Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-15-2022, 08:32 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you left out letting murderers go free, abandoning the fillibuster, etc..

desperately Cherry picking to distort the truth, to fit the narrative. Why do you have to lie, to defeat a dead party.

maybe i am a rino given my stance on gay marriage and the death penalty and gun control.

I’ve asked many times, can you name any meaningful policy positions on which you disagree with liberals? Can you name one.
Poor RINO, those items are from Fettermans platform.

You like DeSantis because he’s low drama but high cruelty, like Dr Oz the dog killer.

Fetterman was on a board and anyone released was vetted by many others.

But apparently opposing mandatory life without parole makes a U.S. Senate candidate “pro-murderer”

Plenty of people would like to see the filibuster go, the procedure is not part of the US Constitution, becoming theoretically possible with a change of Senate rules only in 1806 and not used until 1837.
There have been more than 2,000 filibusters since 1917; about half have been in just the last 12 or so years since they’ve become effortless.
Just another reason Congress can’t function, but you think that’s good.

As far as your usual query, I’m still waiting to see your badge, Officer Fife….
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-15-2022, 09:01 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Poor RINO, those items are from Fettermans platform.

You like DeSantis because he’s low drama but high cruelty, like Dr Oz the dog killer.

Fetterman was on a board and anyone released was vetted by many others.

But apparently opposing mandatory life without parole makes a U.S. Senate candidate “pro-murderer”

Plenty of people would like to see the filibuster go, the procedure is not part of the US Constitution, becoming theoretically possible with a change of Senate rules only in 1806 and not used until 1837.
There have been more than 2,000 filibusters since 1917; about half have been in just the last 12 or so years since they’ve become effortless.
Just another reason Congress can’t function, but you think that’s good.

As far as your usual query, I’m still waiting to see your badge, Officer Fife….
how come dems love the filibuster when they’re in the minority?

how can i be a maga trumplican and a RINO at the same time?
Old 11-15-2022, 11:26 PM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

how can i be a maga trumplican and a RINO at the same time?
You’re a little schizophrenic?

Hearing GOPChairwoman is a total lock for re-election as chair....even after 3 disastrous cycles.

Know why? Total, unwavering, absolute loyalty to Trump.

Still think he doesn't control the party, top to bottom?

Well, possibly with the exception of you….but you’d still vote for him🤡

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-16-2022, 05:35 AM   #4
scottw

Quote:

they allow themselves many things, they enjoy a sort of religious fanaticism and feelings of superiority based in the narratives they are perpetually fed and digest and regurgitate....

for instance....they think student loan forgivenesses put them on a pillar of moral superiority....the truth is it was nothing more that a very expensive carrot using federal funding to get young indebted people out to vote to protect the forgiveness they were told they were now entitled to....

it was clear that this would not survive the courts but team brandon did not care...

they will tell you this is brilliant political maneuvering as they look down on you from their high horse....

it is in fact, evil

"Briahna Joy Gray, who previously served as a press secretary for Senator Bernie Sanders’s 2020 presidential campaign, on Friday claimed President Biden baited young voters with a “faulty” student-loan forgiveness order.

“They used the promise of student debt cancellation to induce young voter turn out — knowing it wasn’t going anywhere bc they relied on faulty legal authority,” she wrote in a tweet. “Hard to convince me the Biden admin didn’t do this intentionally.”