Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-10-2021, 02:20 PM   #1
scottw

Vermont keeps setting new records...i hope Pete is double boosted and tripled masked...
Old 12-10-2021, 02:21 PM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

I posted this in April of 2020

How a different democracy did not wait 70 days, but acted immediately, with urgency, direction and achieved different results.

SEOUL - In late January, South Korean health officials summoned representatives from more than 20 medical companies from their lunar New Year celebrations to a conference room tucked inside Seoul’s busy train station.

One of the country’s top infectious disease officials delivered an urgent message: South Korea needed an effective test immediately to detect the novel coronavirus, then running rampant in China. He promised the companies swift regulatory approval.

Though there were only four known cases in South Korea at that point, “we were very nervous. We believed that it could develop into a pandemic,” one attendee, Lee Sang-won, an infectious diseases expert at the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, told Reuters.

“We acted like an army,” he said.

A week after the Jan. 27 meeting, South Korea’s CDC approved one company’s diagnostic test. Another company soon followed. By the end of February, South Korea was making headlines around the world for its drive-through screening centers and ability to test thousands of people daily.

South Korea’s swift action stands in stark contrast to what has transpired in the United States. Seven weeks after the train station meeting, the Koreans have tested well over 290,000 people and identified over 8,000 infections. New cases are falling off: Ninety-three were reported Wednesday, down from a daily peak of 909 two weeks earlier.

The United States, whose first case was detected the same day as South Korea’s, is not even close to meeting demand for testing. About 60,000 tests have been run by public and private labs in a country of 330 million, federal officials said Tuesday.

As a result, U.S. officials don’t fully grasp how many Americans have been infected and where they are concentrated - crucial to containment efforts. While more than 7,000 U.S. cases had been identified as of Wednesday, as many as 96 million people could be infected in coming months, and 480,000 could die, according to a projection prepared for the American Hospital Association by Dr. James Lawler, an infectious disease expert at the University of Nebraska Medical Center.

How the United States fell so far behind South Korea, according to infectious disease experts, clinicians and state and local officials, is a tale of many contrasts in the two nations’ public health systems: a streamlined bureaucracy versus a congested one, bold versus cautious leadership, and a sense of urgency versus a reliance on protocol.

The delayed and chaotic testing in the United States will cost lives, potentially including those of doctors and nurses, many medical experts predict. Already more than 100 people have died overall, and fears of rampant spread have led to extraordinary restrictions on social interaction, upending the U.S. economy, schools, hospitals and everyday life.

The administration of President Donald Trump was tripped up by government rules and conventions, former officials and public health experts say. Instead of drafting the private sector early on to develop tests, as South Korea did, U.S. health officials relied, as is customary, on test kits prepared by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, some of which proved faulty. Then, sticking to its time-consuming vetting procedures, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration didn’t approve tests other than the CDC’s until Feb. 29, more than five weeks after discussions with outside labs had begun.

Meanwhile, in the absence of enough kits, the CDC insisted for weeks on narrow criteria for testing, recommending it only when a person had recently been to China or other hot spots or had contact with someone known to be infected. As a result, the federal government failed to screen an untold number of Americans and missed opportunities to contain the spread, clinicians and public health experts say.

South Korea took a risk, releasing briskly vetted tests, then circling back later to spot check their effectiveness. By contrast, the United States’ FDA said it wanted to ensure, upfront, that the tests were accurate before they went out to millions of Americans.

Meanwhile, nobody in this administration can tell what the plan is beyond having a daily Trump Rally.

Now go ahead and spout the gaslighting baloney that you have bought into about how proactive this administration was regarding anything to do with Covid-19.

Because there is no path to rebuilding the American economy and protecting people from this virus at the current level of testing. And that’s why the lies about tests will be the alpha and omega of Trump’s slow, disastrous response.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-10-2021, 02:49 PM   #3
wdmso

Simple quest Jim did Trump and Biden have the same starting point with Covid y or n

2nd question do you understand how many people were already in the Covid pipe line sick or hospitalized on Jan 6th well on Jan 10 US totals were 208,295 new daily cases. And January has surpassed December as the deadliest month of the coronavirus pandemic in the U.S. so far. in December, when over 77,400 people Died January 79,200

It makes total sense Biden takes office on the 20th and it’s his fault January 2021 the deadliest for Covid Ya ok. Then cases fall off until August then Delta shows up and hits the unvaccinated and we see a spike ,,, by then U.S. administers 386.8 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines - CDC
And yet the 1st dose of vaccine was given out Dec 14 days so clearly the administration is trying to vaccinate the country

385,348 COVID-19 deaths — that means 15 more than the 2020 total. Omg this is the bases of your claim Trump did better based on 15 lives
Wow Trump supporters

but seeing Trump was in charge until the 20th of Jan we should give him an additional 78 thousand deaths it’s only fair he gets the credit.. seeing conservatives are keeping score

Last edited by wdmso; 12-10-2021 at 03:02 PM..
Old 12-10-2021, 03:06 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Simple quest Jim did Trump and Biden have the same starting point with Covid y or n

2nd question do you understand how many people were already in the Covid pipe line sick or hospitalized on Jan 6th well on Jan 10 US totals were 208,295 new daily cases. And January has surpassed December as the deadliest month of the coronavirus pandemic in the U.S. so far. in December, when over 77,400 people Died January 79,200

It makes total sense Biden takes office on the 20th and it’s his fault January 2021 the deadliest for Covid Ya ok. Then cases fall off until August then Delta shows up and hits the unvaccinated and we see a spike ,,, by then U.S. administers 386.8 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines - CDC
And yet the 1st dose of vaccine was given out Dec 14 days so clearly the administration is trying to vaccinate the country

385,348 COVID-19 deaths — that means 15 more than the 2020 total. Omg this is the bases of your claim Trump did better based on 15 lives
Wow Trump supporters
"Simple quest Jim did Trump and Biden have the same starting point with Covid y or n "

N.

Biden had some challenges dumped in hos lap that weren't his fault at all, like the number of sick people that he inherited, the mutations, etc.

Biden also had some distinct advantages over Trump. No one on the planet was prepared for covid in 2020. Biden benefits form the knowledge and experience we gained in that year, and he inherited a well-working infastructure for testing and vaccines.

"It makes total sense Biden takes office on the 20th and it’s his fault January 2021 the deadliest for Covid"

Fair enough. Remove January and February 2021 from the equation. Tell me, in your opinion, when does he start owning the results? Ever? When are they "his" results? Your answer will be, "when the results are awesome".

"And yet the 1st dose of vaccine was given out Dec 14 days so clearly the administration is trying to vaccinate the country "

Trump administration was vaccinating a million people a day, Trump is telling people to get vaccinated, so clearly the previous administration was also trying to get people vaccinated. Shocking you left that fact out.

"that means 15 more than the 2020 total. "
December isn't over yet, this is one of the worst months. And for the tenth time, Trump didn't have time (plus the fact that the most vulnerable have probably already died, we should be left with a healthier population) to vaccinate half the country. That alone, you'd think would drastically reduce deaths. But they haven't.

Half the country is vaccinated, and deaths are increasing.
Old 12-10-2021, 05:32 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

