Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-11-2020, 08:36 PM   #1
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
no I think you've got it correct...if your neighborhood is taken over and occupied by a mob and your local and state government won't do anything about it the Constitution(US and State) is meaningless...you have no rights except those granted by the mob...

Is there evidence that this mob is robbing people of their constitutional rights?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:31 AM   #2
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Is there evidence that this mob is robbing people of their constitutional rights?
no, there is clearly no evidence that a mob taking over a portion of an American city and establishing armed check points and declaring it an autonomous zone is taking away anyone's rights...I'm sure every resident and business owner, property and person who may have worked in that area is happy with the situation......

there is quite a bit of evidence that the Seattle mayor is insane however and has no intention of protecting her citizens..

"Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan on Thursday defended the protesters who have declared an “autonomous zone” on the city’s street as “patriotic.”

In her remarks to the press, Durkan also said President Trump’s threat to send in federal resources to crack down on the protesters was “unconstitutional and illegal.”

“Unfortunately, our President wants to tell a story about domestic terrorists who have a radical agenda and are promoting a conspiracy that fits his law and order initiatives,” Durkan said, according to Patch.

“It’s simply not true. Lawfully gathering and expressing first amendment rights, demanding we do better as a society, and providing true equity for communities of color is not terrorism. It’s patriotism.”

LAWFUL GATHERINGS? I bet if they were occupying her neighborhood she'd have a completely different view

https://youtu.be/KafIdOk8bLs

I'm thinking about getting some guns and some friends and taking over a block or two around a couple of nice drinking establishments this weekend...maybe bring some spray paint and do some artwork and throw some bricks.....call it "patriotic" and "peaceful protest".....because I'm feeling woke

.....good grief

Last edited by scottw; 06-12-2020 at 05:31 AM..
Old 06-12-2020, 06:53 AM   #3
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
no, there is clearly no evidence that a mob taking over a portion of an American city and establishing armed check points and declaring it an autonomous zone is taking away anyone's rights...I'm sure every resident and business owner, property and person who may have worked in that area is happy with the situation......

there is quite a bit of evidence that the Seattle mayor is insane however and has no intention of protecting her citizens..

"Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan on Thursday defended the protesters who have declared an “autonomous zone” on the city’s street as “patriotic.”

In her remarks to the press, Durkan also said President Trump’s threat to send in federal resources to crack down on the protesters was “unconstitutional and illegal.”

“Unfortunately, our President wants to tell a story about domestic terrorists who have a radical agenda and are promoting a conspiracy that fits his law and order initiatives,” Durkan said, according to Patch.

“It’s simply not true. Lawfully gathering and expressing first amendment rights, demanding we do better as a society, and providing true equity for communities of color is not terrorism. It’s patriotism.”

LAWFUL GATHERINGS? I bet if they were occupying her neighborhood she'd have a completely different view

https://youtu.be/KafIdOk8bLs

I'm thinking about getting some guns and some friends and taking over a block or two around a couple of nice drinking establishments this weekend...maybe bring some spray paint and do some artwork and throw some bricks.....call it "patriotic" and "peaceful protest".....because I'm feeling woke

.....good grief
At least we agree they aren’t taking anyone’s right away, or at least that there isn’t evidence of it

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 06-12-2020, 07:02 AM   #4
scottw

Quote:
At least we agree they aren’t taking anyone’s right away, or at least that there isn’t evidence of it
ok
Old 06-12-2020, 08:52 AM   #5
scottw

Quote:
just a matter of time....

On Wednesday, the Seattle Police Department said it would try to reopen the East Precinct, and Best was able to visit the location on Thursday. “Our calls for service have more than tripled,” she told reporters. “These are responses to emergency calls — rapes, robberies, and all sorts of violent acts that have been occurring in the area that we’re not able to get to.”

I guess CHAZ Fire and Rescue and CHAZ PD will respond to these calls for help
Old 06-12-2020, 09:26 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Interesting that when CHAZ was founded, the first thing the lefties did was put up a wall, and then have people with AR-15s man that wall. Almost ironic and hypocritical, in a way.
Old 06-12-2020, 10:50 AM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Interesting that when CHAZ was founded, the first thing the lefties did was put up a wall, and then have people with AR-15s man that wall. Almost ironic and hypocritical, in a way.
They didn't put up a wall, they just moved some barricades to block cars after a white nationalist drove into the crowd and shot a protester. I think I've read one or two people with guns have been reported. The police have walked back the reports of extortion which were just rumors.

It seems like this is more of a block party sit in that anything else
Old 06-12-2020, 11:05 AM   #8
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
They didn't put up a wall, they just moved some barricades to block cars after a white nationalist drove into the crowd and shot a protester. I think I've read one or two people with guns have been reported. The police have walked back the reports of extortion which were just rumors.

Fox is pushing the Wall part,, so are their minions
Old 06-12-2020, 11:29 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Except guys carrying AR-15s. And graffiti.

Yu ant to embrace that side, you want to embrace the ideal of Zonker Harris at Wesleyan, knock yourself out.
Old 06-12-2020, 11:58 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:

What about the people who live and work there, who don't want to be swallowed up by a days-long block party? Do they matter at all to a fine, upstanding Bolshevik like yourself?
Old 06-12-2020, 06:55 AM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

This happened 100 years ago and the economic effects of this and similar events had long lasting effects.
But only blacks riot

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin