Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 07-23-2016, 10:08 PM   #1
WESTPORTMAFIA

And if Dartmouth doesn't do a family permit then anyone digging needs their own license.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
WESTPORTMAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:32 AM   #2
Rmarsh

Thanks Jay.....I'll see if I can add her name.

Went again yesterday.... did pretty good ....told my helpers to find them and alert me and I will put them in the basket..Cant be any laws against that. If there is it's total bullspit anyway.

We would like to dig for softshell or steamer clams, just not sure where to find them.

Next year I'm going to try Westport.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:11 PM   #3
WESTPORTMAFIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
Thanks Jay.....I'll see if I can add her name.

Went again yesterday.... did pretty good ....told my helpers to find them and alert me and I will put them in the basket..Cant be any laws against that. If there is it's total bullspit anyway.

We would like to dig for softshell or steamer clams, just not sure where to find them.

Next year I'm going to try Westport.
I'll show you where to get them in the river
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
WESTPORTMAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:35 AM   #4
Clammer

WEST ,going way back . in Swansea we got a family permit for like $5 ,,,,,,can,t remember what commercial was.But I remember having a bed permit .assigned number which had to be on all bags & it was only good in Swansea .

In RI you don,t need a permit to dig in RI just be a resident & obey the rec. requirements ,if checked /your license is your proof ..............that is for anywhere in the state / Not sure on Block Island . they have their own rules.
Commercial license you can dig in any open area in RI . Except Block island .......... what grows in B/I is for B/islandsers.........But I do remember many years ago that they had it dredge because there were too many & dieing off .yet when diggers ran from the point in 16' wooden skiffs they were thrown out

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote