Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » DIY - Forum

DIY - Forum Do It Yourself for Non-Fishing Items

Old 05-27-2021, 07:24 PM   #1
Hookedagain

Nice looking little house. I'll take a shed dormer over a dog house any day. I also prefer the garage on the right side of the house (No idea why). Theres always a sense of satisfaction when you walk away from a finished project. Nice work as always.
Hookedagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 06:12 AM   #2
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookedagain View Post
Nice looking little house. I'll take a shed dormer over a dog house any day. I also prefer the garage on the right side of the house (No idea why). Theres always a sense of satisfaction when you walk away from a finished project. Nice work as always.

Thanks....I like the floor plan on this one.... large master bedroom, master bath and walk in closet on the first floor...two additional bedrooms and bath on second......I hate climbing stairs.

We are done with the five houses on Chicago St......five more under construction in the new subdivision in Westport.

Speaking of stairs......I have turned over the stair finishing job to a very competent co-worker......my arthritic hands are having trouble doing just basic things now.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 05:53 PM   #3
Hookedagain

Speaking of stairs......I have turned over the stair finishing job to a very competent co-worker......my arthritic hands are having trouble doing just basic things now.[/QUOTE]

I hate climbing stairs as well.
I do however enjoy building them. I have worked in three different stair shops and have done countless in the field. I do have to agree with you though, it is getting more and more painful to be on my knees and un and down the stair as its being built.

Its a good feeling to do projects for repeat customers, I feel like I did something right the first time.
Hookedagain is offline   Reply With Quote