Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 07-19-2020, 06:27 PM   #1
Jenn

Spring 2019 I started a new job in a Farm & Home, garden, pet supply warehouse. Spring is the busy season so I new what to expect this year. NOTHING could have prepared me for this spring! Supply chain is messed up on so many levels! I shook my head in the early stages when people hoarded toilet paper....then it hit my industry....people started hoarding pet food potting soil..then fertilizer plants hadto shut down etc. supply chains bottle neck. It's not just because stores dont have things...its because they cant get things!

Simplify.......
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 07:05 PM   #2
Slipknot
Super Moderator

UPS has screwed me on a hardware kit for a Murphy bed that I cannot begin to make until I have it. Tuesday will be 2 weeks. The company supposedly put in a request for investigation after I called last Monday asking why my 85 pound package was last checked in at Brockton at 7:30 AM and nothing since. I can't get a replacement until 8 days is up unless I want to pay another grand for another one so that ain't happening. So while I wait I am catching up with home projects while not earning a living as my next job is lined up after this. The incompetence is par for the course these days. It getting tiring constantly solving and working around issues from no fault of mine but I keep going and try to do as much as I can myself.
I was putting off replacing the bulkhead and stairs to the basement so that came the day I thought I was getting the wall bed hardware. Last weekendI picked up some mortar and blocks and I torn off the old then set a course of 4" block since my old one was narrower and shorter I had to cantilever the end blocks a few inches. It came out great. I managed to get the last 3 2x10' and 2x12's P.T. at Mid-Cape on Monday.

Some cleaning stuff is beginning to get back in stores but it is slow.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote