Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-06-2021, 04:19 PM   #1
Jim in CT

conservatives are finally acting the way liberals have claimed they’ve been acting. and it ain’t pretty. and trump was an unbelievable jerk about it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-06-2021, 04:23 PM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
conservatives are finally acting the way liberals have claimed they’ve been acting. and it ain’t pretty. and trump was an unbelievable jerk about it.
These people are in no way conservatives.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:40 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
These people are in no way conservatives.
i think a lot of them think they are.

i didn’t think the last days would be like this. i couldn’t have been more wrong.

i don’t see how a republican gets elected outside of a real right wing state for a long time. all
the democrats need to do is hang onto large scale mail in voting, and/or give voting rights to non citizens, and poof, that’s it.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:43 PM   #4
scottw

Quote:

i don’t see how a republican gets elected outside of a real right wing state for a long time. all
the democrats need to do is hang onto large scale mail in voting, and/or give voting rights to non citizens, and poof, that’s it.
Yup. They can make up all the votes they need
Old 01-06-2021, 04:43 PM   #5
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
i think a lot of them think they are.

i didn’t think the last days would be like this. i couldn’t have been more wrong.

The republicans running against Trump in 2016 warned the party what Trump was and Trump's legacy won't be (sorry SD) that he is the greatest president of all time, it will be the he single handedly brought the republican party to it's demise.
Old 01-06-2021, 05:20 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
The republicans running against Trump in 2016 warned the party what Trump was and Trump's legacy won't be (sorry SD) that he is the greatest president of all time, it will be the he single handedly brought the republican party to it's demise.
before last night, i’d have said that was nonsense. now, i have no argument. none. except it’s not him that will be the demise, it’s the democrats willingness to change things to guarantee they prevail ( letting non citizens vote, stacking courts, etc).
Old 01-06-2021, 05:25 PM   #7
scottw

Quote:
before last night, i’d have said that was nonsense. now, i have no argument. none. except it’s not him that will be the demise, it’s the democrats willingness to change things to guarantee they prevail ( letting non citizens vote, stacking courts, etc).
look on the bright side...when the democrats have power they lose their minds and go WAYYY too far...that will happen...should be entertaining and provide lot's of material
Old 01-06-2021, 05:44 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
look on the bright side...when the democrats have power they lose their minds and go WAYYY too far...that will happen...should be entertaining and provide lot's of material
that’s typically true. but if they give voting rights to non citizens, there’s no such thing as going too far, because jen you’ve shifted the electorate to the left. it’s not something obama would have done. i can’t see why they wouldn’t do it now. nor can i see the way to overcome that, combined with the media.
Old 01-06-2021, 07:21 PM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Who just spent 6 years on court stacking?
Not confirming during the Obama administration and then putting anyone who seems to be on the right regardless of their qualifications and then you repeat the right wing trope of letting non citizens vote.
Your man just tried to deny American voters their choice in a free and fair election, far too many prominent Trumplicans were willing to abet him and cheer him on.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin