Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-22-2022, 07:29 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Audio shows Kevin McCarthy planned to urge Trump to resign after Capitol riots

In the recorded conversation, McCarthy, a Republican, said that he didn't believe Trump would voluntarily step down, and contemplated rallying Congress to have him impeached a second time, saying that he believed the measure would pass both the House and Senate.

"I'm seriously thinking of having that conversation with him tonight," McCarthy said. "From what I know of him — I mean, you guys know him too — do you think he would ever back away?"

Trump supporters are completely gullible. And Kevin’s response proves it.

Man before country
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
i agree with you, it’s amazing how flawed trump is.

And yet…

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...2024-matchups/

All the democrats need to do, is what Bill Clinton did…move a little bit towards the center. But they don’t seem to be able to. For reasons i don’t pretend to understand, it seems they’d rather follow AOC like a bunch of woke lemmings, right off the progressive cliff.

a truly moderate democrat would win 40 states. 40. but they can’t do it.
Old 04-22-2022, 08:00 AM   #2
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i agree with you, it’s amazing how flawed trump is.

And yet…

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...2024-matchups/

All the democrats need to do, is what Bill Clinton did…move a little bit towards the center. But they don’t seem to be able to. For reasons i don’t pretend to understand, it seems they’d rather follow AOC like a bunch of woke lemmings, right off the progressive cliff.

a truly moderate democrat would win 40 states. 40. but they can’t do it.

This is more about Kevins response to the audio than Trump ..

It just solidifies my view of Republican hypocrisy and dishonesty . And their voters willingness to look the other way when faced with solid evidence. To keep power

But the cult at best will see this audio as Kevin willing to sell out Trump. And throw him into the Rino pile because it’s easier than seeing Trump for what he is.. rather then admit they have be played ..

Hell the majority of the GOP base are punch drunk on Disney grooming children or calling anyone who criticize their policy’s as pedophiles

The accusation of Biden being a pedo is well versed on the right

Allegations of child sex molestation are a prominent part of the QAnon conspiracy theory that suggests a "deep state" is working against President Trump’s success.

Now it’s mainstream GOP

Another example

Trump-backing Newsmax TV host John Cardillo seemed to suggest in a tweet that Joe Biden was committing some kind of incestuous taboo by showing affection for his adult son. “Does this look like an appropriate father/son interaction to you?” he tweeted, along with a photo of Biden hugging Hunter and kissing his cheek.

What’s happened to the part of principal? It’s all jerry springer all the time !
Old 04-22-2022, 08:13 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
This is more about Kevins response to the audio than Trump ..

It just solidifies my view of Republican hypocrisy and dishonesty . And their voters willingness to look the other way when faced with solid evidence. To keep power

But the cult at best will see this audio as Kevin willing to sell out Trump. And throw him into the Rino pile because it’s easier than seeing Trump for what he is.. rather then admit they have be played ..

Hell the majority of the GOP base are punch drunk on Disney grooming children or calling anyone who criticize their policy’s as pedophiles

The accusation of Biden being a pedo is well versed on the right

Allegations of child sex molestation are a prominent part of the QAnon conspiracy theory that suggests a "deep state" is working against President Trump’s success.

Now it’s mainstream GOP

Another example

Trump-backing Newsmax TV host John Cardillo seemed to suggest in a tweet that Joe Biden was committing some kind of incestuous taboo by showing affection for his adult son. “Does this look like an appropriate father/son interaction to you?” he tweeted, along with a photo of Biden hugging Hunter and kissing his cheek.

What’s happened to the part of principal? It’s all jerry springer all the time !
so only republicans vote for flawed
candidates. the party of the clintons and the kennedy’s and john edwards ( cheating on his wife who had cancer) is as pure as the virgin snow.

very convenient for you.

That’s the hypocrisy.

When Clinton was president, democrats all said to ignore his personal life, and focus on his public policy. i actually thought that was a good idea. and that’s what i do.

When a bad democrat is in office, that’s ok. but republicans are only supposed to nominate truly good people.

and when we do, the entire left calls them racist hatemongers anyway, so what’s the point.

i dont care how my company’s ceo lives his life, how he treats his wife, etc. i care that he’s good at his job.

same with my potus. character would be nice, but nowhere near as important as results.

now, trumps lack of character is a different shade than anything we ever saw previously for sure. But hilary is as dishonest, mean, and corrupt as they come. so let’s not pretend character was anywhere on the ballot in 2016. it was a choice of two truly reprehensible people. but you only care about one of them not being principled. hilarys lack of ethics is totally fine.

that’s hypocrisy too.
Old 04-22-2022, 02:49 PM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
so only republicans vote for flawed
candidates. the party of the clintons and the kennedy’s and john edwards ( cheating on his wife who had cancer) is as pure as the virgin snow.

very convenient for you.

That’s the hypocrisy.

When Clinton was president, democrats all said to ignore his personal life, and focus on his public policy. i actually thought that was a good idea. and that’s what i do.

When a bad democrat is in office, that’s ok. but republicans are only supposed to nominate truly good people.

and when we do, the entire left calls them racist hatemongers anyway, so what’s the point.

i dont care how my company’s ceo lives his life, how he treats his wife, etc. i care that he’s good at his job.

same with my potus. character would be nice, but nowhere near as important as results.

now, trumps lack of character is a different shade than anything we ever saw previously for sure. But hilary is as dishonest, mean, and corrupt as they come. so let’s not pretend character was anywhere on the ballot in 2016. it was a choice of two truly reprehensible people. but you only care about one of them not being principled. hilarys lack of ethics is totally fine.

that’s hypocrisy too.
Your version of flawed is flawed

But but Hilary lack of ethics love your examples oh wait you didn’t provide any
Old 04-22-2022, 03:20 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Your version of flawed is flawed

But but Hilary lack of ethics love your examples oh wait you didn’t provide any
so you’re not aware of any of hillary’s imperfections unless i list them.

she married a sexual predator

she lied to defend him ( said he was being framed by the vast right wing conspiracy)

she went on national tv and slut shamed his victims, calling them looney tunes.

lied about what was on her server

lied about coming under sniper fire on an overseas trip. when video showed she was lying through her teeth, Bill said she misremembered because she was tired.

called half the country deplorable.

talks ebonics when in a room of blacks.

when americans dies in benghazi, she lied about it being a spontaneous response to a video made by an american citizen. She blamed an american citizen for what happened.

claimed that Tulsi Gabbard was some kind of Russian asset. Of course, no one asked her to back that up.

but none of that matters, she’s a democrat.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-22-2022 at 03:38 PM..