Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List Arcade Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » How To's, F.A.Q.s, Tips, & Tricks » Popular How-To threads

Popular How-To threads Favorite How-To threads from other parts of the boards that we recommend people read (especially novices) when an answer to a common question is needed...

Old 08-22-2002, 07:39 PM   #1
capesams
Really Old & Really Grumpy

batson enterprises, inc.
sequim.wa

batson@olypen.com,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ask for bob batson,,,,owner

877-875-2381........t/free#

please be pleasent when calling,,,,,,,,they are.......thanks

OH... by the way, I use to build on pb too[old ones] the new ones are alittle to muschie now, thats why I use mr. batsons blanks, there like the old pb.....been buildin sticks fa 29 yrs..

Last edited by capesams; 08-22-2002 at 07:48 PM..

BOAT fish do count.
capesams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 07:56 PM   #2
capesams

SALTHEART....hope all is well......how many would you like to have, got lots ta play with. Saw your work around here somewhere[pic] nice job.

BOAT fish do count.
Old 08-23-2002, 07:00 AM   #3
capesams

SPEC. YOUR 1 lucky dog,,,,,,,All I get is "get that thing outta here",,,,,,,,,ah want a trade?

SALTHEART:
Love ta get together some time ta swap spit. I like maken rods for the workin man. most say I give my work away. which may very well be true.but they enjoyem more than the 1's with lot's of $.

BOAT fish do count.
Old 08-21-2002, 02:56 PM   #4
D Blizard Jr
"Bliz"

you're right John...

I agree with you John!

I recently caught my thumb while powercasting mono on a conventional reel, and I would hate to think of what would have happened if my thumb got pulled in on a braided line!!!

The strength & diameter on braid is great, but I think that it is not a wise choice to use on a conventional reel from shore.

Although braid is good for spinning reels... I personally wouldn't recommend using it for surfcasting on a conventional reel.

Mono works just fine & is much safer!!!

><))))o> D.Blizard <o))))><

I would much rather be fishing
right now than writing this!!!!!
D Blizard Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 05:32 PM   #5
Justfishin'

Wink Eel rod

Hey FWW! No one has mentioned rods built on Pac-Bay/Sabre blanks- They're U.S. made and pretty affordable. I built a really nice eel'lin rod on a P.P/S #IGSC1207 that I cropped to 9'6" and mounted a Penn 525 to. The graphite rod is very sensitive so you can really feel when your about to get a hit- the eels start to shiver. The only problem is that I have to teach the eels French because the rod casts so far.......... Anyway I still use a Lami SSB 1362 a lot for spinning in the suds...It really rockets them out there and the blank weighs 8.75 ozs.-not an awful lot. Go to a custom shop- they'll be happy to let you try different rods out.....Work Stinks- FISH!
Justfishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 06:43 PM   #6
Justfishin'

Question China?

Capesams. are they B.S'n me?. My Pac Bay/Sabre blank was imprinted " Proudly made in the U.S.A ". So does their catalog. Where did you get your info?. If they lied to me , I'll raise hell! Check their page at www.fishpacbay.com.

Last edited by Justfishin'; 08-21-2002 at 06:48 PM..
Old 08-22-2002, 05:52 PM   #7
Justfishin'

Unhappy Had again?

Capescams, I will get to the bottom of this crap, trust me . Any way, I've been building rods for about 10-12 yrs. now and I've sold several rods on Pac Bay 'US' blanks- and I don't like being a liar. The Orvis ( and others) 'we'll replace it free' scam is'nt news to me .When someone demands an unconditional guarantee from me,I won't build them a rod- they're looking to abuse it. Abuse isn't what fishing is about-It's about learning to get along with our planet. Anyway ,nobody has had any problems with the P.B. rods-but I am going to give my wholesaler and PB a call. Who do you get your Rainshadows from? By the way, I don't use PB components-I know they're Taiwanese (or the like) Work Stinks....FISH!!!!