Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-24-2023, 08:49 PM   #1
Jim in CT

MSNBC says Desantis is an authoritarian because he doesn’t think students should be on their phones during class. Better if they’re watching Tik Tok videos i guess.

imagine being that blinded by your lefty ideology that you say it’s authoritarian to want kids to most attention during classroom instruction.
Old 01-25-2023, 08:29 AM   #2
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
MSNBC says Desantis is an authoritarian because he doesn’t think students should be on their phones during class. Better if they’re watching Tik Tok videos i guess.

imagine being that blinded by your lefty ideology that you say it’s authoritarian to want kids to most attention during classroom instruction.
"I think to myself, ‘Why are these kids on their phones during class all the time?’

Now parents rights fly out the windows.. funny how that works.

Only Fox News and their brain washed audience think the phone comment is why MSNBC ( fox’s twin) called. Ron. authoritarian
Shocked
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-25-2023, 08:37 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
"I think to myself, ‘Why are these kids on their phones during class all the time?’

Now parents rights fly out the windows.. funny how that works.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
So parents have a right, to allow their kids to watch Tik Tok videos during class.

As I said, let's present this honestly to parents, and see if they like it or not. Before cell phones, parents had an easy way to get ahold of kids at school if they needed to. If its an emergency, call the school, they contact the kid in 2 seconds. That worked for decades and decades. Now all of a sudden it's not a practical option? Why is that?

If Obama proposed this, you'd all be getting a tingle in your leg. That's all this is. Desantis is a serious challenge in 2024 or 2028, and you hate him for that, to the point of being deranged.

I'm a parent, a tax payer, and I bought phones for my kids. Why would I want my kids on their phones during class, when they're supposed to be learning? Why is that in my interests?

Wayne, you similarly opposed his idea of using tax dollars to lure more police to his state, but you like the idea of using tax dollars to help your family pay off loans that you agreed to take out and you agreed to repay. Explain that logic. If it's not pure partisan derangement, please explain how else you could arrive at those conclusions. I'm genuinely curious.
Old 01-25-2023, 09:36 AM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
So parents have a right, to allow their kids to watch Tik Tok videos during class.

As I said, let's present this honestly to parents, and see if they like it or not. Before cell phones, parents had an easy way to get ahold of kids at school if they needed to. If its an emergency, call the school, they contact the kid in 2 seconds. That worked for decades and decades. Now all of a sudden it's not a practical option? Why is that?

If Obama proposed this, you'd all be getting a tingle in your leg. That's all this is. Desantis is a serious challenge in 2024 or 2028, and you hate him for that, to the point of being deranged.

I'm a parent, a tax payer, and I bought phones for my kids. Why would I want my kids on their phones during class, when they're supposed to be learning? Why is that in my interests?

Wayne, you similarly opposed his idea of using tax dollars to lure more police to his state, but you like the idea of using tax dollars to help your family pay off loans that you agreed to take out and you agreed to repay. Explain that logic. If it's not pure partisan derangement, please explain how else you could arrive at those conclusions. I'm genuinely curious.

Jim stop moving the goalposts to use your line stop embarrassing yourself ... you can't yell Parents rights then claim they dont have them when it comes to phones in the classrooms ..

I agree phones should not be in class room.. but that's not really the issue is it ..

its Rons track record. and all of his edicts (all which have been driven by his desire to run in 2024) of what to teach what not to teach
who can say something and who can't . what moral and what isn't who can vote who can't.. maybe you should look at the totality of his actions

And of course the tic toc reference those damn chinese 1st the virus now this more GOP fear mongering.. however it or any social media app shouldn't be on any state or federally issues electronic devices.. that just common sense

if you are only see Rons strokes 1 at a time . your missing the picture his painting and its title is authoritarian

Last edited by wdmso; 01-25-2023 at 09:44 AM..
Old 01-25-2023, 09:52 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
J

I agree phones should not be in class room.. but that's not really the issue is it ..

its Rons track record. and all of his edicts (all which have been driven by his desire to run in 2024) of what to teach what not to teach
who can say something and who can't . what moral and what isn't who can vote who can't.. maybe you should look at the totality of his actions

And of course the tic toc reference those damn chinese 1st the virus now this more GOP fear mongering.. however it or any social media app shouldn't be on any state or federally issues electronic devices.. that just common sense

if you are only see Rons strokes 1 at a time . your missing the picture his painting and its title is authoritarian
"I agree phones should not be in class room.. but that's not really the issue is it .."

If you are sane, yes that's the issue.

If your goal is to paint him as an authoritarian Nazi, then you need to make it about a bigger issue.

Wayne, Republicans have many flaws, they have as many flaws as anyone else. Obviously they aren't more authoritarian than liberals. Liberals want a bigger government with more control, than conservatives want. That doesn't mean that conservatives are correct, we can reasonably disagree on whether or not more government is good or bad. But to suggest that he's a dictator, is beyond absurd.
Old 01-25-2023, 09:56 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim stop moving the goalposts to use your line stop embarrassing yourself ... you can't yell Parents rights then claim they dont have them when it comes to phones in the classrooms ..

"and all of his edicts (all which have been driven by his desire to run in 2024) of what to teach what not to teach"

Why wouldn't you conclude that's what his constituents want? Have you listened to parents who show up at school board meetings? Is Desantis ramming his personal agenda upon the state? Or is he doing what his citizens want? The latter, is called "democracy".

"of what to teach what not to teach"

Liberals do that all the time, and you never complain.

"who can say something and who can't"

See my previous response. Talk to the HS football coach who got fired for leading voluntary prayer. That's not authoritarian?

"maybe you should look at the totality of his actions "

His citizens recently did that, it's called an "election". He won in a crushing landslide. What does that tell you? You don't have to like his agenda. The fact is, a huge majority of those who live in his state, like his agenda. That is irrefutable fact.

How about the part of his agenda where he refused to follow the herd and lock his state down, but opened up when the data showed he should? Do you give him any credit for that brave leadership? His citizens love him for it. And they should.
Old 01-25-2023, 11:04 AM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
"and all of his edicts (all which have been driven by his desire to run in 2024) of what to teach what not to teach"

Why wouldn't you conclude that's what his constituents want? Have you listened to parents who show up at school board meetings? Is Desantis ramming his personal agenda upon the state? Or is he doing what his citizens want? The latter, is called "democracy".

"of what to teach what not to teach"

Liberals do that all the time, and you never complain.

"who can say something and who can't"

See my previous response. Talk to the HS football coach who got fired for leading voluntary prayer. Don't belong on the field at a public school that's Constitution you may have heard about separation of church and state That's not authoritarian? nope its called the law

"maybe you should look at the totality of his actions "

His citizens recently did that, it's called an "election". He won in a crushing landslide. What does that tell you? You don't have to like his agenda. The fact is, a huge majority of those who live in his state, like his agenda. That is irrefutable fact.

How about the part of his agenda where he refused to follow the herd and lock his state down, but opened up when the data showed he should? Do you give him any credit for that brave leadership? His citizens love him for it. And they should.

Jim loves his authoritarian tough guys

Why wouldn't you conclude that's what his constituents want?

Republicans definition of constituents only those who vote in the primaries

and you call opening up Brave leadership LOL the below ad should give you a chubby

Old 01-25-2023, 11:21 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim loves his authoritarian tough guys

Why wouldn't you conclude that's what his constituents want?

Republicans definition of constituents only those who vote in the primaries

and you call opening up Brave leadership LOL the below ad should give you a chubby

"Don't belong on the field at a public school that's Constitution"

You show me where in the constitution it says you can't choose to pray on a field at a public school. The coach was reinstated by the courts, as the firing is what is obviously prohibited by the Constitution. Wayne, the constitution doesn't say religion cannot intersect with public life. It says that the state shall pass no law which interferes with the free exercise of religion. That's nowhere near the same as saying "no religion in public".

"Jim loves his authoritarian tough guys "

You love them, when they're liberal. That's clear. He's only considered an authoritarian by people he's clobbering. Just because he's pulverizing democrats again and again, doesn't make him Hitler.

"Republicans definition of constituents only those who vote in the primaries"

What are you talking about? I'm talking about the general election. He won in a complete rout. How can you deny that a big majority of his residents like what he's doing?

"and you call opening up Brave leadership LOL"

Tell us what you call it. He bucked the trend, and he was shown to be absolutely right. We all know the lockdowns were largely unnecessary, and that keeping kids out of school was a complete disaster. How many governors resisted? It's a short list, and he's on it.

I don't think he's perfect. The timing of punishing Disney was obvious political retribution, and therefore stupid and that was authoritarian. I can criticize him for his blunders.

But unlike you, I can admit when he smashes it 800 feet out of the park.

You called his bill "don't say gay". There's absolutely nothing in there that singles out homosexuality. You were duped by the media on your side who took you for a sucker, and it worked.