Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2019, 09:48 PM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Since you didn't, or couldn't, answer the question, I'll do it for you. No, it was not illegal or inappropriate for Attorney General William Barr to have private meetings overseas with foreign intelligence officials, including in the U.K. and Italy, seeking their help in investigation of the current ongoing Russia investigation.

The U.S. has a Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty with both Italy and the U.K. Asking for assistance in the Russia investigation if those countries have information that can be of help is not only legal and appropriate and even reasonable, but a dereliction if the assistance was not asked.

This is in no way comparable to Lorreta Lynch tarmac issue, nor at all like seeking smears, especially if not related to an ongoing criminal investigation, and it certainly was not an abuse of office.
Putin’s goals are to get out from under 2 sets of sanctions: one based on messing with our 2016 election, one on invading Ukraine. Trump’s efforts to pressure Ukraine into settling with Russia & to “prove” Russia didn’t mess with us in 2016 make sense as ways to please Putin.

To contradict and undermine the entire IC of the United States, to exonerate Russia.
This is the foreign policy they’re advancing.
Russia’s foreign policy.

Putin’s Puppet

So ironic that a supposed nationalist like Trump isn't trusting his own citizens but is actively seeking international assistance to support his failing presidency & re-election chances.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Pete F.; 09-30-2019 at 10:22 PM..

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin