Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #1
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

I can only tell you what the poll said.
Having said that even if it was only the over 60's, that were fed up and retired, there still wouldn't be enough Docs to fill the breech.

" Choose Life "
Old 09-18-2009, 12:41 PM   #2
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
I can only tell you what the poll said.
Having said that even if it was only the over 60's, that were fed up and retired, there still wouldn't be enough Docs to fill the breech.
There aren't enough doctors now in most areas with current demand. Some primary care physicians see over 100 patients in a day.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:50 PM   #3
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
There aren't enough doctors now in most areas with current demand. Some primary care physicians see over 100 patients in a day.
I've said this before. Most good doctors coming out of med school now, go into research because of the cost of malpractice insurance. Being a doctor isn't as glamorous as tv makes it out to be. Would you want to spend all day looking at lesions on peoples skin, or looking down someones throat while they're coughing all over you? Or better yet, how about having to tell parents that thier kid has a terminal illness. Most medical jobs, as people like JD who have worked in the field can attest, suck. And the money in being a doctor isn't what it used to be.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 09-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #4
Joe

My sister's boyfriend is a 60 year old doctor - his average face time with a patient is 7 mins.
He gets $150 minimum for an office visit. His hobby is collecting cars.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:41 PM   #5
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
It will only get worse under Obama Care. I saw a poll that had 45% of Doctors leaving the practice if this passes.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:43 PM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
It will only get worse under Obama Care. I saw a poll that had 45% of Doctors leaving the practice if this passes.
You Lie!

-spence
Old 09-18-2009, 02:48 PM   #7
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You Lie!

-spence

You've just been rebuked. Now go and say hi to Mr. Wilson for me while you're in SC.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 09-18-2009, 03:02 PM   #8
Joe

Yeah, and don't forget to tack up a Confederate Flag behind the stinky sofa of your double-wide at the Extended Stay Trailer Park - and bring us back some fireworks and tax free smokes.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:30 PM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
You've just been rebuked. Now go and say hi to Mr. Wilson for me while you're in SC.
I've actually been in Greenville, SC all day

-spence
Old 09-18-2009, 05:02 PM   #10
Joe

While you're in SC, stick a rainbow decal on one side of the bumper of your rented car and an Obama/Biden on the other and see how long it takes the cops to drag you out to an onion field and shoot your commie as_