Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-24-2015, 09:47 AM   #1
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
"Lying" . . . or "mistaken"? Hillary contradicts that testimony in her emails to her family and to the Egyptian government.
While I think that this investigation is rediculous, I agree with you here.

What's shocking to me is the great surprise here as every politician in the world says one thing and does another.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-24-2015, 02:26 PM   #2
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
While I think that this investigation is rediculous, I agree with you here.

What's shocking to me is the great surprise here as every politician in the world s ays one thing and does another.
The surprise is that this is something we, the public didn't know before. It is not old news. And it is evidence, smoking gun if you will, that she knew she was lying.

If, indeed, all politicians in the world say one thing and do another, that is not quite the same as saying, portraying, one thing to the public to hide, or deflect from, what she knows truly happened. That would be called a cover-up. Which, ironically, is what she helped nail Nixon for. A cover-up.

But, apparently, what's good for the goose is not good for the gander here. Nixon was forced to resign from the presidency or be impeached. HRC gets to run for President.
Old 10-24-2015, 04:28 PM   #3
Doover

Send a message via AIM to Doover
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
The surprise is that this is something we, the public didn't know before. It is not old news. And it is evidence, smoking gun if you will, that she knew she was lying.

If, indeed, all politicians in the world say one thing and do another, that is not quite the same as saying, portraying, one thing to the public to hide, or deflect from, what she knows truly happened. That would be called a cover-up. Which, ironically, is what she helped nail Nixon for. A cover-up.

But, apparently, what's good for the goose is not good for the gander here. Nixon was forced to resign from the presidency or be impeached. HRC gets to run for President.
Hillary Rodham was expelled from the Nixon Investigation for lying.

ISAIAH 3:9

Romans 1:26-27
Old 10-25-2015, 06:12 AM   #4
scottw

Quote:

What's shocking to me is the great surprise here as every politician in the world says one thing and does another.

we're not talking about every politician in the world...we're talking about HRC....I think the great surprise for many here...is that for this particular politician, whose lies can be chronicled for decades and whose lies have been egregious and repetitive to the degree that a healthy % in the country when polled come up with the word "liar" to describe her (I'm not sure what you've got in terms of actual evidence for your "every politician in the world" hypocrite contention)...the surprise is that she is so aggressively defended and championed as someone who should be our President...

no Eben, we're not surprise that Hillary lies(it's actually expected at this point).... nor that politicians the world over lie or are hypocrites, or that people the world over lie or are hypocrites, but lying...particularly when it involves someone in a position of power and trust and involves great consequences should carry a stigma and even penalty, for some it appears to be an asset...you can't continue to claim the government is corrupt if you don't hold politicians or appointees of politicians accountable( if you haven't noticed the money, power and influence that currently exists in Washington makes it almost impossible to hold anyone accountable *note Justice Dept re: IRS and Lois L)....you can't continue to complain about corporate welfare etc.. while supporting and voting for someone who promises to grow the size and scope of government and funnel more of the country's resources through it (which will only exacerbate the problems that you currently see)...

"The point is that when it comes to Clinton's lying and the press(and others) not caring and turning their derision on those who do, it’s déjà vu for as far as the eye can see."

"We’ve grown accustomed to public officials lying to us, but the fabric of society requires we maintain a reasonable level of trust in those we’ve elected to protect our interests. When you’ve abused that trust, you invite chaos and misery."

Last edited by scottw; 10-25-2015 at 07:14 AM..
Old 10-25-2015, 07:35 AM   #5
scottw

Quote:

Eben, as I've tried to explain regarding the above, can you explain to me how someone, who acknowledges the inherent dishonesty and current lack of accountability that exists through politics and government here and elsewhere, can possibly support a candidate whose plan is to grow the size and scope of the government full of corrupt and dishonest individuals and funnel more of the country's wealth through their fingers????
Old 10-25-2015, 09:01 AM   #6
Doover

Send a message via AIM to Doover
Exclamation

Democrats HATE Government and then DEMAND more of it!

ISAIAH 3:9

Romans 1:26-27