Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

View Poll Results: What the hell should we do?
Get out now!! 1 3.70%
Send mre troops and beat them down, even if we draft? 11 40.74%
Throw it on the United Nations Lap. Thats what they there for. 7 25.93%
Impeach Bush and charge him and Chenny and Rummy with war crimes 8 29.63%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2006, 09:25 AM   #1
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripersnipr View Post
Some people probably also think that conceding defeat in Iraq as a form of punishment to Bush is not the right to do for the country. But on the other hand some people probably think that conceding defeat as a form of punishment to Bush is critical to their cause at any cost.
Is that all you've got?

Yes, Americans by and large want us to loose. What a crock...

-spence
Old 12-14-2006, 09:32 AM   #2
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Is that all you've got?

Yes, Americans by and large want us to loose. What a crock...

-spence
By and large? Nope, I dont think so. Only those who think charging a sitting President with war Crimes in the midst of a war.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:51 AM   #3
spence

Quote:
By and large? Nope, I dont think so. Only those who think charging a sitting President with war Crimes in the midst of a war.
So in a time of war all accountability should be suspended?

For a war that we know won't have an end?

This makes no sense.

Bush's duty is to defend the US Constitution...He's not King.

-spence
Old 12-14-2006, 10:13 AM   #4
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
For a war that we know won't have an end?

-spence
Fortunately the guys I know in Iraq past and present don't consider themselves part of your "we".
Old 12-14-2006, 09:59 AM   #5
Skitterpop

Quote:

War crimes .... they do it and its a crime .... we do it in the name of God and Democracy and its not? .... this lack of self observance with objective honesty has always puzzled me about America.

Good health and family
Old 12-14-2006, 12:54 PM   #6
Skip N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitterpop View Post
War crimes .... they do it and its a crime .... we do it in the name of God and Democracy and its not? .... this lack of self observance with objective honesty has always puzzled me about America.
Pick up a book on the Holocaust if you wanna see war crimes and crimes against humanity. Read up on the Bataan death march and what the Japs did to Americans. You'll see real war crimes there, not you're silly make believe war crimes.

I don't think GWB is out looking to round up and slaughter random civilians. Please show me the proof of where GWB ORDERED the murder and exececution of innocent people? And innocents killed during battle is not a war crime you know. I want you to show me proof of when GWB ordered the murder and slaughter of random innocents just becasue he could.

The 7 people who voted to charge Bush with war crimes in this stupid poll are freakin idiots. You guys are clueless! Read some history and you'll see what war crimes truly are.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-14-2006, 04:34 PM   #7
Skitterpop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip N View Post
Pick up a book on the Holocaust if you wanna see war crimes and crimes against humanity. Read up on the Bataan death march and what the Japs did to Americans. You'll see real war crimes there, not you're silly make believe war crimes.

I don't think GWB is out looking to round up and slaughter random civilians. Please show me the proof of where GWB ORDERED the murder and exececution of innocent people? And innocents killed during battle is not a war crime you know. I want you to show me proof of when GWB ordered the murder and slaughter of random innocents just becasue he could.

The 7 people who voted to charge Bush with war crimes in this stupid poll are freakin idiots. You guys are clueless! Read some history and you'll see what war crimes truly are.

How about Shock and Awe Skip..... get your head out of Patriotic Drivel and look around... you never suprise me with your deeply slanted perspective.... wake up kid.

Good health and family
Old 12-14-2006, 04:58 PM   #8
stripersnipr

Quote:
How about Shock and Awe Skip..... get your head out of Patriotic Drivel and look around... you never suprise me with your deeply slanted perspective.... wake up kid.
All this from a guy who refers to Democracy as Demonocracy.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:08 PM   #9
Skitterpop

Quote:
All this from a guy who refers to Democracy as Demonocracy.

Only when we try to force feed it into a country that has no interest in it.

Good health and family
Old 12-14-2006, 05:03 PM   #10
stripersnipr

Quote:
Wow you must be privy to some real secret stuff because this is the first time I've heard of civilians being targeted by America in Iraq including the shock and awe campaign which targeted strictly Government and Military Targets. That probably bums you out huh?
Old 12-14-2006, 08:10 PM   #11
Skitterpop

Quote:
Wow you must be privy to some real secret stuff because this is the first time I've heard of civilians being targeted by America in Iraq including the shock and awe campaign which targeted strictly Government and Military Targets. That probably bums you out huh?

