Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-31-2023, 08:40 AM   #1
PaulS

The Republican Party on Friday officially declared the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol and events that led to it “legitimate political discourse,” and rebuked two lawmakers in the party who have been most outspoken in condemning the deadly riot and the role of Donald J. Trump in spreading the election lies that fueled it.
Old 01-31-2023, 08:51 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
The Republican Party on Friday officially declared the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol and events that led to it “legitimate political discourse,” and rebuked two lawmakers in the party who have been most outspoken in condemning the deadly riot and the role of Donald J. Trump in spreading the election lies that fueled it.
You had top go to January 6th in a thread about bashing cops?

You're such an intellectual coward it's unbelievable. You simply cannot comment on that which doesn't paint your side favorably. You can't jus say that was a stupid thing to say? Do you have any reaction to her words Paul? Any at all?

Two things can be true at the same time Paul. Some in the GOP have behaved horribly in regards to January 6, and at the same time, some democrats are being unbelievably dishonest and reckless with their anti cop rhetoric.

Whatever portion of the January 6th rally that broke laws that day, they killed exactly zero people. Z-e-r-o. How many cops have been ambushed by people who buy into your side's painting the police as racist assassins?
Old 01-31-2023, 09:37 AM   #3
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

You're such an intellectual coward it's unbelievable. You simply cannot comment on that which doesn't paint your side favorably. You can't jus say that was a stupid thing to say? Do you have any reaction to her words Paul? Any at all?

Two things can be true at the same time Paul. Some in the GOP have behaved horribly in regards to January 6, and at the same time, some democrats are being unbelievably dishonest and reckless with their anti cop rhetoric.

Whatever portion of the January 6th rally that broke laws that day, they killed exactly zero people. Z-e-r-o. How many cops have been ambushed by people who buy into your side's painting the police as racist assassins?

Well in his defense There were a lot of cops being bashed physically and verbally

And Jim you get all but hurt when I leave a part out 1 of your statements.. Seem Bush is not afforded that Courtesy but no matter here part of her response The rest can be read here.

https://bush.house.gov/media/press-r...f-tyre-nichols

Charging the officers who brutalized Tyre is not enough. Our country will continue to sanction the taking of Black lives with impunity until it embraces an affirmative vision of public safety and dismantles its racist policing system rooted in enslavement and government control. And let’s be clear: merely diversifying police forces will never address the violent, racist architecture that underpins our entire criminal legal system. The mere presence of Black officers does not stop policing from being a tool of white supremacy.

FYI this is an example of what critical race theory is about. It’s institutional
She mentions no individuals but the concept of policing Seems Jim you always lack any historical Perspective in response to peoples comments….

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/c...ow-you-finish/

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-wo...-militancy-law
Old 01-31-2023, 09:54 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Well in his defense There were a lot of cops being bashed physically and verbally

And Jim you get all but hurt when I leave a part out 1 of your statements.. Seem Bush is not afforded that Courtesy but no matter here part of her response The rest can be read here.

https://bush.house.gov/media/press-r...f-tyre-nichols

Charging the officers who brutalized Tyre is not enough. Our country will continue to sanction the taking of Black lives with impunity until it embraces an affirmative vision of public safety and dismantles its racist policing system rooted in enslavement and government control. And let’s be clear: merely diversifying police forces will never address the violent, racist architecture that underpins our entire criminal legal system. The mere presence of Black officers does not stop policing from being a tool of white supremacy.

FYI this is an example of what critical race theory is about. It’s institutional
She mentions no individuals but the concept of policing Seems Jim you always lack any historical Perspective in response to peoples comments….

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/c...ow-you-finish/

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-wo...-militancy-law
How does including Bush's earlier statements, change the fact that she claims the police institution (not just the few bad cops, but the entire institution) is racist?

If police are white supremacists, then guess what wayne, prison guards are the sadistic guys on the plantation who whipped slaves. Because your profession only exists, to forcibly keep in line people who Bush says are victims of white supremacy. In her mind you're a guard at a concentration camp.

Make that wrong.
Old 01-31-2023, 02:47 PM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
How does including Bush's earlier statements, change the fact that she claims the police institution (not just the few bad cops, but the entire institution) is racist?

If police are white supremacists, then guess what wayne, prison guards are the sadistic guys on the plantation who whipped slaves. Because your profession only exists, to forcibly keep in line people who Bush says are victims of white supremacy. In her mind you're a guard at a concentration camp.

Make that wrong.
Again you’re confusing her concerns of institutional structures and claiming she’s saying police are white supremac

Actually asks anyone if they think prison guards are sadistic . 95 % will say yes. And expect inmates to be treated harshly
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-31-2023, 02:55 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Again you’re confusing her concerns of institutional structures and claiming she’s saying police are white supremac

Actually asks anyone if they think prison guards are sadistic . 95 % will say yes. And expect inmates to be treated harshly
I’m reacting to what she said. Her concerns of institutional racism among the police are beyond absurd. No sane person could look at the data and conclude there’s institutional racism. The data make that impossible

I don’t think prison guards are sadistic. She is the one who says our criminal justice system, of which you are a part, is a tool of white supremacy. I don’t think that. She does.
Old 01-31-2023, 09:30 PM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
I’m reacting to what she said. Her concerns of institutional racism among the police are beyond absurd. No sane person could look at the data and conclude there’s institutional racism. The data make that impossible

I don’t think prison guards are sadistic. She is the one who says our criminal justice system, of which you are a part, is a tool of white supremacy. I don’t think that. She does.
I’m reacting to what she said. Her concerns of institutional racism among the police are beyond absurd.

You still can’t comprehend she did not call police Racist she clearly state the institution to be the problem all not the people whom work in the field of policing

And thanks you for not being one of the 95%
Old 01-31-2023, 09:53 AM   #8
PaulS

Quote:

You're such an intellectual coward it's unbelievable.and your such a POS that you can't respond without insulting people. You simply cannot comment on that which doesn't paint your side favorably. You can't jus say that was a stupid thing to say? Do you have any reaction to her words Paul? Any at all?

Two things can be true at the same time Paul. Some in the GOP have behaved horribly in regards to January 6, and at the same time, some democrats are being unbelievably dishonest and reckless with their anti cop rhetoric.But you started a stupid post to discuss a stupid statement.

You really are a P O S.

Here is a statement from the leading Presidential Republican candidate stating he trusts Putin over US intelligence agencies. Read what he said and look how classless he is - he insults people just as you do. It is difficult to tell the difference between his insults and yours.

"Remember in Helsinki when a 3rd rate reporter asked me, essentially, who I trusted more, President Putin of Russia, or our ‘Intelligence' lowlifes," Trump wrote on his social media platform. "My instinct at the time was that we had really bad people in the form of James Comey, McCabe (whose wife was being helped out by Crooked Hillary while Crooked was under investigation!), Brennan, Peter Strzok (whose wife is at the SEC) & his lover, Lisa Page. Now add McGonigal & other slime to the list. Who would you choose, Putin or these Misfits?," he added.
Old 01-31-2023, 09:55 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
You really are a P O S.

he insults people just as you do. It is difficult to tell the difference between his insults and yours.

I can fill Johns server with examples of your insults. But you're a liberal, so it's not a character flaw when you do it. That must be very convenient.
Old 01-31-2023, 10:00 AM   #10
PaulS

Quote:
I can fill Johns server with examples of your insults. But you're a liberal, so it's not a character flaw when you do it. That must be very convenient.
Just like yesterday there is no reason for me to take your POS insults. If you can't respond back like a big boy that is on you.
Old 01-31-2023, 10:06 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Just like yesterday there is no reason for me to take your POS insults. If you can't respond back like a big boy that is on you.
I see. When you respond ot my insults with insults, that's a virtue. When I respond to your insults with insults, it's a character flaw.

Yesterday, you told a demonstrable lie, that I saw the entire state of TN is awesome. It was a complete lie. I called you out for it, and you gave me a sexual invitation.

That's my bad? I should let it go uncorrected when you blatantly lie and dodge? Again, very convenient how you set up rules in such a way that everything you do is virtuous.
Old 01-31-2023, 10:28 AM   #12
PaulS

Quote:
I see. When you respond ot my insults with insults, that's a virtue. When I respond to your insults with insults, it's a character flaw.Show Me where I insulted you first?

Yesterday, you told a demonstrable lie, that I saw the entire state of TN is awesome. It was a complete lie. I called you out for it, and you gave me a sexual invitation.No, yesterday you had told WDMS that "no, you exclude the outliers" and I responded back with "Except when you use Brentwood TN? Isn't that the one you use to talk about how great TN is while ignoring all the stats about how far behind the state of TN is?"

That's my bad? I should let it go uncorrected when you blatantly lie and dodge? Again, very convenient how you set up rules in such a way that everything you do is virtuous.
So where did I blatently lie? Where did I state as you said "that I saw (I guess what you meant by that gibberish is said?) the entire state of TN is awesome"? See I never said that. I was pointing out how you want someone else to not discuss outliers but that is what you just did and do it repeatedly.

You are such an angry POS you don't even know what people said. Here is another "sexual invitation" - such my #^&#^&#^&#^& you angry POS.