Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sportsman's Talk

Sportsman's Talk New forum for other outdoor sports. Hunting, shooting, archery, and everything else that has you crawling around with the bugs...

Old 11-29-2007, 03:27 PM   #1
outnumbered
Registered Papa

Otis Mass Military Deer Count

The deer count for Otis has been extremely low this year, 28 day 1, 3 Day 2, 4 day 3 and today we saw very little.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is?

Are the rest of the deer areas in the state also this slow this year or are they normal for the time of year.

Quote:
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"
outnumbered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 08:50 AM   #2
mikecc
Plug Builder in Training

My friends went on Opening day 11 of them . They shot 5 Coyotes no deer thats your reason

mikecc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 12:45 PM   #3
thortum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecc View Post
My friends went on Opening day 11 of them . They shot 5 Coyotes no deer thats your reason
Unless they changed the law this year, it's illegal to hunt anything else, other than waterfowl on the coast during the deer shotgun season. You may be able to also hunt waterfowl from a blind inland? I forget.

Last edited by thortum; 12-01-2007 at 12:56 PM..
thortum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:53 PM   #4
Bernzy

New regs.

The coyote hunting season was expanded by 5 weeks. This expanded coyote hunting season will begin the first Saturday after Columbus Day and end on March 8 of the following year. For 2007, the hunting season will begin October 13, 2007 and end on March 8, 2008.
It will also be legal to hunt coyotes during the shotgun season for deer, beginning in the 2007 deer season. Hunters will have to comply with regulations pertaining to shotgun deer season, such as: hunting hours (1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset), wearing blaze orange and using only shotguns, muzzleloaders, or archery equipment. Previously, only deer and waterfowl could be hunted during the shotgun season for deer.

Bernzy

"Sometimes you eat the bear and, well, sometimes... the bear, he eats you." _____________________
Support your S-B sponsors
--------------------------------------
Bernzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:02 PM   #5
thortum

[QUOTE=Bernzy;544954]New regs.

[The coyote hunting season ...................] Thanks for the info Bernzy. I new that the season was extended but wasn't too sure about the rest of it [too lazy to look it up]. How come you are on top of our regulations? Your quite a distance from us.
thortum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:36 AM   #6
Bernzy

I grew up in Mass. I still get back once in a while to hunt with my Bro and buddies.

bernzy

"Sometimes you eat the bear and, well, sometimes... the bear, he eats you." _____________________
Support your S-B sponsors
--------------------------------------
Bernzy is offline   Reply With Quote