If you believe that because we targeted only military sites that no civilians were killed in the massive bombings then good for you but you are wrong.

Good health and family
Old 12-16-2006, 01:49 PM   #12
Skip N

Quote:
Just for the record Skitter, this was your response to my post when i described what i believed real war crimes were, holocaust, bataan death march etc.

So you respond to that post with your above comments, basiclly implying that shock and awe should be considered with the real war crimes i mentioned.

So how am i twisting your statements again?? Its pretty clear what you were implying, that sock and awe should be considered a war crime.

How am i misquoting you again!?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-16-2006, 02:12 PM   #13
spence

Quote:
Just for the record Skitter, this was your response to my post when i described what i believed real war crimes were, holocaust, bataan death march etc.
Skipper-lou,

A war crime is any violation of the laws of war. It's not just the really big stuff...

-spence
Old 12-16-2006, 04:54 PM   #14
Skitterpop

Quote:

So you respond to that post with your above comments, basiclly implying that shock and awe should be considered with the real war crimes i mentioned.

So how am i twisting your statements again?? Its pretty clear what you were implying, that sock and awe should be considered a war crime.

How am i misquoting you again!?

Implying that civilians were killed is not saying Bush should be charged with war crimes....my war crimes comment was in general about all wars,no matter what country is doing the killing.... all wars bring death and destruction..... and its not sock and awe

Good health and family
Old 12-14-2006, 05:50 PM   #15
spence

Quote:
Skipper, you don't have to murder or execute innovent people to have commited a war crime. There is a lot of International Law regarding war that the US is party to...and we've clearly violated a lot of it, which I'd guess most wars do. While I wouldn't burden Bush with all of this, he certainly bears a lot of responsibility seeing as he is the Commander in Chief.

Additionally I'd be willing to wager some good money that Bush has indeed approved exemptions to the Geneva Conventions which are probably illegal.

At the very least he's clearly misled the American people or outright lied about our behavior in this regard.

-spence
Old 12-17-2006, 10:24 AM   #16
Skitterpop

Quote:
This was my post.... Many people in this country and in the global community long believe America is an imperialistic war mongering country....no matter what president/power group is sitting at the time.

We carry on in the guise of democracy, patriotism, and God though many people believe otherwise.

All wars and uprisings have war crimes within them.... its part of the nature of wars.

We are all guilty by relation to some degree.... all humans globally.

Good health and family
Old 12-17-2006, 12:02 PM   #17
stripersnipr

Quote:
This was my post.... Many people in this country and in the global community long believe America is an imperialistic war mongering country....no matter what president/power group is sitting at the time.

Intersting perception considering it isn't the US who is currently involved in almost every armed conflict on the face of the earth. Guess who is.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:52 PM   #18
Skitterpop

Covertly?

Good health and family
Old 12-17-2006, 01:53 PM   #19
spence

Quote:
Intersting perception considering it isn't the US who is currently involved in almost every armed conflict on the face of the earth. Guess who is.
Once again...what's the point?

-spence
Old 12-17-2006, 01:18 PM   #20
Skip N

Quote:

We carry on in the guise of democracy, patriotism, and God though many people believe otherwise.

All wars and uprisings have war crimes within them.... its part of the nature of wars.

We are all guilty by relation to some degree.... all humans globally.
In your opinion, is Bush going out of his way to commit war crimes? This what we are asking you. But you wont answer this simple question.

Is Bush going out of his way to commit war crimes? Yes or No

Why wont you answer this?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-17-2006, 04:08 PM   #21
Skitterpop

Quote:
In your opinion, is Bush going out of his way to commit war crimes? This what we are asking you. But you wont answer this simple question.

Is Bush going out of his way to commit war crimes? Yes or No

Why wont you answer this?
Yes

Now on with the show

Good health and family
Old 12-17-2006, 05:36 PM   #22
stripersnipr

Quote:
Yes

Now on with the show

Like I said. Revealing.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:50 PM   #23
Skip N

Quote:
Yes

Now on with the show
Ok, now tell us why he is a war criminal? What has he done to be classified as a war criminal? Please tell us, give the facts to back up your war criminal claim.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]