So, is your point that the next variant is nothing to worry about?
800K dead, asking me to change my behavior for the good of my friends and neighbors is violating my constitutional rights so GFY
Amazing
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-10-2021, 05:47 PM   #6
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Unless you are just one stupid mother fu*ker, it’s becoming really clear that getting vaccinated will likely prevent serious illness and death. The entire globe has been struggling to keep ahead of this virus and get more vaccinated to reduce more variants from developing. I don’t know if or when this will be over, it certainly has dramatically shown how vulnerable the entire globe is to something like this. I’m so glad to be retired and able to basically lead a normal life, maybe less dinning out than usual, but I can’t imagine dealing with this in my previous job.
Old 12-10-2021, 05:53 PM   #7
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Unless you are just one stupid mother fu*ker, it’s becoming really clear that getting vaccinated will likely prevent serious illness and death.
You should visit Pete’s therapist and have that checked…,,
Old 12-10-2021, 09:10 PM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Silly girls,
Last night I had dinner with about a dozen friends, average age over 70 and far more conservative than you ne’er do wells.
Consensus was we all took vacinnes for the common good without whining about our rights
Judge for yourself, I don’t have a hard time figuring out who’s full of baloney
Especially when I look at tattoos and hear about fear of needles
Old 12-11-2021, 03:24 AM   #9
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Silly girls,
Last night I had dinner with about a dozen friends, average age over 70 and far more conservative than you ne’er do wells.
Consensus was we all took vacinnes for the common good without whining about our rights
Judge for yourself, I don’t have a hard time figuring out who’s full of baloney
Especially when I look at tattoos and hear about fear of needles
Ok Jussie....
Old 12-11-2021, 03:46 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Ok Jussie....
Sure Tucker…

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-19-2021, 02:16 PM   #11
wdmso

On November 4th, the day after the election, a text from Perry's phone sent to Meadows recommended taking an "aggressive" plan to stop President Joe Biden from being declared the winner.

"Here's an aggressive strategy," the message began. "Why can't Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and other Republican-controlled state houses declare this is B.S. (where conflicts and election not called that night) and just send their own electors to vote."

Antifa must have sent the text
Old 12-19-2021, 02:28 PM   #12
scottw

Quote:

"Here's an aggressive strategy," the message began. "Why can't Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and other Republican-controlled state houses declare this is B.S. (where conflicts and election not called that night) and just send their own electors to vote."

no gunplay mentioned?
Old 12-19-2021, 04:29 PM   #13
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
no gunplay mentioned?
If it had, you still wouldn’t see it as a big deal .
Old 12-19-2021, 05:24 PM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:

you mean, kind of like the way democrats use superdelegates in their primaries?

That way the democrats don’t have to be inconvenienced by, you know, democracy.

I’m so old, I remember the aftermath of the 2016 election, when democrats were urging electors not to cast their votes for Trump.

Boy oh boy, I’d give a shiny new penny to know what you had to say about that at the time.
Old 12-19-2021, 06:16 PM   #15
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

I’m so old, I remember the aftermath of the 2016 election, when democrats were urging electors not to cast their votes for Trump.
I'm older, so you can add 2000 and 2004 to that too......

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-19-2021, 06:27 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I'm older, so you can add 2000 and 2004 to that too......
all of a sudden, democrats are known for their ability to lose gracefully.
Old 12-19-2021, 07:30 PM   #17
wdmso

Quote:
you mean, kind of like the way democrats use superdelegates in their primaries?

That way the democrats don’t have to be inconvenienced by, you know, democracy.

Boy oh boy, I’d give a shiny new penny to know what you had to say about that at the time.
Still keeping the lie alive wow your 1 patriotic American!
Old 12-19-2021, 07:38 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Still keeping the lie alive wow your 1 patriotic American!
what lie am i keeping alive? i’ve sId a thousand times i think got creamed fair and square, and it was largely his own fault..

you’re the one lying, implying that it’s only the gop who can’t admit defeat. tell that to stacey abrams.
Old 12-19-2021, 08:44 PM   #19
wdmso

Quote:
what lie am i keeping alive? i’ve sId a thousand times i think got creamed fair and square, and it was largely his own fault..

you’re the one lying, implying that it’s only the gop who can’t admit defeat. tell that to stacey abrams.
Republicans were able to get two objections formally considered in 2021

How many did the Dems get ZERO

But please keep looking at these issues as if they totally separate and unrelated

It’s called denial
Old 12-19-2021, 07:30 PM   #20
wdmso

President Joe Biden has done a “horrible job” against COVID-19 — and one reason people are refusing to take the vaccine is because they don’t trust him, former President Donald Trump says in a new interview.

Trump also explained why he never fired infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci, who was a leader of the White House Coronavirus Task Force — arguing that he just simply ignored his advice.
Old 12-19-2021, 07:40 PM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
President Joe Biden has done a “horrible job” against COVID-19 — and one reason people are refusing to take the vaccine is because they don’t trust him, former President Donald Trump says in a new interview.

Trump also explained why he never fired infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci, who was a leader of the White House Coronavirus Task Force — arguing that he just simply ignored his advice.
Biden inherited wide scale testing and vaccination. he also inherited a years worth of global experience and knowledge. yet deaths are up. if increased deaths isn’t the sign of a bad job, i’d sure hate to see what you’d call a bad job.

“But Trump!!!”.

Every single time Biden screws up, your reaction is “ but Trump”.

What are you afraid would happen if you just admitted Biden made some huge mistakes? why do you have to pretend Biden is flawless?

Old 12-19-2021, 08:49 PM   #22
wdmso

Quote:
Biden inherited wide scale testing and vaccination. he also inherited a years worth of global experience and knowledge. yet deaths are up. if increased deaths isn’t the sign of a bad job, i’d sure hate to see what you’d call a bad job.

“But Trump!!!”.

Every single time Biden screws up, your reaction is “ but Trump”.

What are you afraid would happen if you just admitted Biden made some huge mistakes? why do you have to pretend Biden is flawless?

Who said But Trump? These are his statements your stable genius

And The Biden administration is failing on testing …big time . Just go try to get one near impossible in a timely fashion
Old 12-20-2021, 07:14 AM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
Who said But Trump?
you did. You questioned why anyone could say biden has done a horrible
job with the virus, i listed a few reasons why someone conclude that, and you immediately responded with “Trump is bad.”

read your post.
Old 12-20-2021, 07:17 AM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Who said But Trump? These are his statements your stable genius

And The Biden administration is failing on testing …big time . Just go try to get one near impossible in a timely fashion
it is just about impossible to get one here near Hartford, within 24 hours. didn’t used to be.

i’m not saying that’s biden’s fault. but it’s absolutely true.

i found out yesterday, that the doctor i saw last week, tested positive, so i should test. soonest i could get was tuesday. i looked yesterday ( sunday) couldn’t get a test until
tuesday. that’s a fact whether you like it or not.
Old 12-20-2021, 08:13 AM   #25
wdmso

Quote:
it is just about impossible to get one here near Hartford, within 24 hours. didn’t used to be.

i’m not saying that’s biden’s fault. but it’s absolutely true.

i found out yesterday, that the doctor i saw last week, tested positive, so i should test. soonest i could get was tuesday. i looked yesterday ( sunday) couldn’t get a test until
tuesday. that’s a fact whether you like it or not.
its Bidens fault they sat on their hands and got complacent like many Americans Have. was in walmart maybe 50/50 split on masks and with all the experts telling Americans what's coming and seems many have tuned out

"This Omicron variant is extraordinarily contagious. It's as contagious as measles, and that's about the most contagious virus that we've seen,

still People like Sarah Palin when she had covid said "I strongly encourage everyone to use common sense to avoid spreading this and every other virus out there," and reported her dad got his 2nd shot

But now she's claiming Natural immunity is the key .. to her followers

“It’ll be over my dead body that I’ll have to get a shot. I will not do it. I won’t do it, and they better not touch my kids, either.”

odd all but one of her kids is an adult
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	infographic-measles-contagious.png
Views:	86
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	68630  
Old 12-19-2021, 11:29 PM   #26
Pete F.
Canceled

Sarah Palin showed up at Turning Point USA in Phoenix this morning to tell that crowd “it will be over my dead body” that she gets vaccinated. Then she encourages others to “stiffen their spines” and fight back. “There is an empowerment in a group like this where we can kind of feed off each other.”

