Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 12-23-2009, 02:21 PM   #1
Canalratt1

Larry it is very easy to get an Oil Burners License, you make an appointment for the exam and pass it you have it! It is actually called an Oil Burners Technician Certificate and with it you can start your own company with no experiance! I know because I just got mine after going to school for that, Basic Electrical and HVAC (I got my 608 EPA Universal Certificate. I am still unemployed and looking to get into these fields. If I knew you were haveing this trouble I may have been able to help you out with it. Even if the chamber was soaked with oil you probably could have saved it but once it was removed you are pretty much screwed. The first guy probably kept hitting the reset, thats the main culprit with an oil soaked chamber. If your still stuck let me know myself and my buddy that I went to school lives close by but not till after Xmas. Good Luck!

Canalratt1
Canalratt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:28 PM   #2
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canalratt1 View Post
Larry it is very easy to get an Oil Burners License, you make an appointment for the exam and pass it you have it! It is actually called an Oil Burners Technician Certificate and with it you can start your own company with no experiance! I know because I just got mine after going to school for that, Basic Electrical and HVAC (I got my 608 EPA Universal Certificate. I am still unemployed and looking to get into these fields. If I knew you were haveing this trouble I may have been able to help you out with it. Even if the chamber was soaked with oil you probably could have saved it but once it was removed you are pretty much screwed. The first guy probably kept hitting the reset, thats the main culprit with an oil soaked chamber. If your still stuck let me know myself and my buddy that I went to school lives close by but not till after Xmas. Good Luck!
I have one Tony.....ya still have to know the stuff to pass....they don't hand them out...if they did the "Clotpot" (Thanks Numby) would have had one that showed up first!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:52 PM   #3
FishermanTim

Is there any way you can go after the first guy, the "plumber", and get some $$ from them for the damage he caused?

Hopefully everything will work out fine in the end.

Merry Christmas!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:59 PM   #4
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

To be honest with you FT...I have thought about it....and decided it will be more of a headache and a pain in the a$$...my a$$...and I will never see a dime so.....screw it! Chalking it up to lesson learned!

Sorry Tony if my last post sounded rude? I did not mean it to be! I am wound pretty tight right now! Thanks for the offer....I do appreciate it. I have a oil burner license...but I did tank replacements and installs so my first hand knowledge and hands on beyond the firomatic valve at the burner pump was very limited. So I bow to those who do it for a living......I just picked a bad apple to start with!

Old 12-23-2009, 03:38 PM   #5
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

..oral gratification??? what's next? ....flyfishing?

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #6
vineyardblues

Larry Larry Larry

I have been having some issues myself and just got off the phone with a Tech who will be here tomorrow between 11-1pm
Wish me luck Please

Mine keeps shuting down and will not restart untill I hit that little red button The temp in the AM is COLD ..........
A good old cleaning I hope!
vineyardblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #7
Raven

my plumber hasn't even called yet so back to the shrinking
wood pile i go....

GOOD LUCK VB
~
OH MY GOD Larry ///i just re read this whole post
and cannot believe the amount of bullsh1t you've had
to endure in the last 48 hours.

I hope it all works out soon.

Last edited by Raven; 12-23-2009 at 04:05 PM..
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #8
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Be careful you do not hit the little red button too many times Peter......you will shoot too much oil in the chamber if you do....and wind up like me! Flyfishing??? You would sonner catch me with a.....oh never mind!