Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-09-2021, 12:26 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Similarly….despite the fact that I’m vaccinated and will have a mask on most of the day today. Because I don’t support government mandated vaccination….I’m an anti-vaxxer…this is how the totalitarians operate. You either agree with them completely or they become enraged and vindictive. Pretty screwed up😜
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
exactly. conservatives aren’t anti vaccine, were opposed to state laws forcing us to get it.

the groups that are least vaccinated include blacks and people with phd’s, two groups that are heavily democratic. but like everything, it’s all the republicans fault.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:55 PM   #2
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
exactly. conservatives aren’t anti vaccine, were opposed to state laws forcing us to get it.

the groups that are least vaccinated include blacks and people with phd’s, two groups that are heavily democratic. but like everything, it’s all the republicans fault.
maybe they should call it a vaccine dress code ? the right polticalitized the Vaccine and now its biting them in the back Said

Yet if your Pro Choice you support abortion the right need to understand they cant claim these exceptions for themselves but deny them to others But they do it all the time .... and that's actually How the totalitarians operate..
Old 09-09-2021, 01:39 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
maybe they should call it a vaccine dress code ? the right polticalitized the Vaccine and now its biting them in the back Said

Yet if your Pro Choice you support abortion the right need to understand they cant claim these exceptions for themselves but deny them to others But they do it all the time .... and that's actually How the totalitarians operate..
trump was president when the vaccine was created. trump
said today everyone should get vaccinated.

FACT - two of the groups with the lowest vaccination rates are blacks and people with PhDs. those are not people who take their marching orders from republicans, last time i checked.

how is it the fault of republicans, that blacks and college professors are hesitant to get vaccinated? i just can’t wait to hear your answer to that one. good luck.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:58 PM   #4
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
how is it the fault of republicans, that blacks and college professors are hesitant to get vaccinated? i just can’t wait to hear your answer to that one. good luck.
It's not, but then you know no one should be arguing that all hesitancy is driven by Trump and there are no other causes.

It is hard to not notice this correlation...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Map.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	68331   Click image for larger version

Name:	COVID_Vax.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	68332  

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 09-09-2021, 02:15 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
It's not, but then you know no one should be arguing that all hesitancy is driven by Trump and there are no other causes.

and if vaccine hesitancy was correlated with state, you’d have a point. but again, there are other variables more correlated. race and education are the big ones.

how come you didn’t show a chart showing vaccination by race or education? is it because that chart wouldn’t make republicans look bad?
Old 09-09-2021, 02:18 PM   #6
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
and if vaccine hesitancy was correlated with state, you’d have a point. but again, there are other variables more correlated. race and education are the big ones.

how come you didn’t show a chart showing vaccination by race or education? is it because that chart wouldn’t make republicans look bad?
Because I agreed with your point that those two populations don't relate to Trump/GOP hesitancy.
Race and education are two big ones I don't think those are the only to variables out there. Are you trying to say that the reason Mississippi, Alabama, West Virginia Wyoming and Idaho are the lowest on that map because of race and an abundance of hesitant PhD's?

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 09-09-2021, 02:22 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Because I agreed with your point that those two populations don't relate to Trump/GOP hesitancy.
Race and education are two big ones I don't think those are the only to variables out there. Are you trying to say that the reason Mississippi, Alabama, West Virginia Wyoming and Idaho are the lowest on that map because of race and an abundance of hesitant PhD's?
if you don’t think they’re the only two variables, you have to do a multivariate look, not a univariate look, to find the other variables. come on.

the study i posted is just for CT, by race.

wdmso said republicans are politicizing the vaccine. you posted a map of trump voters. But try to follow me here…

TRUMP IS A HUGE ADVOCATE FOR VACCINES.

Kamala Harris was the one who said she wouldn’t take it, if trump said to take it. Well, trump is saying to take it. So if anyone is persuading blacks not to take it, it’s Kamala Harris. She said not to take it if trump suggested we take it.

et tu, Brian? the one guy i expect better from.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-09-2021 at 02:36 PM..
Old 09-09-2021, 02:16 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:

your map shows a very high vaccination rate in CT. but the vaccination rates among blacks in CT, is low.

don’t cherry pick, you’re the one guy on that side who knows better.
Old 09-09-2021, 02:19 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:

63% of the state of CT is vaccinated, but among blacks, it’s only 43%.

https://hartfordhealthcare.org/about...9&publicId=395
Old 09-09-2021, 02:59 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:

ANd of course there's some correlation. There's a certain kind of paranoid irrational person, who will never do anytihng the federal government says to do. The overwhelming majority of those (sad to say) are Republicans, and no they don't have PhDs, you got me there.
Old 09-09-2021, 02:55 PM   #11
wdmso

Quote:
trump was president when the vaccine was created. trump
said today everyone should get vaccinated.

FACT - two of the groups with the lowest vaccination rates are blacks and people with PhDs. those are not people who take their marching orders from republicans, last time i checked.

Jim here we go again.. with the blacks There are about twice as many Republicans as there are Black people in the United States

It estimates that Black Americans make up about 13 percent of the population and 13 percent of the group that says it will never receive a dose of the vaccine. Republicans, by contrast, make up more than half of each group, including nearly 6 in 10 of those who say they won’t get vaccinated.

the PHD thing another red herring https://www.wnct.com/news/north-caro...-among-ph-d-s/