a formal naval officer who has repeatedly donated to democrats. It's not Sean Hannity making the accusation.

I don't know if any laws were broken, I assume most people (both parties) at this level will look to line their pockets where they can, it's too much temptation. To deny the likelihood that the Bidens did that, reveals blind partisan loyalty.

Spence, you really believe that of all the places on Earth where Hunter could have been given a cushy board position that he had no qualifications for, it's a coincidence that he ended up in Ukraine, where his father was our country's point man? You're saying that's just a coincidence? And all these other charges can't be true?
Old 10-23-2020, 09:58 AM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
The guy who came forward yesterday is a formal naval officer who has repeatedly donated to democrats. It's not Sean Hannity making the accusation.
It sounds like he's just miffed because Hunter tried to ink a deal without him.

Quote:
I don't know if any laws were broken, I assume most people (both parties) at this level will look to line their pockets where they can, it's too much temptation. To deny the likelihood that the Bidens did that, reveals blind partisan loyalty.
I assume you mean your own?

Quote:
Spence, you really believe that of all the places on Earth where Hunter could have been given a cushy board position that he had no qualifications for, it's a coincidence that he ended up in Ukraine, where his father was our country's point man? You're saying that's just a coincidence? And all these other charges can't be true?
Nobody is denying that Burisma was trying to hire prominent public figures to it's board. The white elephant in the room is that there's no evidence of anything illegal or unethical other than some bad optics by Hunter.
Old 10-23-2020, 10:02 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
I assume you mean your own?

Between the 2 of us, who has a history of praising and criticizing both sides? And which one praises their side 100% of the time?
Old 10-23-2020, 10:16 AM   #4
spence

Quote:
Between the 2 of us, who has a history of praising and criticizing both sides? And which one praises their side 100% of the time?
I don't have a "side" I'm an American.
Old 10-23-2020, 10:30 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
I don't have a "side" I'm an American.
Fine. Then I'll ask you for the tenth time, please list some major issues on which you think conservatives are 100% correct, and which you think liberals are 100% wrong.

You and Pete are the most blindly one-sided guys on this forum. I've heard everyone else occasionally praise and criticize both sides. Not you. You fit into the liberal box as perfectly as an idiot like Sean Hannity fits into the conservative box. You are the exact mirror image.

Prove me wrong. Rattle off some meaningful issues on which you think conservatives are 100% correct. Go ahead, mister "I don't have a side". Where the two parties fundamentally disagree, when have you ever sided with republicans?
Old 10-23-2020, 11:06 AM   #6
spence

Quote:
Fine. Then I'll ask you for the tenth time, please list some major issues on which you think conservatives are 100% correct, and which you think liberals are 100% wrong.
I'm not sure you could find that many issues that 100% of conservatives agree with.
Old 10-23-2020, 11:27 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
I'm not sure you could find that many issues that 100% of conservatives agree with.
Obviously you know what I meant, and couldn't come up with a single thing.