Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 04-02-2023, 03:31 PM   #31
redlite

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemma View Post
Paul, I'm good. I make plugs and have made darters. I just much prefer metal lip Dannys and Needles.

I know you realize we were just busting balls.
No you absolutely take advantage of his offer. His darters out catch any other darter. I have been trying to get my hands on some of his for years after standing next to my fishing partner slaying fish with them and nothing with super strikes. Maybe a bit of the magician aspect but they outwork.
Black and dark green. Short model
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
redlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 03:50 PM   #32
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Paul M, send it this way!
Paul Iemma, give it a swim. I had not been a big dahtah fan until I was schooled on Buzzards Bay and Cuttyhunk.
My favorite builders of dahtahs, in no particular order (just so I don't insult anyone I want to ho one from); Rockfish9 (Joe), Paul M, Blondterror (Chris), and of course Dr. Numbskull!
I copied Joe's jig for cutting slope and mouth on the bandsaw. Brilliant design.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 08:26 AM   #33
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemma View Post
Paul, I'm good. I make plugs and have made darters. I just much prefer metal lip Dannys and Needles.

I know you realize we were just busting balls.
No offense at all taken. If Beamie or anyone else wants to try a Superstike Darter send me a PM, I'll be happy to send 1. I won't be able to us all I have in my lifetime.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 08:51 AM   #34
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

I now remembered my first dahtah. It was turned by Slip, either at a Plugfest or MSBA meeting in the early 2000s. I ho'd it and it may have been the first plug I primed, painted and wired to fish!
And it was Zeno, in his distinct Cringlish LawngEyeland accent that has always made me type it as dahtah.... So easily confused in dialect with a female offspring!

By the way, Zeno has gotten in his shipment of Croation oilive oil. Get it while you can. Adriatic Gourmet.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 01:47 PM   #35
fishgolf

Yes, thumbs up for Adriatic Gourmet!!
Also, try Capizanno's at the Pawcatuck River Bridge at the Pawcatuck/Westerly line. Great selection of Olive Oil there too.
fishgolf is offline   Reply With Quote