Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » DIY - Forum

DIY - Forum Do It Yourself for Non-Fishing Items

Old 03-06-2023, 03:38 PM   #1
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I had a well known local guy over to give me an estimate on a bathroom remodel. He simply replied 40k. I asked for something written with a rough breakdown of the costs, he gave me a piece of paper that said “remodel bathroom 40k.”
$40K?
Are you putting a 24K gold #^&#^&#^&#^&ter in?
We had ours redone after a plumbing leak, all but sheetrock, added a vent fan (there wasn't one) mid-range very nice but not highest end tile, countertop, full glass wall/tiled walk-in shower with the pebble floor/bench etc. and it was sub $20K....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 04:32 PM   #2
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
$40K?
We had ours redone after a plumbing leak, all but sheetrock, added a vent fan (there wasn't one) mid-range very nice but not highest end tile, countertop, full glass wall/tiled walk-in shower with the pebble floor/bench etc. and it was sub $20K....
I have a good idea of what is involved to do the job you are describing, as well as all the things you are not including.... If this was a permitted job, with a plumber and electrician, your number is light, or you did some of the demo and install yourself. 2013, sure I could see it. Not today....

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 05:34 PM   #3
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
I have a good idea of what is involved to do the job you are describing, as well as all the things you are not including.... If this was a permitted job, with a plumber and electrician, your number is light, or you did some of the demo and install yourself. 2013, sure I could see it. Not today....
Fully permitted. 2019/early 2020.
Total was 19 and change.

Use a well-known local contractor and had to wait an extra couple weeks to get the good tile guy. Otherwise project went fine.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by RIROCKHOUND; 03-06-2023 at 05:42 PM..

Bryan

"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 03-06-2023, 06:16 PM   #4
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
$40K?
That included a second story shed dormer, custom shower, rerouting plumbing etc…I ended up signing a contract with another builder for 33k but killed the project when things went south.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 06:42 PM   #5
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
That included a second story shed dormer, custom shower, rerouting plumbing etc…I ended up signing a contract with another builder for 33k but killed the project when things went south.
That makes more sense… we didn’t alter the exterior and had the plumbing in place mostly.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Bryan