Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-13-2020, 02:31 PM   #1
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Yes it is having it both ways. No, its notUnethical behavior is only a problem for all of you, when it comes from the right. In some case it's the same exact behavior - no complaints when the left does it, horror when the right does it. Infidelity have Trump say he is sorry and for all his thousands of lies, sound sincere and I won't mention it again., putting kids in cagesas has been explained to you many, many times there where major differences, nominating judges in an election year.I have no problem w/nominating judges in an election year - it is the not bringing them up for a vote that I find scummy..how many examples would you like?
Trump said sorry but some question the sincerity and supposedly he later questioned if it was him on the tape.
Old 10-13-2020, 02:41 PM   #2
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Trump said sorry but some question the sincerity and supposedly he later questioned if it was him on the tape.
I don't believe either one. But if they said they were sorry, then they met the original criteria for your absolution. Of course, if you keep putting add-ons and stipulations, you can finally figure a way to make their apologies different and make Trump worse.
Old 10-13-2020, 03:39 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I don't believe either one. But if they said they were sorry, then they met the original criteria for your absolution. Of course, if you keep putting add-ons and stipulations, you can finally figure a way to make their apologies different and make Trump worse.
he already did. In Trumps case "some" doubted the sincerity of his apology, and that was good enough to ignore the apology and declare Trump worse. I guess the "some" who say Clinton wasn't sincere, aren't as credible as the "some" who determined that Trump isn't sincere. Because that's an exact science.
Old 10-13-2020, 03:35 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
"I have no problem w/nominating judges in an election year - it is the not bringing them up for a vote that I find scummy"

Oh my God, do you know what the 'Biden rule' is which the republicans relied in when denying the vote?

BIDEN HIMSELF, when Bush was president, said famously that if a president nominates a SCOTUS candidate in an election year, that the senate should refuse a hearing. Biden said that, they call it the Biden Rule!!

So, unless you have no principles, that must mean you think that Biden is scummy.

You really shot yourself in the foot there.

Can't wait to hear your explanation as to why it was OK for Biden to suggest blocking a vote during an election year!
Old 10-13-2020, 04:41 PM   #5
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"I have no problem w/nominating judges in an election year - it is the not bringing them up for a vote that I find scummy"

Oh my God, do you know what the 'Biden rule' is which the republicans relied in when denying the vote?

BIDEN HIMSELF, when Bush was president, said famouslzy that if a president nominates a SCOTUS candidate in an election year, that the senate should refuse a hearing. Biden said that, they call it the Biden Rule!!

So, unless you have no principles, that must mean you think that Biden is scummy.

You really shot yourself in the foot there.

Can't wait to hear your explanation as to why it was OK for Biden to suggest blocking a vote during an election year!
because Biden was trying to convince people not to do something versus the Republicans who actually refused to do what they were supposed to do, It was much later in the election year and there was no SC vacancy. He was saying they should wait until after the election.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by PaulS; 10-13-2020 at 05:04 PM..
Old 10-13-2020, 05:37 PM   #6
detbuch

Quote:
because Biden was trying to convince people not to do something versus the Republicans who actually refused to do what they were supposed to do, It was much later in the election year and there was no SC vacancy. He was saying they should wait until after the election.
I'm not getting why you are stuck on what Biden or the Republicans said. The Constitution doesn't rely on their versions or when they said their versions or who said what first or who was scummier. What the Republicans are doing is constitutional. I think a "period! End of story." after that would be called for.
Old 10-13-2020, 08:55 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
DId Biden support something you said was scummy? Yes or no?
Old 10-13-2020, 03:37 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
so if a president apologizes, you forgive him. Unless "some" doubt the sincerity of the apology, in which case you don't forgive them.

And it's just a coincidence that none of those "some" doubted the sincerity of Bill Clinton's apologies, because he just reeks of sincerity.