But mainstream republicans aren’t anti vacc
Old 12-20-2021, 08:52 AM   #27
Jim in CT

wdmso, in highly vaccinated maine, 59% of covid deaths in october, were people who were fully vaccinated.

Maine senator susan collins asked Faucci why that is, he had no answer, because he’s an empty suit idiot who is waaay too caught up in his own celebrity.

the #^&#^&#^&#^& isn’t a billet proof vest. it’s a lot better then nothing. but it’s not what we need. we need something better.

https://edfolsomlaw.com/2021/10/brea...s-10-15-10-22/
Old 12-20-2021, 09:35 AM   #28
wdmso

Quote:
wdmso, in highly vaccinated maine, 59% of covid deaths in october, were people who were fully vaccinated.

Maine senator susan collins asked Faucci why that is, he had no answer, because he’s an empty suit idiot who is waaay too caught up in his own celebrity.

the #^&#^&#^&#^& isn’t a billet proof vest. it’s a lot better then nothing. but it’s not what we need. we need something better.

https://edfolsomlaw.com/2021/10/brea...s-10-15-10-22/
Dr. Fauci has been NIAID director during six presidencies, including Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Barrack Obama and Donald Trump. He has testified before the U.S. Congress about every major public health crisis since 1984, including HIV/AIDS, Ebola, anthrax, and COVID-19.

because he’s an empty suit idiot who is waaay too caught up in his own celebrity. ya ok keep up the smear campaign and attacks on intellectuals.. as if you would or the maga universe would believe the next guy

funny Jim i watch the clip and heard his answer which was over a month ago I am curious . what should he have said ?

breakthrough COVID-19 deaths of the fully vaccinated were 13 of Maine’s 22 deaths

Maine Hospitalization Data as of yesterday

The Maine CDC reported a record 384 Mainers were in the hospital with COVID-19 as of Sunday. Of those, a pandemic record-high of 133 are in an intensive care unit, up from Saturday's count of 115. 68 patients were on a ventilator on Sunday.

There were 51 ICU beds available statewide, including 11 pediatric. no data on vax status or underlying issues

“This is clearly a surge of the unvaccinated,” said Dr. Joan Boomsma, chief medical officer for MaineHealth, which operates a network of 10 hospitals, including Maine Medical Center in Portland. he must not be Truthful when he said This is clearly a surge of the unvaccinated ?

l Just look at Michigan seems they are having a similar trend Please note the Michigan example shows those with underlying conditions The Maine example is just a number and incomplete

it funny how the right is somehow trying to focus on breaktru infections not the unvaccinated Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), said last week, “We know — and the data is very clear at this point — covid vaxxes are not preventing infection.” Nov 18

“The vaccinated can spread the virus as efficiently as anybody else,” Carlson claimed. “So what is the justification for these mandates at this point?”

Berenson responded that “there’s just no evidence that the vaccines halt infection or transmission in any way.”

“the vaccine does not prevent you from getting covid and does not prevent you from transmitting covid.” so in a nutshell why get the vaccine

The vaccines are effective at preventing serious illness and death, but they are not a golden shield against the coronavirus. this has been the messaging from day one unless your a republican

Last edited by wdmso; 12-20-2021 at 10:01 AM..
Old 12-20-2021, 11:21 AM   #29
spence

Quote:
because he’s an empty suit idiot who is waaay too caught up in his own celebrity.
Are you trying to make yourself look stupid?
Old 12-20-2021, 11:56 AM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Are you trying to make yourself look stupid?
Faucci works in an office with a huge, massive, oil painting of, wait for it…himself.

that’s not narcissistic.

he’s a moron who has flip flopped on almost every single issue related to this virus, and who obviously misled the world about the NIH funding the lab where it most likely originated from.